Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok enough of the Fullback!

lollygagger8

I'm sure Havili is a great person, but come on. We don't need a fullback. Period. 

1) Richardson gets a stacked box everytime the FB is in the game. When a FB is not in, the D respects the pass, and opens up running lanes. Duh. 

2) You take one of our play makers out every time he's in the game. 

3) It's not like Havili is an explosive player. That 3rd and 19 or whatever when we threw a 6 yard pass to him left me screaming. He's the slowest person on the field, so why are you throwing 10+ yards behind where you need a first down!??! It's not like his speed is going to get the yards. 

4) When we beat Seattle, Havili was out. We were bombing away, and we scored huge because our play makers were in. In contrast, we only scored 9 points on one of the worst defenses in the league last night. Our thick headed commitment to the run last night was waaaayyy too predictable. 

tumblr_m89ekkvEgO1qf9jd4o5_250.gif / off 

Absolutely 100% agree, it's taking years off my life watching this playcalling and offensive philosophy...I thought they would learn from the 2nd half of the Seattle game how our offense should be run, but they went back to the exact same predictable moronic nonsense again this game...I want to run the ball too, but we run much better in 3-wide sets, if I see another 6-o-linemen 1 fb set i'm gonna vomit....

Frustrating. Let Luck loose. Let him run the no huddle. Give him more 3 and 4 reciever sets. Let him air of it out.

Luck isn't a scheme qb. He makes plays pure and simple. We have the weapons too, Reggie, TY, Trent. Heck, I think Fleener would produce if we give Luck more to play with. When Allen comes back our O could ve something else!

Would you still have posted this, had we won yesterday?

On another note, I do agree.

100000% YES SIR. 

I'm having a hard time understanding why all of us who watch the game can tell when we are running, the opposing defense can tell when we are running, the announcers in the booth can tell when we are running and the only people who think they are sly are our coaches. 

I was at the Seattle game. Every time we ran the "power formation" they would bring in these huge guys and sub them in, and crush our attempts. It's not rocket science. 

Better be careful what you say people the mods will lock your thread if you criticize coaching too much or defend your points...Ridiculous! I can understand if it gets too vulgar or whatever, but if you even argue with someone and they agree with the other person your thread gets locked..Whatever you do never criticize the Texans either because your thread will be locked for that...I don't understand this place sometimes...Lock real fans threads but let trolls and opposing teams fans have free reign over this site...

But the FB is part of Pep's system...so he continues to use a FB. Pep does not seem like the kind of guy who adapts well.

Pep's system and playcalling is like the old adage...doing the same thing in the same way over and over and expecting different results (one of the definitions of insanity)

Now, Arians was the exact opposite...he got to know his personnel and put them in the best position to be successful.

But Pep is a 'system' guy.