Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Updates, Injuries, Comments, & MNF look in

Hello Colts Family & Happy Thursday! :D

Here's some :colts: related info for you guys on this rainy Thursday.

@KBowenColts: Cory Redding on the @Colts players love for Chuck Pagano: "You want to go through a brick wall for that guy." http://t.co/46gujwjV9L

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Philip Rivers: "He's a great quarterback and he's playing at a very, very high level right now." Credits HC-Mike McCoy

@KBowenColts: Pagano on being 4-1: "We feel pretty good where we are at. I think we are just scratching the surface."

@KBowenColts: Pagano on how much he has helped his brother over the years: "Obviously none this week (smiles)." John Pagano coaches the Chargers defense.

@KBowenColts: Andrew Luck says playing on Monday Night Football has a "ring" to it. Remembers always begging his mom to stay up for the 2nd half

@CraigKColts: Team says has "no choice" but to deal with growing national spotlight.

@CraigKColts: Pagano sez Francois back today. Landry, Havili day 2 day, Walden limited and will have elbow brace.

@CraigKColts: #Colts @hughthornton72 is growing in comfort with Colts: http://t.co/p9AB11XOaU

@mchappell51: Pagano: KR David Reed. We think he's a home-run hitter. Has a lot of freedom. Make good decisions.

@mchappell51: Pagano: Luck has always had pocket presence. Good Lord gave him something He didn't give you or I

@KBowenColts: Andrew Luck says playing on Monday Night Football has a "ring" to it. Remembers always begging his mom to stay up for the 2nd half

D'awwww.

But also very relatable...

My mom must've been in a very good mood considering the score that Monday night in 2003.

Still probably my favorite football memory...

Yeah, gotta be pretty serious. Hope he recovers soon. If he's not back this week he'll definitely be back for Denver

we need muscles mcgee to knock peyton out haha. im terrible

Yeah, gotta be pretty serious. Hope he recovers soon. If he's not back this week he'll definitely be back for Denver

I was really hoping he'd be back for the Chargers first though. No doubt Landry is a plus versus Denver either way, but I'd rather he get some more game action versus the Chargers first. Facing Peyton your first game back can't be fun?

D'awwww.

But also very relatable...

My mom must've been in a very good mood considering the score that Monday night in 2003.

Still probably my favorite football memory...

talkin about the monday nighter where manning brought us back from i think 20 down with 6 minutes to go to win in OT against tampa?

Perhaps Delano Howell is better in coverage than Landry anyhow.

You said it! Not me!

But I have been thinking it.

BUT you have to admit they both have their advantages...

On that blown coverage against Miami, Landry chased that WR down and prevented a TD. (Plus he's just a huge badbutt.) And Howell has been playing some tight coverage, most notably against SF, if I recall.

I think it'll be really interesting to see how Howell is used (now that he's proven himself) when Landry is 100%.

Guest TeamLoloJones

talkin about the monday nighter where manning brought us back from i think 20 down with 6 minutes to go to win in OT against tampa?

It's funny that Tirico still brings that game up to Gruden whenever they talk about Peyton.  Gruden still has nightmares. haha

Yessir! Something to that effect. I don't think she was quite as happy when the game went beyond regulation, but a deal is a deal. I got to watch the end.

@KBowenColts: Manusky on Robert Mathis: Says he doesn't try and bother him too much and simply just "let's him play."

@KBowenColts: Pep Hamilton on offensive slow starts: "I've got to do a better job to get our guys in more of a rhythm."

@KBowenColts: Hamilton says LaVon Brazill is doing a "great" job at practice but won't delve into specific details on how many reps he will get on Monday

Guest TeamLoloJones

Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet....reading Mike Wells blog on ESPN this morning, he mentioned that Mathis has 9.5 sacks through 5 games.  That mark is the 2nd most in NFL history behind Kevin Greene's 10 in 1998. (He finished with 15)

@mchappell51: Hamilton: Wayne is a workaholic. A film junkie. Younger guys watch Reggie and how he goes about his work.

@mchappell51: Hamilton: Wayne. He has stuck with his process. He wants the ball every time it's snapped. Excited to see where Reggie can take us

@mchappell51: Hamilton: Reggie Wayne, 996 receptions. Approaches each day like he's a rookie FA we just acquired. He's a pros pro.

@KBowenColts: Manusky on Robert Mathis: Says he doesn't try and bother him too much and simply just "let's him play."

I understand we don't want to tell the artist exactly what color to put on his brush. But Mathis can be undisciplined at times with his rushing angles, even running past the ball carrier. He needs to be bothered just a little bit...

I understand we don't want to tell the artist exactly what color to put on his brush. But Mathis can be undisciplined at times with his rushing angles, even running past the ball carrier. He needs to be bothered just a little bit...

:agree:

It's funny that Tirico still brings that game up to Gruden whenever they talk about Peyton. Gruden still has nightmares. haha

Gruden breaks out in cold sweats to this day any time you mention the word "leaping" around him.

If Landry is going to come back make sure he is 100 percent healthy.

@KBowenColts: Pep Hamilton on offensive slow starts: "I've got to do a better job to get our guys in more of a rhythm."

@KBowenColts: Hamilton says LaVon Brazill is doing a "great" job at practice but won't delve into specific details on how many reps he will get on Monday

For sure #2 is a major issue and good that Hamilton is taking responsibility for it

@mchappell51: #colts HC Chuck Pagano: S LaRon Landry, LB Bjoern Werner out. Everyone else probable.

@mchappell51: Pagano: Thoughts and prayers of #colts organization go out to Vikings RB Adrian Peterson during this difficult time.

@CraigKColts: Pagano sez at "U" he could see Reggie Wayne was elite because of talent and ethic: "We knew early on he was going to be great player."

@mchappell51: Pagano: Reggie Wayne. Takes a beginner's mentality every year he shows up. Treats every year like he's a rookie.

@mchappell51: Pagano: Wayne.Not a numbers guy. All he cares about is winning. At the end of the day, he's got those kind of numbers no one's surprised.