Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No 23 Vontae Davis is a pro bowler (merge)

BronxColtNYC

Vontae is a legit top 5 corner in this league. He proved it tonight.

I was holding off on any predictions like that.  But honestly, he has been solid all year, and after holding down DT (and Welker some) to 2 catches for 4 yards and was targeted 8 times, yeah...shutdown corner and I have no problems putting him in the top 5 at this point.   Dude beasted the best QB-WRs combo in the game right now

Guest TeamLoloJones

Davis needs to get locked long term like now...

If he gets a new contract during the bye week, I will be a happy man.  Problem is, after tonight, he's getting BIG MONEY.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I was holding off on any predictions like that.  But honestly, he has been solid all year, and after holding down DT (and Welker some) to 2 catches for 4 yards and was targeted 8 times, yeah...shutdown corner and I have no problems putting him in the top 5 at this point.   Dude beasted the best QB-WRs combo in the game right now

He went off the field for one play and Peyton throws that TD to Thomas.  That right there should tell you how good Vontae was tonight.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think he meant to say he prepared LIKE HE did for Tom Brady, as in when he was with MIA. Either way after his play tonight he coulda said sparkles boston cream pie spider y banana for all I cared.

I could be wrong but when I heard Vontae say that, I thought he meant when they prepared for Brady last year. I'll have to re-listen to the interview.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Idk?   I think Ballard has a lot more control on how this is disseminated than you are giving him. I'm sure he has final approval, this isn't like the in season NFL hard knock thing.(Which we still controlled what was put out there) This is a team made draft video to get fans hyped.     It did the job for me     I do agree that, that was just a random comment about a guy(being there at #15) they were actually generally talking about in natural conversations and the sound bite was used there. I don't think it was just a comment made to place at the end intentionally. Whether that guy might be there, or is someone who should no doubt be there is the question, and what should we take from it ending that way    And it might not of even been his idea to put that at the end, but when presented how to end it, agreed this is the best way to get the fans talking about it.     Either way it was a great cliff hanger. Like I said it brought about some conversation, so I think it did it's part.
    • I watched the semi final game between Washington and Texas last night and Odunze and Polk just destroyed Texas. Penix had around 400 yards. 
    • I’ll have to search for Hicks’ break-down.  I hadn’t seen much tape of Bowers until a couple of weeks ago when I watched a highlight reel, and that was very impressive.  I’m just nervous about how hard it seems to be to predict TE success…
    • I was thinking a bit about what Ballard said in that clip from "Behind the Colts", about "he's not going to get much bigger". No idea if he was talking about Worthy... but if he is... he's right. Whether Worthy ends up playing at 165 or 176... this is still extremely small and light. Whether he's in the 1st percentile or 5th percentile of athlete's in weight in the league, this doesn't change the type of player and type of worries you would have about him with any significance. So... in a way, I kind of find that conversation a bit pointless. IMO the question should be - okay. he is small... and he will always be small. Can we work with that? And can we live with the risk of injury for that small of a player? And the answer can be no here... I'm not saying we necessarily need to take that risk. 
    • You think the Ed Dodds you see in edited clips here is the same as the Ed Dodds who interviews with teams?   I don’t know you or anyone would think that?      He’s very much respected around the NFL which is why multiple teams ask to interview with them most every year. 
  • Members