Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB Depth Chart

colts52761

1. Javarris James - i know people think i'm crazy, but i think he should be given the chance.

2. Delone Carter - see what the rookie can do.

3. Donald Brown - keep him one more year, still think he'll be a bust, but gives us some depth until next draft

4. Chad Spann - don't know much about him.

I don't want us to resign Addai, i think he has done a good job but i think once he gets a new contract, he'll be more injury plagued.

:hmm: not sure about Javarris blocking for Manning. If we were not built so much around the play action , I would consider it but we need someone like Addai who is willing to give up his body to protect Manning. To me that is why Addai is so valuable. Not only does he protect well but he can run pretty dayum good when given holes. If the new OL is in fact upgraded this year then Addai may just may have a breakout year. I like to think he's our little secret. We don't want anyone to know how good he really could be with a decent OL. :D

I am liking the rest of your list, other than I think Javarris may have ruined his shot last year when he couldnt hold onto the ball. Sub Addai in at 1 and I like the rest.

1. Javarris James - i know people think i'm crazy, but i think he should be given the chance.

2. Delone Carter - see what the rookie can do.

3. Donald Brown - keep him one more year, still think he'll be a bust, but gives us some depth until next draft

4. Chad Spann - don't know much about him.

I don't want us to resign Addai, i think he has done a good job but i think once he gets a new contract, he'll be more injury plagued.

Are you suggesting Javarris James as our starting back next year? If so, then, yes, I think you're crazy. I would not be surprised if he gets cut due to the two rookies (Spann and Evans) being more talented than him, especially if we re-sign Addai.

I really don't understand what James did last year that has so many expecting so much from him. He just is not that good and he wasn't that good in college, either.

I think Darren Evans is a good addition to the RB depth chart I watch him from the sidelines in high school at Warren Central obviously high school is WAY different than the pro's but he was a pretty back at in college at Virgina Tech too.

Hidden

On June 9, 2011, James was arrested in Fort Myers, Florida for possession of marijuana. He was released a short time later after posting a $1,000 bond.

Yeah, the colts dont look highly on that kinda thing..probly wont help him w being thrust into the starting rb position.

Im thinking it will either be brown or carter

Brown is somewhat quick and CAN break initial contact

Carter..well carter ran a 4.5 and his arms look like oversized bowling balls so im guessin hes pretty tough..really lookin forward to seein running style in the pros..im bankin on carter

dont know about his blocking, is 6 ft & 220 power back, hasnt caught many balls as not thrown to so we dont know how will do that way

He's a solid pass blocker and will hopefully only get better. I think that's one of his biggest strengths.