Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Updated Mock Draft

1. DE Quinton Coples- Robert Mathis will be a free agent at the end of the season and will likely get a pretty big contract from somebody. Coples will provide a solid pass rush and good run blocking, which seems to be a quality that our DE's don't have both of.

2. S T.J McDonald- A very good athlete with good coverage skills and tackling, he also plays in the same system we have. We can't rely on Bullitt and need an immediate upgrade.

3. CB Micah Hyde- Plays good in coverage and has the size/speed that the colts love.

4. WR Kendall Wright- I have been really impressed with his hands and route running. He just seems to know how to get open plus his speed is a nice bonus too.

5. QB John Brantley- A good pocket passer that can distribute the ball well. He looked impressive in the games i watched and is a good developmental QB behind Manning. Oh yeah he has a real strong arm.

6. DT Josh Chapman- A quality NT that can stuff the run.

7.CB Jamell Fleming- We need all the Cb's we can get.

ok hold the phone....I was with you all the way down to Josh Chapman in the 6th round. lol He has recently dropped from a solid first round pick, to a 1st/2nd and now he's a solid 2nd but he'd have to have a horrible year to drop down to the 6th...if he has that bad a year then I'm not sure we'd want him but regardless, I really don't him dropping anywhere near that far down the boards. :)

Edited by Jason

ok hold the phone....I was with you all the way down to Josh Chapman in the 6th round. lol He has recently dropped from a solid first round pick, to a 1st/2nd and now he's a solid 2nd but he'd have to have a horrible year to drop down to the 6th...if he has that bad a year then I'm not sure we'd want him but regardless, I really don't him dropping anywhere near that far down the boards. :)

Hmm, i was thinking he was a 4th RD prospect but was hoping he might fall to the 6th. I'll watch him and look at scouting reports to see if i consider him a 2nd round prospect. From what i've seen out of him so far is a good run defender with no chance of disrupting the QB.

Jason, i do see your point how teams like the steelers or ravens will have him valued higher then most other teams. Since NT's are kinda hard to come by that could move him up to the 2nd. I'll switch my pick for somethin a little more realistic.

You could probably drop Brantley down, CBSSports.com has him ranked as the #365 overall prospect which puts him well into the UDFA area and nfldraftscout.com doesn't have a round listed for him, which is weird since he's a senior. Then you could put Jaye Howard, DT from Florida in the 5th round. Same school and he's my favorite of the later round DT's. :)

You could probably drop Brantley down, CBSSports.com has him ranked as the #365 overall prospect which puts him well into the UDFA area and nfldraftscout.com doesn't have a round listed for him, which is weird since he's a senior. Then you could put Jaye Howard, DT from Florida in the 5th round. Same school and he's my favorite of the later round DT's. :)

lol we posted Jaye Howard at the same time lol.

well is it good picks or not

If we don't trade down I like Jeffery in the first and Cliff Harris in the 3rd but I'm not a big fan yet of RG3. There are a lot more QB's in the same mold who have been unsuccessful in the NFL compared to how many have been successful. My biggest question so far about him is his underneath accuracy. He throws perhaps the most accurate deep ball I've ever seen but he's not going to get nearly as many chances at those kind of passes in the NFL. He's going to have to throw a lot more intermediate and short passes on timing routes and a lot of the throws I see him make like that are not very accurate...he tends to throw high. The receivers still generally make the catch by making a good adjustment to the ball and it's helped by the fact that they're usually wide open. In the NFL though he's going to really have to improve that or he's going to get receivers hurt or those passes will turn into interceptions. Just my take on him from what I've seen so far. :)

I won't drop Brantley down, it's to bad he got injured but i really like his skill set and i think he's still worth drafting!!

Just to make sure you didn't misunderstand...I didn't mean to drop him off your mock draft, but based on where he's currently projected (which of course can and likely will change) then you could put him as your 6th round pick instead of the 5th. :)