Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne done for the season.

SilentHill

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is confirmed now that sucks they better find somebody who can replace him.

you can't replace a legend.  luck under-threw him and caused the injury but you cannot put blame on Luck, he is only in his 2nd year and Wayne was wide open and I think he just kind of got weird in his arm and could not make a good throw.  you don't see it often when you are that wide open but it does happen and again, let's not put too much blame in Luck's corner.  I do believe that Grigson is now on the hot seat to get us a aerial assassin, because he don't have anyone with Reggie's size, mental and physical, experience, and leadership.  We are hurtin' for certain and Grigs needs to peel rubber and get blood out of a turnip, like NOW!

you can't replace a legend. luck under-threw him and caused the injury but you cannot put blame on Luck, he is only in his 2nd year and Wayne was wide open and I think he just kind of got weird in his arm and could not make a good throw. you don't see it often when you are that wide open but it does happen and again, let's not put too much blame in Luck's corner. I do believe that Grigson is now on the hot seat to get us a aerial assassin, because he don't have anyone with Reggie's size, mental and physical, experience, and leadership. We are hurtin' for certain and Grigs needs to peel rubber and get blood out of a turnip, like NOW!

Yeah Luck said he blamed himself and felt horrible, think his voice even cracked a bit. But let's not go blaming it on Luck. Reggie just planted his leg wrong. It sucks but unfortunately things happen.

you can't replace a legend. luck under-threw him and caused the injury but you cannot put blame on Luck, he is only in his 2nd year and Wayne was wide open and I think he just kind of got weird in his arm and could not make a good throw. you don't see it often when you are that wide open but it does happen and again, let's not put too much blame in Luck's corner. I do believe that Grigson is now on the hot seat to get us a aerial assassin, because he don't have anyone with Reggie's size, mental and physical, experience, and leadership. We are hurtin' for certain and Grigs needs to peel rubber and get blood out of a turnip, like NOW!

Reggie can't be replaced from a leadership stand point. Hopefully they can find someone to help though

Big blow and with Reggie's age there is no promise of a comeback but as hard as Reggie works I expect he will be back.

This hurts us clearly from a talent stand point but we also just lost the leader of the team IMO that hurts on a whole different level and is something that can derail a season.

terrible news. Reggie knew it was serious because he had tears running down his face while we was walking back to the dressing room. We just might have seen the last of RW. Unreal....hate to see a legend go out like that. 

Gordon from Cleveland has a lot of upside. PLEASE stay away from Britt. I think T.O. would be a better pick up then Britt. NO THANK U.

Nicks from the G-Men......Elite if he could stay healthy. We need something because there is NOT a #1 on this roster. 

Merrill Hodge says this is completely and totally devastating for the Colts, and so did the other panelists.  Arent giving us a chance going forward.  Says the mental impact on luck (because it was his underthrown pass that caused the ACL tear), will be devastating as well.  They are basically saying our season is over but I say we still have a chance if we pick up a stud receiver in the next couple days.

I was convinved that it was not serious when he walked off and they reported it was just a strain. I was wrong I guess.

Man, out of all the players you could lose, Reggie may be the one (with the exception of Luck) that you just cannot lose.

TY is going to have to step up.

A Monday MRI confirmed that Reggie Wayne sustained a torn ACL during Sunday night's win over the Broncos.

It's a crippling injury for the 5-2 Colts. Wayne, one of the most productive and durable receivers in NFL history, led them in catches (38), yards (503) and targets (58) through seven weeks. Barring a trade, they'll move forward with T.Y. Hilton and Darrius Heyward-Bey in two-wide sets and ask for bigger contributions out of talented second-year WR LaVon Brazill and TE Coby Fleener. Wayne will turn 35 next month and his $4 million base salary in 2014 is non-guaranteed. It's conceivable that the leader of the Colts has played his last NFL snap after 13 seasons.

Oct 21 - 11:49 AM

Pretty contradicting sentence right here. 

Yea, i was trying to word that carefully.  Some of the national media i've been watching today are a bit indifferent as well.  They know he caused the injury to Wayne possibly ending his career, but yet they bite their tongue and are careful not to be too hard on him but know that it is reality, He was the cause of the ACL injury, bottom line.

you can't replace a legend.  luck under-threw him and caused the injury but you cannot put blame on Luck, he is only in his 2nd year and Wayne was wide open and I think he just kind of got weird in his arm and could not make a good throw.  you don't see it often when you are that wide open but it does happen and again, let's not put too much blame in Luck's corner.  I do believe that Grigson is now on the hot seat to get us a aerial assassin, because he don't have anyone with Reggie's size, mental and physical, experience, and leadership.  We are hurtin' for certain and Grigs needs to peel rubber and get blood out of a turnip, like NOW!

Luck didn't cause the injury wayne would have caught that if his foot didn't get stuck in the turf that what caused it I don't blame luck or wayne just a tragic accident.

I hope Reggie has a complete and quick recovery. His injury was felt by the entire Colt Nation when he went down. No one is going to give us a chance with Reggie gone for the year. We, as fans, need to win this for Reggie...Just like last year, we needed to win for Coach...this year..we need to win this for Reggie...and show him how much we care...We drew strength from Coach's struggle with leukemia..we can draw strength from Reggie's injury.

We should start #REGGIESTRONG..and win this for him...for all that he's given to the Colts...now's our time to give back to him..

I agree that you can't place blame on Luck. He and Reggie were just trying to make a play.  This could happen to any player on any play.  We've just been extremely fortunate to have had Reggie as our receiver through many great years. God bless you, Reggie. I hope we see you back on the field next year.