Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I am shocked..

Rebelknight

I think one thing that a lot of people tend to overlook is DHB's blocking ability. In my opinion, he's our best blocking WR...and that is huge in our type of offense (plus, as the old saying goes, "If you want the rock, you gotta block"). Hakeem Nicks, on the other hand, would probably be a downgrade in terms of blocking ability. When you watch Nicks, for example, you rarely see him block in the open field...I'm not sure if he's just lazy or is poor technically. Furthermore, Nicks will probably want that big contract next year, so that isn't good for us. Anyways, this trade wouldn't make sense to me. It wouldn't drastically improve our team, regardless of your perspective, so why do it? Plus, why would you want to trade away one of our positions that we lack depth in and try to obtain a WR where we are relatively "healthy" in?

:agree:

DHBs problem is he very rarely makes a catch with his hands away from his body and seemingly never over his head, he is a body catcher, and he is one of the worst deep ball receivers I have witnessed. His ability to make that tough catch in coverage is very low. TY Hilton who is 5 inches smaller and like 50 lbs lighter than DHB is a millions times better at catching passes in traffic and deep down field.

Honestly, ask yourself how confident you are in DHB to make that tough catch or a deep bomb?

Don't get me wrong I like DHB but he is what he is, a solid, tough yac WR who can't be trusted to make the tough catch and gets little separation in his routes, despite all his speed.

He's given me no reason to argue with you. But how many opportunities has he had to be the deep threat? Last week he was open for a TD but Reggie snared the ball.

Has anyone ever said who ran the wrong route on that play?

He's given me no reason to argue with you. But how many opportunities has he had to be the deep threat? Last week he was open for a TD but Reggie snared the ball.

I can't remember all the specifics of the play, but maybe they were trying to split a safety and were just in the same vicinity.

if you watch the replay, reggie points to him self like it was his bad.

Right, we haven't given him many deep route opportunities but I was also referring to his play in Oakland he always struggled with the deep pass there as well.

I'm pretty sure Reggie ran the wrong route, he should have done more of a seam route rather than fading to the sideline as he did, DHB was down the sideline on a clear go route. Also, iirc, after the play Reggie taps himself as to say "my bad".

Peyton Hillis had one good year and that landed him a spot on the Madden cover. Now what is he doing?

And as most of this forum knows, I really didn't care for the DHB signing. But obviously I'd take DHB over Nicks. You can teach a person to catch & run better routes. But you can't teach a person to stay healthy. So yes, I'd take DHB over Nicks even though I really don't care for either. Although I'm warming up to DHB just a bit

Hillis is playing Madden now... maybe even the one he is on the cover of while trying to relive the glory days. I still play Madden 2011.

Let me ask y'all something. If Donald Brown goes, who takes his place? Or did you all forget that we're a power run team and we have 2 RB's on IR. And then why would we grab Nicks when

1. He's garbage

2. We BARELY run multiple WR sets.

3. He's always injured

4. Always injured

5. HE SUCKS!!!!

So basically you only have 2 points and one is completely false. I agree we shouldn't trade for him because he's injury prone but I never said I wanted Donald Brown as an option. I don't think they'd take the trade anyway.