Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I am shocked..

Rebelknight

With news that Hakeem Nicks can be held for a low round  pick ans that Kenny Britt can be held for something like a 5th round I am shocked there hasn't been a mass postings about it.

For what its worth I don't want either. Unless we are talking D.Brown to the giants for Nicks which would be ok I guess. D.Brwon wont be back next year. We would have Nicks for a year on a tryout basis. DHB is not is the answer. As far as another RB to replace DB we could get someone cheap.

With news that Hakeem Nicks can be held for a low round  pick ans that Kenny Britt can be held for something like a 5th round I am shocked there hasn't been a mass postings about it.

For what its worth I don't want either. Unless we are talking D.Brown to the giants for Nicks which would be ok I guess. D.Brwon wont be back next year. We would have Nicks for a year on a tryout basis. DHB is not is the answer. As far as another RB to replace DB we could get someone cheap.

Yeah, on paper Brown for Nicks would be a mutually beneficial deal - for this year.  Chances are very good that neither will be with the same teams next year. 

The problem with Nicks is that he's going to want to get paid next year.  We'd be better off getting a draft pick who would be cheap for three years.

The other problem I have with the trade is how we would use Nicks.  IMO we're not getting the most out of DHB.  If Nicks is used in the same way, it's not an upgrade.

Yeah, on paper Brown for Nicks would be a mutually beneficial deal - for this year.  Chances are very good that neither will be with the same teams next year. 

The problem with Nicks is that he's going to want to get paid next year.  We'd be better off getting a draft pick who would be cheap for three years.

The other problem I have with the trade is how we would use Nicks.  IMO we're not getting the most out of DHB.  If Nicks is used in the same way, it's not an upgrade.

DHB ( which now I am sure stands for Deem Handsof Brick ) has had some drops. Nicks has at least produced on the field. More so than DHB.

Nicks would be nice to get but it would cost at least our 2nd rounder and then some probably, Britt I dont think I'd want him. dont know if the team could count on him on and off the field, he has shown in Tennessee that he cant be

If we could get it done for a mid pick that'd be cool. I am worried about injuries after signing him next year though.

I'd love to see Nicks here. Big upgrade from DHB. He, Reggie and TY would be a match up nightmare.

With news that Hakeem Nicks can be held for a low round pick ans that Kenny Britt can be held for something like a 5th round I am shocked there hasn't been a mass postings about it.

Let me ask y'all something. If Donald Brown goes, who takes his place? Or did you all forget that we're a power run team and we have 2 RB's on IR. And then why would we grab Nicks when

1. He's garbage

2. We BARELY run multiple WR sets.

3. He's always injured

4. Always injured

5. HE SUCKS!!!!

Let me ask y'all something. If Donald Brown goes, who takes his place? Or did you all forget that we're a power run team and we have 2 RB's on IR. And then why would we grab Nicks when

1. He's garbage

3. He's always injured

4. Always injured

5. HE SUCKS!!!!

In what world does Hakeem Nicks suck? It must be the same world (Tknights mind) in which Andre Johnson sucks.

1. He's garbage

3. He's always injured

4. Always injured

5. HE SUCKS!!!!

Throwing a name out there Peyton Hillis..Cheap..Is DHB better than Nicks in your opinion?

In what world does Hakeem Nicks suck? It must be the same world (Tknights mind) in which Andre Johnson sucks.

The same world/mind who knows how this forum is. If (doubt we do) Grigson grabs him. That now turns this forum into a warzone. Nicks is ALWAYS injured. If people are bashing a rookie (Werner) for being injured, what makes you think they won't bash Nicks? I don't see the hype behind him. If you can't stay healthy, your skill means nothing. Why would we want an injury prone wide receiver?

The same world/mind who knows how this forum is. If (doubt we do) Grigson grabs him. That now turns this forum into a warzone. Nicks is ALWAYS injured. If people are bashing a rookie (Werner) for being injured, what makes you think they won't bash Nicks? I don't see the hype behind him. If you can't stay healthy, your skill means nothing. Why would we want an injury prone wide receiver?

You wrote he sucked, which he clearly doesn't. Explain that.

Throwing a name out there Peyton Hillis..Cheap..Is DHB better than Nicks in your opinion?

Peyton Hillis had one good year and that landed him a spot on the Madden cover. Now what is he doing?

And as most of this forum knows, I really didn't care for the DHB signing. But obviously I'd take DHB over Nicks. You can teach a person to catch & run better routes. But you can't teach a person to stay healthy. So yes, I'd take DHB over Nicks even though I really don't care for either. Although I'm warming up to DHB just a bit

You wrote he sucked, which he clearly doesn't. Explain that.

As Jvan just posted, he beat me to it. But yes that and also can't stay healthy. What good does an injury prone WR do us James?

From the Giants game's I've seen this year, I'd take Ruben Randle over Nicks at this point. Think that's how you spell his name

Let's just stick with the unit the Colts have now. The Colts cannot afford to be giving up more picks in this year's draft for a player who hasn't performed in a few years. Plus, the wide receiver spot is fine as it is. 

With all the financials and draft picks aside, the Colts are letting TY develop into the #2 receiver. Getting Nicks would interfere with that and in my opinion, would hurt more than it would help. 

Peyton Hillis had one good year and that landed him a spot on the Madden cover. Now what is he doing?

And as most of this forum knows, I really didn't care for the DHB signing. But obviously I'd take DHB over Nicks. You can teach a person to catch & run better routes. But you can't teach a person to stay healthy. So yes, I'd take DHB over Nicks even though I really don't care for either. Although I'm warming up to DHB just a bit

Anybody who can honestly say they would take DHB over Hakeem Nicks is either a homer or doesn't know what they're talking about and, either way, shouldn't be taken seriously.

