Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what's your ideal wide reciever group now

danlhart87

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again. Can you point to the "derp sauce" with brazill?

I highly doubt you can prove anything you are saying about the guy

The multiple weed violations?

The known issues with route running?

The fact he didn't show up to OTA's?

Hes been a series of mental errors, which is the definition of derp. Could he turn it around? Sure. But seriously, hes not talented enough to get away with this crap.

Hes been a series of mental errors, which is the definition of derp. Could he turn it around? Sure. But seriously, hes not talented enough to get away with this crap.

So when exactly are you up for Sainthood?

stop with the known issues of route running

That isn't known. No matter what you read in a scouting report

In know its very unlikely. I just wondering what people think a hypothetical franchiuse could get him for.

A 2nd, 3rd and some later pick or a 1st and something like a 3rd. I know a bunch of people will say much more but fortunately when WRs get traded they never get traded for as much as expected.

I doubt the jags would trade him to anyone he's there best player

Weirder and/dumber things have happened lol. Sometimes circumstances change and things that no one would've ever predicted happen. Peyton Manning plays for another team and most colts fans are ok with that now. I'm not sure if they still would want to trade Blackmon but if they did then I would want/expect the Colts to be one of the first teams attempting a move.

I'm wondering how Rogers has looked since being on the practice squad. Had good size, not blazing speed but from what I notice from his highlights is that he catches the ball with his hands. Not a body catcher like DHB likes to do. If he can get his head on straight and get his route running dialed in he could be a starter.

I'm wondering how Rogers has looked since being on the practice squad. Had good size, not blazing speed but from what I notice from his highlights is that he catches the ball with his hands. Not a body catcher like DHB likes to do. If he can get his head on straight and get his route running dialed in he could be a starter.

I wanna know too he is a good blocker too so if Reggie can help his rout running he will be a monster

Browns aren't trading Gordon for a second his stock is high, someone like the Patriots or 49ers will give up a 1st for him.

1.T.Y

2.DHB

3.Brazil

4.Rogers

5.Whalen

With our top 3 will have the fastest WR group in the league. They'll have a few drops but will have a ton of more big plays down field. Brazil proved last year against the Lions that he is a deep threat and we already know what T.Y can do. DHB and Fleener can do the underneath stuff and we can still do screens with Richardson and Brown. I think our offense will be better then a lot of you think. We still have needs at ILB,G,C,CB  were gonna need those picks. Luck is good enough to make it work with our WR's.

I tend to agree with this for the most part. However, T.Y. is not a possession receiver.........we need a possession receiver. Rogers fits that mold (and Brazil to an extent). It won't be popular, but I would be surprised if Mahommed Massaquoi didn't get a tryout. Even though he isn't necessarily a possession receiver, I wouldn't mind Devery Henderson (he is too small really) either. I am just trying to be realistic with the salary cap situation. Wouldn't mind trading for Nick Toon since the Saints aren't using him. These are all just stop gaps. I think the fan base is going to be disappointed because I don't believe we will be bringing in the rising star that they are looking for.......I hope I am wrong.

I tend to agree with this for the most part. However, T.Y. is not a possession receiver.........we need a possession receiver. Rogers fits that mold (and Brazil to an extent). It won't be popular, but I would be surprised if Mahommed Massaquoi didn't get a tryout. Even though he isn't necessarily a possession receiver, I wouldn't mind Devery Henderson (he is too small really) either. I am just trying to be realistic with the salary cap situation. Wouldn't mind trading for Nick Toon since the Saints aren't using him. These are all just stop gaps. I think the fan base is going to be disappointed because I don't believe we will be bringing in the rising start that they are looking for.......I hope I am wrong.

I really hate the idea of bringing in ANOTHER free agent and I especially hate the idea of trading away more draft picks to get ANY of those receivers that have been mentioned. Nicks, Gordon, Britt etc. dont fit the Colts mold. Plus Nicks is injury prone as it is, and Gordon and Britt are headcases. 

I want ZERO part of any of them. We need to develop our current roster of receivers like Brazil and Whalen. They need more in game experience. What a perfect chance to get it.

I'm really really really really really hoping this is no trade.

#1 TY Hilton

#2 Darrius Heyward Bey

#3 Lavon Brazill

#4 Griff Whalen

#5 David Reed

It would more than likely be 

#1 DHB (should be #4)

#2 Brazill/Hilton

#3 Brazill/Hilton

#4 and #5 are toss ups pending who comes up Rogers or Whalen

I tend to agree with this for the most part. However, T.Y. is not a possession receiver.........we need a possession receiver. Rogers fits that mold (and Brazil to an extent). It won't be popular, but I would be surprised if Mahommed Massaquoi didn't get a tryout. Even though he isn't necessarily a possession receiver, I wouldn't mind Devery Henderson (he is too small really) either. I am just trying to be realistic with the salary cap situation. Wouldn't mind trading for Nick Toon since the Saints aren't using him. These are all just stop gaps. I think the fan base is going to be disappointed because I don't believe we will be bringing in the rising star that they are looking for.......I hope I am wrong.

Desean Jackson isn't a possession wr but he's 4th in the league with 610 yards and 5 TDs. T.Y is the same type of player but he's tougher and goes across the middle more then Jackson. Pep has to build the offense around Hilton and i think we will see it.

Desean Jackson isn't a possession wr but he's 4th in the league with 610 yards and 5 TDs. T.Y is the same type of player but he's tougher and goes across the middle more then Jackson. Pep has to build the offense around Hilton and i think we will see it.

I guess I am not following your argument here. TY is perfectly capable and can be used as Pep sees fit. You still need a solid possession receiver on your team to move the chains.You need TY to run the routes (intermediate routes) he does to open up the routes for (formerly Reggie).....take TYs intermediate routes and the safeties start to creep up and clog the middle. My point is that we need a solid set of hands who is an excellent route runner.....someone to move the chains.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I would move Whalen up and play Whalen,Bey outside and Hilton in the slot.

Why anyone would put Whalen in front of Brazill is beyond me...

I think the Colts should stick with who they have right now.

There is all this talk about Gordon but there are 3 problems with that:

1. He has character problems and is too much of a risk ( his next suspension will be 1year).

2. If they acquire him via trade they have to pay him his current salary which may be in conflict with current salary cap

3. Giving up another draft pick is too much, especially after giving 1 for Richardson.

Besides, I am not even sure he is that good.

Another name that comes comes up is Nicks but he presents injury risks and he is not in shape. Last night he caught 2 or 3 passes out of 10 passes intended for him.

Back to our guys, they need to step up as Wayne was the only receiver that truly inspired confidence. I am OK with both TY and DHB but with Brazill the jury is still out and currently I don't trust him. I also don't understand why Rogers' name is brought up because he hasn't shown anything yet.

I am a fan of Griff Whalen and I trust his hands and route running more than of other WRs on the roster. I confess that I am a little frustrated with Grigson and coaches that they don't give him a chance. I am still skeptical they will promote him this time but I still hold some hope.

I agree with everything that was said here. Gordon is 1 test away from being gone. Nicks can't stay out of the training room. Whalen deserves a chance to prove himself. let him play in Waynes spot which was the slot most of the time

Whalen is not an outside receiver. Rodgers brazil hilton dhb are. Also rodgers is good at going up the middle and making tough catches and he is hard to bring down.

you do not need speed to be an outside receiver, but we need some one to replace Reggie and IMO, Whalen is the best option.