Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Predictions (Broncos)

danlhart87

Hoping to see him get touches off of passes more than we've seen. Let's just forget about that goofy drop he had. 

trich-catch.gif

More of this please. Get him the ball in open space more often and we'll see plays like this more often. I have no predictions beyond saying we'll continue to see increased productivity, as we've seen week to week. Kid has had 3 offensive systems in 22 games. That's a new system for a very young player approx every 7 games. 

Hoping to see him get touches off of passes more than we've seen. Let's just forget about that goofy drop he had. 

trich-catch.gif

More of this please. Get him the ball in open space more often and we'll see plays like this more often. I have no predictions beyond saying we'll continue to see increased productivity, as we've seen week to week. Kid has had 3 offensive systems in 22 games. That's a new system for a very young player approx every 7 games. 

that play was the best thing that happened all night aside from the flea flicker and Reggies 1K catch.

8 carries 32 yards 1 TD

1 catch 13 yards

we won't run the ball much because will be behind, it'll be a high scoring game.

I agree, but I think he gets more involved in the passing game with some screens.

10 carries for 40 yards.

4 catches for 60 yards and a TD.

~100 yards of offense, mostly as a receiver.

I am hoping we use T-Rich as a checkdown receiver and on 3rd and 2 or shorter, goal line, etc.  I am sick of seeing us line up in our power set on 1st and 10 on the 20 yard line and gaining 2 yards.  Its like lining up in our goal line formation!! 

Short passes to get to 3rd and manageable and let T-Rich do what he does.

I dont care about YPC as long as we are running it effectively.

We have a winner (actual 14 carries 37 yds)

Well he came closest without going over. He wins the showcase. 

I'm not giving up on Trent, he has extreme potential. Look how long it took for Brown to pick up his NFL game. BUT....but I shutter to think of how we would've run done Denver's throat with the killer B's (Bradshaw, Ballard and Brown). 

I noticed Donald was getting most of the carries tonight.  The Colts might already be losing faith in Richardson, fumbling twice isn't going to help his cause either.  With that said he's a power back and sometimes for those guys it takes a while to get the final pay off, it Lynch a new team and like three to four years to become a monster. 

I will say this the Broncos are a hard team to run on period.  So I wouldn't completely over react to tonight's game but I do think it's fair to be a little bit concerned based on what we have seen out of Richardson so far. 

I hope that they just cut him. I don't want our pain prolonged. I can't beleive that they brought him in in the first place.

who is going to ply running back if they did besides Brown? They aren't going to cut a guy they traded a first for after four games. Fans should stay patient rather than always demanding instant production. Last year fans wanted us to give up on Fleener, where would be at tightend without him right now.

who is going to ply running back if they besides Brown? They aren't going to cut a guy they traded a first for after four games. Fans should stay patient rather than always demanding instant production. Last year fans wanted us to give up on Fleener, where would be at tightend without him right now.

^ this

It's so true ppl give up so fast T Rich is fine ppl need too cool it I remember when we traded for Vontae everyone was like oh no big deal its not that big a trade and boon turns out it was a HUGE trade cause we now have a stud shut down CB

I'm not even concerned about production at this point, I just hope holds on to the darn ball.

He's good in pass protection, so he is good for something.

He's only had 4 fumbles in his career. Tonight was the first one he lost. Almost 100 carries per fumble. Not terrible at all. 

In contrast, he's had an average of 1 new offensive system per 7.5 games played. He needs COACHED. As in, don't keep yourself upright when there are no more yards to be gained, just because he can. Even after his fumble, I saw him do that again. Trying to stand up and keep chuggin' despite the fact that his progress was stopped.

He's only had 4 fumbles in his career. Tonight was the first one he lost. Almost 100 carries per fumble. Not terrible at all.

In contrast, he's had an average of 1 new offensive system per 7.5 games played. He needs COACHED. As in, don't keep yourself upright when there are no more yards to be gained, just because he can. Even after his fumble, I saw him do that again. Trying to stand up and keep chuggin' despite the fact that his progress was stopped.

Save your breath the Trent haters were out tonight

who is going to ply running back if they did besides Brown? They aren't going to cut a guy they traded a first for after four games. Fans should stay patient rather than always demanding instant production. Last year fans wanted us to give up on Fleener, where would be at tightend without him right now.

Fleenor does not justify his draft order.  We should be looking for someone better.  Richardson is a practice squad level player and the Colts gave up a first round pick for him after watching a full year of NLF tape on him.  He isn't going to get any better.  Maybe they won't cut him because they invested in him, but that doesn't make him less of a flop. 

Fleenor does not justify his draft order. We should be looking for someone better. Richardson is a practice squad level player and the Colts gave up a first round pick for him after watching a full year of NLF tape on him. He isn't going to get any better. Maybe they won't cut him because they invested in him, but that doesn't make him less of a flop.

You have issues bud. Lack if football is one of them.

Stop name calling and prove me wrong.   Oh wait! You can't.....   Accusations and name calling are signs of lacking football knowledge.  Sensable people see right through your act.

When has Richardson ever been on a practice squad? Who needs evidence to refute that silliness? Your post is 100% data free.

5-2, with takedowns of the niners, hawks, and broncos and still people whine. Smh

Has this forum been invaded by super secret browns fans?

Stop name calling and prove me wrong. Oh wait! You can't..... Accusations and name calling are signs of lacking football knowledge. Sensable people see right through your act.

The boy who cried wolf? Mommy he called me a name! Oh but wait, no I didn't.

I saw many of these EXACT same comments last year about Vontae Davis... It takes different players different amounts of time to get acclimated with a new team. I'm hoping that T Rich gets himself going after the bye; however, it very well may take him a full offseason with us to see what he can do next year. Have faith and be patient. He will round into form. He's too talented not to.

Fleenor does not justify his draft order. We should be looking for someone better. Richardson is a practice squad level player and the Colts gave up a first round pick for him after watching a full year of NLF tape on him. He isn't going to get any better. Maybe they won't cut him because they invested in him, but that doesn't make him less of a flop.

You fail to see that Fleener made some good plays last night, but one thing about Richardson is that he is still 22 years old. The minute our o-line starts making plays his numbers will go up. McGlynn did a lot better at center than Satele did... and they are in a constant state of flux aside from Castonzo.

goodluck/badluck

Fantasy football has deteriorated the fans perspective from "wait and see" to "plug 'n play" in the NFL.

Fleenor does not justify his draft order.  We should be looking for someone better.  Richardson is a practice squad level player and the Colts gave up a first round pick for him after watching a full year of NLF tape on him.  He isn't going to get any better.  Maybe they won't cut him because they invested in him, but that doesn't make him less of a flop. 

i agree with this except the practice squad part. terrible trade.

You fail to see that Fleener made some good plays last night, but one thing about Richardson is that he is still 22 years old. The minute our o-line starts making plays his numbers will go up. McGlynn did a lot better at center than Satele did... and they are in a constant state of flux aside from Castonzo.

goodluck/badluck

fleener has been very average so far. richardson just doesn't have the instinct to hit the correct hole. that's not a learned skill for a rb. cherilus has been there all year, there are no more line injuries than most teams in the nfl. everyone has injuries. excuses, excuses, excuses!!!