Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what's your ideal wide reciever group now

danlhart87

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

1. Josh Gordon (Colts trade away 2013 2nd round pick to Browns)

2. DHB

3. Hilton

4. Brazil

5. Rogers

Yes yes and yes.

DHB

TY

Brazil

Whalen (his strengths seemed to be route running & his hands during TC so no better way to learn/improve than to be thrown to the wolves)

& I think Deion Branch is the FA to bring in, he brings experience, comes from a disciplined team, & I've heard he is keeping himself in as much game shape as a FA can, could be a decent/cheap insurance plan...

Browns aren't trading Gordon for a second his stock is high, someone like the Patriots or 49ers will give up a 1st for him.

1.T.Y

2.DHB

3.Brazil

4.Rogers

5.Whalen

With our top 3 will have the fastest WR group in the league. They'll have a few drops but will have a ton of more big plays down field. Brazil proved last year against the Lions that he is a deep threat and we already know what T.Y can do. DHB and Fleener can do the underneath stuff and we can still do screens with Richardson and Brown. I think our offense will be better then a lot of you think. We still have needs at ILB,G,C,CB  were gonna need those picks. Luck is good enough to make it work with our WR's.

Browns aren't trading Gordon for a second his stock is high, someone like the Patriots or 49ers will give up a 1st for him.

1.T.Y

2.DHB

3.Brazil

4.Rogers

5.Whalen

With our top 3 will have the fastest WR group in the league. They'll have a few drops but will have a ton of more big plays down field. Brazil proved last year against the Lions that he is a deep threat and we already know what T.Y can do. DHB and Fleener can do the underneath stuff and we can still do screens with Richardson and Brown. I think our offense will be better then a lot of you think.

1) The suspension risk on Gordon is too high for anyone to give up a first on him, especially notoriously pick stingy Belichick.

2) Speed is meaningless without seperation

3) There is no good route runner with sure hands on the roster to give the speed guys room to build a head of steam by drawing coverage

Seriously, you way underestimate how much Reggie did for these wideouts.

1) The suspension risk on Gordon is too high for anyone to give up a first on him, especially notoriously pick stingy Belichick.

3) There is no good route runner with sure hands on the roster to give the speed guys room to build a head of steam by drawing coverage

If I recall correctly, Gordon has managed to stay out of trouble so far in the NFL.  And that is with the Browns, an organization without a clear leader.  If he comes here and sees guys like Luck and Mathis leading the way, I don't think he will get into trouble

If I recall correctly, Gordon has managed to stay out of trouble so far in the NFL. And that is with the Browns, an organization without a clear leader. If he comes here and sees guys like Luck and Mathis leading the way, I don't think he will get into trouble

Its still risky, hes one failed test away from a one year suspension, but you would have to think Pagano, Luck, and Mathis could keep his head on straight.

Its the best case scenario for Indy at this stage honestly

Reggie is a great player no doubt about it but don't underestimate T.Y Hilton either. He opened up a lot of wide open holes over the middle for Wayne by taking the top off the defense with his speed. Gordon is not even a possession WR he's more of a deep threat and he's one strike away from getting suspended for the year. He's talented but we have other needs on this team. I think we could actually see Luck 225 ypg go up  by 25  because will have more speed on the field and will take more deep shots downfield with T.Y and Brazil.

Reggie is a great player no doubt about it but don't underestimate T.Y Hilton either. He opened up a lot of wide open holes over the middle for Wayne by taking the top off the defense with his speed. Gordon is not even a possession WR he's more of a deep threat and he's one strike away from getting suspended for the year. He's talented but we have other needs on this team. I think we could actually see Luck 225 ypg go up by 25 because will have more speed on the field and will take more deep shots downfield with T.Y and Brazil.

Or it could be a Pep Hamilton run offense and we see more running plays rather than risk deep throws, which is what will happen.

Face it, the Colts need an established threat, and TY just isnt there yet, hes still best as a slot reciever/deep threat. Gordon would at least draw number ones, and allow for building WR outside of just this year.

Again, speed is pointless when you cant get seperation, and none of those speedy WR on the Colts roster has proven they can do that consistently.

