Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football "Final 4" Committee

I didn't catch them all but some of the names included in this 13-person committee, according to ESPN's Mike & Mike are....

Oliver Luck

Archie Manning

Condoleeza Rice

Lt. Gen Michael Gould - former Superintendent at the AF Academy

Pat Haden - USC AD

Jeff Long - Arkansas AD

From what I see its a pretty distinguished list of former athletes, administrators and educators.

This is supposed to supplant the current BCS system and hopefully this morphs into maybe a 12-16 team full-fledged playoff.

Finally!!

Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez

• Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Gould, a former Air Force Academy superintendent

• USC athletic director Pat Haden

• Former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt

• West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck

• Former NFL and Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning

• Former Nebraska athletic director/coach Tom Osborne

• Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich

• Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice

• Former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese

• Former USA Today reporter Steve Wieberg

• Former Stanford/Notre Dame/Washington coach Tyrone Willingham

I'm sorry, but what football qualifications does Condolezza Rice have?,,Every other person oon this list has some sort of football qualifications, whether it be the Superintendent of the AFA, or a reporter, I just would like to know how she fits in. I have nothing against her personally, just seems a bit odd.

This group is shameful ..    

An AD for a major power?   C Rice?   She's a "football fan"

Luck and Manning are the ONLY creditable people on this list.

Total JOKE.

I think its a great group and am looking forward to a playoff system and the end of the BCS

The "committee" is joke...

16 team playoff...        knock off ONE game a year and play through the XMas holiday.  

THEN everyone will be happy.

I'm sorry, but what football qualifications does Condolezza Rice have?,,Every other person oon this list has some sort of football qualifications, whether it be the Superintendent of the AFA, or a reporter, I just would like to know how she fits in. I have nothing against her personally, just seems a bit odd.

There is such an East Coast and SEC Bias in college football...West Coast games usually start late, so most of the writers on the East Coast either miss, or just read the write-ups of the games, without actually seeing them . There will always be that bias...

I hope Oregon keeps winning, then kicks the living crap out of Bama...

There is such an East Coast and SEC Bias in college football...West Coast games usually start late, so most of the writers on the East Coast either miss, or just read the write-ups of the games, without actually seeing them . There will always be that bias...

I hope Oregon keeps winning, then kicks the living crap out of Bama...

Yes....but if Alabama was playing the Ducks in a night game....you can bet your donkey that every one of them would stay up and watch. The late card doesn't hold water. 

The "committee" is joke...

16 team playoff...        knock off ONE game a year and play through the XMas holiday.  

THEN everyone will be happy.

This is probably a first step toward that playoff, John.

The mess that is college football didn't get screwed up over night and it isn't gonna get fixed overnight. For starters.....the bazillions of $$$ that is sloshing around the corrupt pig trough that the college football bowl system is, will probably take more than just "football" people to untangle....or at least make a fair system of. And hopefully leading to a16 team playoff like you said.

Let's face it, do we trust or would we rather stick with the NCAA mafiosi that primarily made it what it is....which is the real joke? And what has the BCS system really solved when every other level of college football has an honest playoff?

It just might be that some out-of-the-box input from respected administrators like Condi Rice (former Stanford provost) and Lt.Gen Gould could be valuable and finally get us an fair system that produces an entertaining tournament and a clear champion. And say what you want about Pat Haden, but he is committed to cleaning out a filthy USC athletic department....and wasted little time on that arrogant dunce, Lane Kiffen.

IMO....it's a diverse swath of people intelligent enough to know the issues at hand with a mess that's been unresolved for far too long.

There's nothing to lose by giving it a season or two to see what they come up with.