Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Fisher As A Possible Coach Next Year? (Merge)

Restored

One bad year? If we end up at 0-9 which is entirely possible based on the schedule and how poorly this team has played, there isn't a coach in this league that would keep his job unless he coached the Lions, especially in this market. Last year Manning covered up again for all the injuries and this year when he hasn't been around, its been exposed how bad this team is without him. Caldwell is also under questioning for if he actually decides who plays. I realize our franchise is heavily dependent on the QB but geez we should be able to put together a couple of wins against teams we clearly are more talented than. How can you say that? As of 2008 he lead them to the top record in the AFC with Kerry Collins at QB.

z

I agree, this team is pathetic, this is not a profesional team we are watching. This is a joke of a team and the people responsible arnt on the field playing. Irsay should fire everybody and get new blood . Then we hope in 5 years we have a team. Manning will never get close to a SB with this team. I feel sorry for him. Im sure hes questioning retireing soon. I bet he plays 2 years and thats it, or he wants to go somewhere else. He deserves better than what Irsay has given him.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Caldwell is not getting fired after 1 bad year missing his franchise QB. The Colts don't change coaches unless they have 2 or 3 straight bad seasons. This would be Caldwell's first, and like i said he's missing the QB. Jeff Fisher is a good guy, but he should have done more with that franchise in the later years of his coaching stint. Good guy, okay coach... like Andy Reid, don't want him.

Since the tanking year before last at 14-0, the Colts are now 12-16 under Caldwell, with and without Manning....This includes playoff games, but not preseason games.

Since the tanking year before last at 14-0, the Colts are now 12-16 under Caldwell, with and without Manning....This includes playoff games, but not preseason games.

That was just a horrible decision,tanking,I will never get what in the world they thought the fans were going to say about that.Of course,Polian is so arrogant he don't care.

Those non blowing the doors off the AFC South teams gave the Colts a tough time more times than not. If he had a top notch quarterback, then those teams would have been even more dangerous. Steve Mcnair, RIP, certainly wasn't on Manning's level even if the media mistakenly gave him a share of a MVP award. Look what he did with Collins and Gump at quarterback. He would be a huge upgrade over Caldwell, and so would Rex Ryan for that matter. To me it's not about the fire as much as it is the coaching, and I have yet to see Caldwell on the bench(not sideline), but on the bench with a marker & board coaching the offense up during a game. You see it weekly with Belichick, Ryan, Fisher and others. They coach. Caldwell seems to be more of a CEO, that just sits back and watches as opposed to being a key player involved in the process. It doesn't matter to me if the coach is low key and passive, or high key and a in your face type as long as he's coaching.

Some guy named Bill seemed to survive the loss of his franchise QB. Of course the Colts revolve around Manning far more than the Patriots did around Brady. That paired with an elite coach and a better schemes will allow a team not to fully implode when they lose their starting quarterback. Pittsburgh last year during Roethlisberer's suspension is another example of a team/coach being able to overcome the loss of a franchise quarterback. He has a winning record due to the car he's driving, not because he's a good driver. He's only asked not to wreck it but he has two years in a row, and unfortunately the car didn't start this year.

Ppl are really under estimating GOOD players on a team, and i stress good players... the colts dont have alot of that.. you can blame scheme and coaches all you want but if you dont have the players then it makes no sense at all.

Ppl are really under estimating GOOD players on a team, and i stress good players... the colts dont have alot of that.. you can blame scheme and coaches all you want but if you dont have the players then it makes no sense at all.

That might be all well in fine, but I still say we are 5-1 or 6-0 with Manning and the horrible Coaching staff. That doesn't mean that they should stay in place. Manning is the most valuable player in the game, but should be the difference in a 10 to 12 game swing at this point?

Jim Caldwell is not getting fired after 1 bad year missing his franchise QB. The Colts don't change coaches unless they have 2 or 3 straight bad seasons. This would be Caldwell's first, and like i said he's missing the QB. Jeff Fisher is a good guy, but he should have done more with that franchise in the later years of his coaching stint. Good guy, okay coach... like Andy Reid, don't want him.

Are you kidding me? He misses his QB and that gives him the excuse of not winning a game? Wow! Caldwell is NOTHING without Manning. You cannot tell me that we would be 0-6 with a competent coach. How many pro-bowlers do we have on this team? Caldwell is nothing but a empty suit. You should have added one more name to your "good guy" analogy....Jim Caldwell!

That might be all well in fine, but I still say we are 5-1 or 6-0 with Manning and the horrible Coaching staff. That doesn't mean that they should stay in place. Manning is the most valuable player in the game, but should be the difference in a 10 to 12 game swing at this point?

Right now the colts should be looking to clean up their closet, because right now they know what needs to be fixed.

I honestly wouldn't mind having Jeff Fisher as the next head coach. I have never been a big fan of Caldwell. I just don't think he has the "it" factor that a good NFL head coach needs. He often looks stone faced and sometimes unconscious on the sidelines, and I just cannot stand that. I know it's his personal style and the players are fine with it, but please Polian give me a coach who looks passionate on the sidelines and at least it looks like he is trying his best to win the game out there.

Take your pick - they're all better at coaching than Caldwell:

Tony Dungy, Mike Ditka, John Madden, Andy Reid, John Gruden, Jim Schwartz, Lovie Smith, Jim Tressel, Jim Harbaugh, Jim Zorn, Mike Shanahan, Sean Payton, Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan, Marvin Louis, Jeff Fisher, Wade Phillips, Bobby Knight, Peyton Manning, Al Pacino...

Basically, I do not want anyone with the first name of "Jim" and the last name of "Caldwell."

