Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Fisher As A Possible Coach Next Year? (Merge)

Restored

I'd take anyone over Caldwell as coach.

I'd like Gruden as my first option. Fisher would be nice as well. Heck, if they gave the job to Jim Tressel (I can't believe we only brought him in for replay assistance I think he might be part of the bigger plan) I'd like that as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think a change will happen. Especially not during the season, we can only hope Irsay gets rid of him at the end of the season.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will all be up to what Irsay wants. If he sees a decline in season ticket holder renewals or endorsements, and if it hurts the bottomline, whether we are 2-14 or 1-15 or 0-16, Irsay will initiate the move, IMO. It is after all a business :).

But if they do replace Caldwell and his coaches, I hope they retain the coaches on the offensive side. I also do hope it is not Fisher exclusively, they should explore other coaches like Ravens' DC Chuck Pagano, Jon Gruden etc. and go through due process like the Steelers did with Tomlin to find the right fit for the organization.

I prey they fire Coyer and Caldwell, but in reality I don't think they will smh. I agree with your notion, we need a defensive minded coach like a Chuck Pagano

If they don't fire Caldwell this season, then we're stuck with him for the rest of Manning's career. Obviously Manning is going to bring the team back into contention, and then all of a sudden Caldwell has reason to smile again (or stay neutral).

Edited by ReMeDy

I'd take anyone over Caldwell as coach.

I'd like Gruden as my first option. Fisher would be nice as well. Heck, if they gave the job to Jim Tressel (I can't believe we only brought him in for replay assistance I think he might be part of the bigger plan) I'd like that as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think a change will happen. Especially not during the season, we can only hope Irsay gets rid of him at the end of the season.

Oh I do... This next couple of games Caldwell will be coaching for his job. And as an OSU man, I would really like to see how the sweater vest would do with Pro Football Players "on a short term trial" ... I would really like to see it.

Tressel is a winner.

That said... J Fish is my first choice to fix this.

Edited by John Dee

If they don't fire Caldwell this season, then we're stuck with him for the rest of Manning's career. Obviously Manning is going to bring the team back into contention, and then all of a sudden Caldwell has reason to smile again (or stay neutral).

My personal opinion. Peyton has played his last game. Collinsworth eluded to it last night, Dakich has heard whispers, and JMV has laid groundwork also for the "ultimate kick in the nuts this season"... And JMV is in the "know"

Think about it ... 3 neck surgeries for an NFL QB ... I am seriously prepared to hear the worst news any Colt fan could ever hear.

Dude came within a yard of beating the greatest show on turf with Steve Mcnair........would love to see what he could do with our defense, move it away from tampa 2, and utilize Peyton as his ace.

That was 12 years ago, and in the years after, they did NOTHING. He gets heralded as a great defensive coach, and his defenses weren't even that good, overall. As was mentioned, he had two really good coordinators that made things happen, and without them, nothing. Jeff Fisher is an okay coach. We could do a lot better, even just in the retreads that always get brought up. Give me Brian Billick waaaay before you give me Jeff Fisher. I think the infatuation with Fisher stems from him showing so much respect to Manning and the Colts. But that doesn't mean he'd be a good coach for this team. No thank you.

I like someone else's idea of Chuck Pagano (Ravens DC), and there are several other NFL assistants that should be on the short list. Joe Philbin (Packers OC), Perry Fewell (Giants DC), and so on.