Also, you can't teach a player to catch better, that's a joke, and route running can only be coached up so much, it's 90% ability.

I can understand being worried about Nick's injury history but don't give me this crap that he sucks, that's ridiculous.

Cant give up Donald Brown ...he's been a factor...we need him,

Darius Heyward Bey has only played 5 games with us......he'll be a factor..just wait..

...the NYGs are not out of the playoff race yet ..they wont trade Nicks now

I don't really get it that much.

Hakeem Nicks will be an expiring contract FA? Correct?

I don't see the point of trading for a WR (unless your a contending team) and have Nicks sign with a different team in the offseason. Maybe I'm missing something.

Anybody who can honestly say they would take DHB over Hakeem Nicks is either a homer or doesn't know what they're talking about and, either way, shouldn't be taken seriously.

Also, you can't teach a player to catch better, that's a joke, and route running can only be coached up so much, it's 90% ability.

I can understand being worried about Nick's injury history but don't give me this crap that he sucks, that's ridiculous.

Nicks has more drops than DHB this year. So yes; I would take DHB over him. And I'm not a homer cause as I stated, I'm not a fan of the DHB pick-up. I don't believe Nicks is good. That's my opinion and that's what I'm sticking with

And you can teach someone to catch/catch better. I do believe Reggie Wayne had a hand in Ty Hilton's growth of catching the ball

DHB ( which now I am sure stands for Deem Handsof Brick ) has had some drops. Nicks has at least produced on the field. More so than DHB.

DHB has had ONE drop.  Reggie has had several.  Yet, the popular opinion is that DBH can't catch.  People should check their facts before putting a guy down.

Again, I'm not saying DHB is the second coming.  But I'm not sure he's being used to the best of his advantage.  Someone made the point that they're not using him like they did Avery last year.  

DHB has had ONE drop. Reggie has had several. Yet, the popular opinion is that DBH can't catch. People should check their facts before putting a guy down.

Again, I'm not saying DHB is the second coming. But I'm not sure he's being used to the best of his advantage. Someone made the point that they're not using him like they did Avery last year.

The one drop he had was that circus catch people were talking about right?

Nicks has more drops than DHB this year. So yes; I would take DHB over him. And I'm not a homer cause as I stated, I'm not a fan of the DHB pick-up. I don't believe Nicks is good. That's my opinion and that's what I'm sticking with

And you can teach someone to catch/catch better. I do believe Reggie Wayne had a hand in Ty Hilton's growth of catching the ball

I'm going to take my own advise and not take you seriously now.

The one drop he had was that circus catch people were talking about right?

No, it was a short pass against the Hawks that should have been caught.  He was looking to go upfield before he had control.

I understand that he helps in the run game, but I wish they'd give him a few TY routes while he's out there.

However, you can't argue with success!  I may have to admit that Pep knows a little more about calling plays and personnel than I do.

No, it was a short pass against the Hawks that should have been caught. He was looking to go upfield before he had control.

I understand that he helps in the run game, but I wish they'd give him a few TY routes while he's out there.

However, you can't argue with success! I may have to admit that Pep knows a little more about calling plays and personnel than I do.

Ah, well I won't/haven't commented on DHB cause as I've stated I'll make a status at the end of the season admitting I was wrong if he has a good season this year. Whether he's brought back or not I'll still give the credit he deserves and eat crow while doing it

Ah, well I won't/haven't commented on DHB cause as I've stated I'll make a status at the end of the season admitting I was wrong if he has a good season this year. Whether he's brought back or not I'll still give the credit he deserves and eat crow while doing it

You may not have to eat much crow.  He's having an okay season, but nothing spectacular so far.  I maintain it's the way we're using him and I hope that changes.

I haven't been Brown's biggest supporter, but I'd much rather have him right now. Unless you want us signing the likes of maurice claret to back up richardson. WR is a strength on this squad. RB depth is weakness that could come back to bite the colts.

DHB has had ONE drop. Reggie has had several. Yet, the popular opinion is that DBH can't catch. People should check their facts before putting a guy down.

Again, I'm not saying DHB is the second coming. But I'm not sure he's being used to the best of his advantage. Someone made the point that they're not using him like they did Avery last year.

DHBs problem is he very rarely makes a catch with his hands away from his body and seemingly never over his head, he is a body catcher, and he is one of the worst deep ball receivers I have witnessed. His ability to make that tough catch in coverage is very low. TY Hilton who is 5 inches smaller and like 50 lbs lighter than DHB is a millions times better at catching passes in traffic and deep down field.

Honestly, ask yourself how confident you are in DHB to make that tough catch or a deep bomb?

Don't get me wrong I like DHB but he is what he is, a solid, tough yac WR who can't be trusted to make the tough catch and gets little separation in his routes, despite all his speed.

I think one thing that a lot of people tend to overlook is DHB's blocking ability. In my opinion, he's our best blocking WR...and that is huge in our type of offense (plus, as the old saying goes, "If you want the rock, you gotta block"). Hakeem Nicks, on the other hand, would probably be a downgrade in terms of blocking ability. When you watch Nicks, for example, you rarely see him block in the open field...I'm not sure if he's just lazy or is poor technically. Furthermore, Nicks will probably want that big contract next year, so that isn't good for us. Anyways, this trade wouldn't make sense to me. It wouldn't drastically improve our team, regardless of your perspective, so why do it? Plus, why would you want to trade away one of our positions that we lack depth in and try to obtain a WR where we are relatively "healthy" in?