Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie could surpass 1,000 Monday

This seems like an under reported story going into the game.  Reggie Wayne is just four catches away from becoming the ninth player in NFL history to have 1,000 catches in a career.  Since Reggie has the longest stretch of 3 or more catches in a game in NFL history I think there is a very good chance this happens on Monday Night.  Hopefully Reggie gets it done and it will be a major milestone for a great player!

He should sometime next year.  Marvin is only about 100 catches in front of him.  I think there is a very real chance if he wants to play long enough Reggie could retire number two on the all-time catches list.

He should retire number 3.  I dont think he will pass Tony Gonzalez.  Even if Tony retires after this year, reggie will most likely need two more seasons after this one to pass him.  Idk if he is going to play that long.  Hes already at 13 seasons.

He should retire number 3.  I dont think he will pass Tony Gonzalez.  Even if Tony retires after this year, reggie will most likely need two more seasons after this one to pass him.  Idk if he is going to play that long.  Hes already at 13 seasons.

Hopefully we extend his contract or resign him for 1-2 more years.

All comes down to how long he wants to play.  Either way two or three on the all-time catches list, Top 10 in yards maybe even top five, and other records here or there should settle the Hall of Fame debate on him.  He might not go in on the first ballot but he will go in. 

This seems like an under reported story going into the game. Reggie Wayne is just four catches away from becoming the ninth player in NFL history to have 1,000 catches in a career. Since Reggie has the longest stretch of 3 or more catches in a game in NFL history I think there is a very good chance this happens on Monday Night. Hopefully Reggie gets it done and it will be a major milestone for a great player!

I really hope he doesn't get his 100th catch against san diego..

I hope he catches exactly 3 balls (preferably all for td-s) so he doesn't break his streak..

Then he can break the milestone at home in los against peyton, in front of the home crowd so he gets a big ovation ;)

All comes down to how long he wants to play.  Either way two or three on the all-time catches list, Top 10 in yards maybe even top five, and other records here or there should settle the Hall of Fame debate on him.  He might not go in on the first ballot but he will go in. 

I'm not sure I see him staying beyond next season. I think there's even a real chance that he doesn't play next year.

We all know that Reggie was thinking about leaving before last season began and we've all heard that he stayed to help Luck settle in and to ensure that the transition from QB to QB was as smooth as possible. We'd probably all agree that it has been a pretty smooth transition so Reggie's job here is done. Additionally, we have T.Y emerging as a real asset, D.H.B looking decent and a couple of good young prospects like Brazill and Whalen.

I'm certainly not saying that I'd like to see Reggie leave. In fact, I wouldn't grumble a bit if we gave him another 2 year contract. I'd like to see him stay on, break a few of those records and secure his place in the H.o.F.

Reggie Wayne is important in how this team has progressed over the last few years. The minute he announces his retirement he should be added to the ring of honor. The only shame is that he couldn't reach 1,000 here in Indy... so he could get a standing ovation.

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie.

I'm not sure I see him staying beyond next season. I think there's even a real chance that he doesn't play next year.

We all know that Reggie was thinking about leaving before last season began and we've all heard that he stayed to help Luck settle in and to ensure that the transition from QB to QB was as smooth as possible. We'd probably all agree that it has been a pretty smooth transition so Reggie's job here is done. Additionally, we have T.Y emerging as a real asset, D.H.B looking decent and a couple of good young prospects like Brazill and Whalen.

I'm certainly not saying that I'd like to see Reggie leave. In fact, I wouldn't grumble a bit if we gave him another 2 year contract. I'd like to see him stay on, break a few of those records and secure his place in the H.o.F.

Yeah, but I just don't think he retires while being so on top. I mean he's still a top tier WR. He should at least play another 2 years with his work ethic. 

I would love for Reggie to do this in Indy next weekend, How awesome would that be..??   However  that would mean he wouldn't have many catches tomorrow...and I'd rather he make those catches tomorrow to help with the Win.  

Congrats in advance Reggie,  what an accomplishment.

It's best to go out while on top, is it not?

Yes, and I am sure he would like to go out with another diamond encrusted ring with a Horseshoe on it!

This team is getting close to be able to do that, if healthy, he plays next year.

He is such a positive influence on the team, I'm sure the FO would want him back if he wants to play beyond next year.

I would love to see him kept on after he retires as a WR coach, his knowledge, experience, and work ethic would be so valuable to the continued growth of the team.

I would love for his thousandth catch to also be a TD, whatever it's a terrific milestone to his career.

Yes, and I am sure he would like to go out with another diamond encrusted ring with a Horseshoe on it!

This team is getting close to be able to do that, if healthy, he plays next year.

He is such a positive influence on the team, I'm sure the FO would want him back if he wants to play beyond next year.

I would love to see him kept on after he retires as a WR coach, his knowledge, experience, and work ethic would be so valuable to the continued growth of the team.

I would love for his thousandth catch to also be a TD, whatever it's a terrific milestone to his career.

I'm not disputing any of those things. 

Like I said, I'd love for him to stay on another couple of seasons.

Health and money could be two major contributors to his decision.  If he stays healthy, like he always has, and he gets offered the right contract it could be what he needs to delay a possible retirement.   Getting a little higher up on the record lists will be the icing on top!

He's on pace to get 62 more receptions (90 on the year).  By most accounts, the general consensus is he wants to play at least another season and he'll be under contract for the 2014 season.  Sooner or later, he's going to drop off, and while I don't EXPECT the drop off to happen next year, sooner orl ater it will.  That being said, I'm going to assume it occurs next year for the sake of argument.  Assuming his production drops off, say 50%, which is probably low balling it IMO, that would be another 45 receptions (TO was caught 55 and 72 receptions as a 35 and 36 year old, respectively - and yes I think Reggie is as good).  That would put his career total 1,103, or 3rd all time.  He could play more years, but I doubt he'd ever catch Tony Gonzalez at 1,275.