Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne done for the season.

SilentHill

I expect the same.

But Reggie is irreplaceable.

What do we have that any team would really want that we would be willing to give up besides a 2nd or 3rd end pick which I really don't know we should do unless were getting something well worth it in return. I wonder if we should just give the guys in house a chance. Or grab a free agent.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

I agree that you can't place blame on Luck. He and Reggie were just trying to make a play.  This could happen to any player on any play.  We've just been extremely fortunate to have had Reggie as our receiver through many great years. God bless you, Reggie. I hope we see you back on the field next year. 

Yeah you can't blame Luck...it's not like he led him over the middle of the field and he got blasted by a safety.

Oh bother. Next man up. This will only help Mr Luck's development, working with lesser tools etc. On the throw, and while Andrew is very honourable, he was being swarmed by the Broncos D at the time and tried to make a play. It happens.

I also think Andrew needs to be a less 'Little House on the Praire' with his interviews. Sometimes just too perfect and too cheesy. But he's a great QB....

I agree that you can't place blame on Luck. He and Reggie were just trying to make a play.  This could happen to any player on any play.  We've just been extremely fortunate to have had Reggie as our receiver through many great years. God bless you, Reggie. I hope we see you back on the field next year. 

well stated, i hope this does not affect Luck, he was shaken and to the point of tears talking about it.  I feel for Reggie more than Luck but I feel for luck too because he has to live with this and that won't be easy.  Reggie's streak just went down the toilet for an under-thrown pass but it was not lucks fault that the stupid turf caught his cleat.  I just wish that Reggie wouldnt have tried to catch such an underthrown pass like that, that is suicide at his age., just let that one go.

Good grief, this is terrible news.  Not only will his play be irreplaceable, but his leadership as well.  As far as a replacement, I think we should go with what is in house.  We can't afford to lose more draft picks, we just need guys to get it together and bring up their game.  We can't afford to continue to drop passes and miss plays.  

Yea, i was trying to word that carefully.  Some of the national media i've been watching today are a bit indifferent as well.  They know he caused the injury to Wayne possibly ending his career, but yet they bite their tongue and are careful not to be too hard on him but know that it is reality, He was the cause of the ACL injury, bottom line.

Are we really going to place blame on anyone?  Seriously?

Merrill Hodge says this is completely and totally devastating for the Colts, and so did the other panelists.  Arent giving us a chance going forward.  Says the mental impact on luck (because it was his underthrown pass that caused the ACL tear), will be devastating as well.  They are basically saying our season is over but I say we still have a chance if we pick up a stud receiver in the next couple days.

It was a big blow to the team...but not giving us any chance going forward? Come on now. It definitely hurts us but to completely count out our team because of it is just being short-sighted.

And I very much doubt Luck truly believes that he was to blame for the injury. I think it was more an acknowledgment of the fact he threw a bad ball. He certainly isn't to blame for the injury. This is more media stir-up. It won't be devastating to Luck in the least as far as Luck's mental psyche. As far as Luck's passing game- yeah, it will have a negative impact. But Luck is not some fragile minded 5 year old girl who is going to be crushed the rest of the reason because of some fluke injury. He will be fine mentally. He just survived a media circus 100 times worse.

What do we have that any team would really want that we would be willing to give up besides a 2nd or 3rd end pick which I really don't know we should do unless were getting something well worth it in return. I wonder if we should just give the guys in house a chance. Or grab a free agent.

Unless the trade is a slam dunk in our favor I might agree with you.  Even if it will cost us the season, we might be better off saving our picks and trying to get someone in the draft or free agency after the season.  