Or it could be a Pep Hamilton run offense and we see more running plays rather than risk deep throws, which is what will happen.

Face it, the Colts need an established threat, and TY just isnt there yet, hes still best as a slot reciever/deep threat. Gordon would at least draw number ones, and allow for building WR outside of just this year.

Again, speed is pointless when you cant get seperation, and none of those speedy WR on the Colts roster has proven they can do that consistently.

T.Y Hilton has consistently got separation from the db's Luck just has to be a bit more accurate and i think he will. Brazil proved last year that he can get separation just couldn't get on the field because of Avery. DHB as well he just needs to work on catching away from body.

I think Jackson would be cheaper than Gordon. Jackson's contract was front loaded in the first two years, so it wouldn't be a big cap hit. The fact he is 30 and the fact they may drop him this offseason to get rid of his contract to rebuild could mean we could get him real cheap.

With what we have:

1,DHB

2.Brazill

3.Hilton

4.Whalen

More 4 wide sets

No matter where we put them they will all have to step way up but DHB would create matchup problems if he would just breakout and live up to his draft status, The guy had almost a 975 yard season in 2011 so talent is there, I dont think we will trade for a big name wr, In other words with that wr corp out on the field its gonna be a slow frustrating death, I expect alot more inconsistency, I think at best we pick up Laurent Robinson who is pretty good if healthy

DHB is really growing on me-seems to be hard working guy. Not great hands but not hopeless and gives fine effort. He is beginning to really perform.

TY: what's not to like?

Gordon: But Cleveland would likely only devalue their first round pick for Trich by making us better with Gordon....but who knows what that franchise is thinking?

Excluding Gordon, I probably stick with Brazill.

I don't see Grif as a real answer, and it sounds like Da'Rick needs some time to mature physically and emotionally.

I think the Colts should stick with who they have right now.

There is all this talk about Gordon but there are 3 problems with that:

1. He has character problems and is too much of a risk ( his next suspension will be 1year).

2. If they acquire him via trade they have to pay him his current salary which may be in conflict with current salary cap

3. Giving up another draft pick is too much, especially after giving 1 for Richardson.

Besides, I am not even sure he is that good.

Another name that comes comes up is Nicks but he presents injury risks and he is not in shape. Last night he caught 2 or 3 passes out of 10 passes intended for him.

Back to our guys, they need to step up as Wayne was the only receiver that truly inspired confidence. I am OK with both TY and DHB but with Brazill the jury is still out and currently I don't trust him. I also don't understand why Rogers' name is brought up because he hasn't shown anything yet.

I am a fan of Griff Whalen and I trust his hands and route running more than of other WRs on the roster. I confess that I am a little frustrated with Grigson and coaches that they don't give him a chance. I am still skeptical they will promote him this time but I still hold some hope.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think the Colts should stick with who they have right now.

There is all this talk about Gordon but there are 3 problems with that:

1. He has character problems and is too much of a risk ( his next suspension will be 1year).

2. If they acquire him via trade they have to pay him his current salary which may be in conflict with current salary cap

3. Giving up another draft pick is too much, especially after giving 1 for Richardson.

Besides, I am not even sure he is that good.

Another name that comes comes up is Nicks but he presents injury risks himself and he is not in shape. Last night he caught 2 or 3 passes out of 10 passes intended for him.

Back to our guys, they need to step up as Wayne was the only receiver that truly inspired confidence. I am OK with both TY and DHB but with Brazill the jury is still out and currently I don't trust him. I also don't understand whi Rogers' name is brought up because he hasn't shown anything yet.

I am a fan of Griff Whalen and I trust his hands and route running more than of other WRs on the roster. I confess that I am a little frustrated with Grigson and coaches that they don't give him a chance. I am still skeptical they will promote him this time but I still hold some hope.

#1.  You are right about that.  He is a risk.

#2.  He is under his rookie contract with some of his base already payed by Cleveland.  If we got him his cap hit for this year would be under $400K

#3.  Gordon is VERY good, and is better than anyone we could get for a 2nd round pick next year at the WR position.