Edited by ReMeDy

Fisher, really? Why? He's has a 142-120 record as a head coach, 5-6 in the playoffs, 6 playoff appearances in 16 years. Wow. Lets get him! There's a reason he's setting on his couch this season. Mr. mediocrity. He might be better than Caldwell, but that's not saying much.

Fisher, really? Why? He's has a 142-120 record as a head coach, 5-6 in the playoffs, 6 playoff appearances in 16 years. Wow. Lets get him! There's a reason he's setting on his couch this season. Mr. mediocrity. He might be better than Caldwell, but that's not saying much.

Yes there may be some truth to that, but he has always had a good defensive scheme and special teams. In my

opinion he is a good coach and would be interesting to see what he could do with a good offense like ours. I would prefer Cowher though.

Edited by LUVTHESHOE

If you ever watch a Fisher interview he is very intense, I want to see that anyday over the "I cant believe I am actually the head coach of a NFL team" look we get from Caldwell. A head coach should be a reflection of his team, we needed someone like Dungy then that would keep us cool under any pressure. We dont need that anymore.

Yes there may be some truth to that, but he has always had a good defensive scheme and special teams. In my

opinion he is a good coach and would be interesting to see what he could do with a good offense like ours. I would prefer Cowher though.

Add to it the fact that he's never had a quarterback that is anywhere near the level of Peyton Manning. Steve Mcair was a decent quarterback but he wasn't on Manning's level even if the ignorant media did give him a share of an NFL MVP with Manning. Collins and Gump took Fisher teams to the playoffs. I'd be happy with either and those critical of Fisher's record, bad coaches don't stay in one place or in the NFL for that matter for 16 years.

Well, then I guess we could also throw some names in like Marty Schottenheimer, Brian Billick, Herm Edwards. Schottenheimer did bring the Chargers out of the dumps in the AFC west and could take alot of credit for the bolts being where they are at today.

Well, then I guess we could also throw some names in like Marty Schottenheimer, Brian Billick, Herm Edwards. Schottenheimer did bring the Chargers out of the dumps in the AFC west and could take alot of credit for the bolts being where they are at today.

Brian Billick has been #1 on my wish list for a long time :) Oh and I would give a very big "NO thank you" to Herm Edwards.

Edited by Jason

Brian Billick has been #1 on my wish list for a long time :) Oh and I would give a very big "NO thank you" to Herm Edwards.

All would be huge upgrades to Caldwell.

If you ever watch a Fisher interview he is very intense, I want to see that anyday over the "I cant believe I am actually the head coach of a NFL team" look we get from Caldwell. A head coach should be a reflection of his team, we needed someone like Dungy then that would keep us cool under any pressure. We dont need that anymore.

i dont know if you can give fisher the credit for the titans good defenses. they were good with greg williams and jim schwartz. after those guys left, then the titans defeneses were soft.

I want him and the main reason is his defensive expertise and his energy and fire.

Dude came within a yard of beating the greatest show on turf with Steve Mcnair........would love to see what he could do with our defense, move it away from tampa 2, and utilize Peyton as his ace.

I know, right. Let's discuss a fresh topic for once. There is a kid at Stanford named Andrew something. Anyone heard of him?

Nice avatar......maybe we should discuss your inability to properly format profile pics instead.

Edited by Xfiles

Dear Santa, I have been very good this year. My only Christmas wish is to have a real coach. Please put Jeff Fisher under my tree this year so he can be the next Colts head coach. Thank you. I would love to have Jeff Fisher has head coach. He can get the players fired up.

Edited by DwightFreeneyRules

Is he the list for Indy's next HC?

He had some very good season with Titans...and also some very bad 2.

Anybody else???

Does Indy's HQ have any list for new HC at all???

I don't think Dungy will return, however it would be a solution.

Right now, it appears that there is a list with one name on it, Jim Caldwell. Seriously, I have heard nothing to indicate that Caldwell will not be back next year. But, it doesn't hurt to keep on wishing.

I don't like the idea of bringing Dungy back. I love Tony Dungy and respect him a great deal. But his defense is outdated, and he has publicly said that he would be open to trading Manning. He may not have meant that, but I wouldn't want to take the risk. The Colts need a coach that will reinvigorate the team with energy and a new direction defensively. Dungy doesn't give us that.

Right now, it appears that there is a list with one name on it, Jim Caldwell. Seriously, I have heard nothing to indicate that Caldwell will not be back next year. But, it doesn't hurt to keep on wishing.

I don't like the idea of bringing Dungy back. I love Tony Dungy and respect him a great deal. But his defense is outdated, and he has publicly said that he would be open to trading Manning. He may not have meant that, but I wouldn't want to take the risk. The Colts need a coach that will reinvigorate the team with energy and a new direction defensively. Dungy doesn't give us that.

If it doesn't hurt keep wishing may I wish a new HC, new defensive coordinator and a new special team coordinator?

I was on your side. Maybe we should discuss your inability to comprehend sarcasm.

I know, I tried to edit after I realized you were being sarcastic(i am bad at picking that up though) and something wierd was going on with my explorer. Wouldnt let me. Sorry.

I know, I tried to edit after I realized you were being sarcastic(i am bad at picking that up though) and something wierd was going on with my explorer. Wouldnt let me. Sorry.

Chances are there wasn't anything wrong with your explorer. One of the new rules/features since the forums were upgraded is that once a post has been replied to it can't be edited or deleted. So once you submit a post, you have the option to edit it only until someone else posts after you. Once someone posts after you, the edit button is no longer there. If you are in the process of editing a post and someone else posts before you're able to save the edit, you'll get a message saying you are not authorized to edit the post or something like that...it's only happened to me once so far so I can't remember the exact wording of the prompt. :)