If we trade away that 2nd round pick, draft day is going to be boring for Colt's fans.  

as sad as I am writing this I think this was the last time we've seen reggie wayne in a colts uniform. its hard enough for a 25 year old to comeback from a torn acl let alone a 35 year old especially since reggie's game is all about route running. reggie is not a fast guy, hes not a tall guy so this was the worst injury that could have happen to him. this is exactly what happen to marv. reggie is never gonna be the same player. 87 will always be in a hearts, but no longer on the field.

as sad as I am writing this I think this was the last time we've seen reggie wayne in a colts uniform. its hard enough for a 25 year old to comeback from a torn acl let alone a 35 year old especially since reggie's game is all about route running. reggie is not a fast guy, hes not a tall guy so this was the worst injury that could have happen to him. this is exactly what happen to marv. reggie is never gonna be the same player. 87 will always be in a hearts, but no longer on the field.

This injury isn't going to have the same effects on Reggie like it did Marvin. Marvin relied on speed and route running. Reggie just finds the holes.

He's coming back.

reggie knows how to get open. He doesn't need speed. A acl tear is harder on guys who rely on their speed to get open

Oh bother. Next man up. This will only help Mr Luck's development, working with lesser tools etc. On the throw, and while Andrew is very honourable, he was being swarmed by the Broncos D at the time and tried to make a play. It happens.

I also think Andrew needs to be a less 'Little House on the Praire' with his interviews. Sometimes just too perfect and too cheesy. But he's a great QB....

I think the "Little House on the Prairie" thing is over.  Did you see how pi**ed he was during the Tofoya interview after the game? 

I hope he rehabs and comes back next year

He still has a year left on his deal. I just can't get 2007 out of my mind, when Marvin hurt his knee and was never the same again. If we shut Reggie down and he spends the next few months rehabbing, he can get back on the field. And he's never been a receiver who relies on explosiveness and breakaway speed, so there's hope.

Welker's injury in 2010 was similar, but I think he tore his ACL and his MCL. He was back for the start of the next season. But he was younger, much younger, than Reggie is. 

reggie knows how to get open. He doesn't need speed. A acl tear is harder on guys who rely on their speed to get open

This injury isn't going to have the same effects on Reggie like it did Marvin. Marvin relied on speed and route running. Reggie just finds the holes.

He's coming back.

he still has to make cuts on his knee. how do you expect someone reggie's age to come back from this

I'm no doctor, but everything I know about Reggie says this isn't his last game. He's too tough. Mentally and physically.

He's coming back.

Word, brother.

It was a big blow to the team...but not giving us any chance going forward? Come on now. It definitely hurts us but to completely count out our team because of it is just being short-sighted.

And I very much doubt Luck truly believes that he was to blame for the injury. I think it was more an acknowledgment of the fact he threw a bad ball. He certainly isn't to blame for the injury. This is more media stir-up. It won't be devastating to Luck in the least as far as Luck's mental psyche. As far as Luck's passing game- yeah, it will have a negative impact. But Luck is not some fragile minded 5 year old girl who is going to be crushed the rest of the reason because of some fluke injury. He will be fine mentally. He just survived a media circus 100 times worse.

Best post of this thread.

Because it's not a death sentence. I'm not saying it would be easy, but if anyone could do it. It's him.

I understand its not the death sentence it use to be 20 years ago and if reggie was 25 I wouldnt make a big deal about it, but hes 35 and when he comes back he'll be 36. wrs have enough trouble playing at a high level at 36 without having to deal with an injury like reggie's

It's time for Grigson to earn his paycheck! 

Not only should he bring in at least one new receiver but...............also another OG and a TE.

Doing this early in the bye week will give the new guys more time to learn the playbook. 

They're getting minimal production reception wise from the TE position & they need a veteran 

presence at that position to help out the young guys there.

I understand its not the death sentence it use to be 20 years ago and if reggie was 25 I wouldnt make a big deal about it, but hes 35 and when he comes back he'll be 36. wrs have enough trouble playing at a high level at 36 without having to deal with an injury like reggie's

Reggie plays the position in such away, that age wasn't going to really change his game.

Have faith man lol.

This is 87 we're talking about.

Reggie plays the position in such away, that age wasn't going to really change his game.

Have faith man lol.

This is 87 we're talking about.

I wish I can be as optimistic as you, but all I can think about right now is how this did marv in