Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are done with the mobile QBs

I would rather face those mobile guys than Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc...

The great news is we get our cake and get to eat it too because one only have to play one of those elite QBs.  Honestly other than Manning the best QB we see the rest of the year is Rivers this week. 

Don't forget Alex Smith is fairly mobile..don't get me wrong he's no CK or RW but he can brake the pocket for a decent amount of yards...he's the most mobile threat (not saying huge threat) we'll see for the rest of the season!

what about Locker?? we will see him at least once this year. 

what about Locker?? we will see him at least once this year. 

oh yea,lol..forgot about him since he's injured..but he also can use his feet to get out of trouble, but he's less likely to do that more than wilson...i was honestly getting very frustrated with RW scrambling all day, but it is what it is.

Whether they are mobile or not, the Colts are facing some pretty tough QBs.  Obviously Manning, Rivers is playing well, Smith is playing solid, mistake free, Schaub is definitely in a slump but I would not count on that continuing.

Now, IMO, the Colts have one of (if not the) best secondary in the NFL but all of the teams with good QBs that the Colts will face also have very good running games (except the Chargers)

With the pressure we were getting Sunday.... Peyton Manning would have done the good ole duck and dive thing alot. ... Russell is just so elusive shredded is with his legs, Pryor too

I was watching the game for the 1st time on the NFL replay today. And I was saying the same thing except instead of Peyton, it was Rivers since we play him next. Everytime Russell Wilson broke the pocket, my thoughts were "Phillip Rivers sacked". By the end of the game I said it so much my final conclusion was that if we pressure Rivers like that, someone in the chargers front office is getting fired haha

I was watching the game for the 1st time on the NFL replay today. And I was saying the same thing except instead of Peyton, it was Rivers since we play him next. Everytime Russell Wilson broke the pocket, my thoughts were "Phillip Rivers sacked". By the end of the game I said it so much my final conclusion was that if we pressure Rivers like that, someone in the chargers front office is getting fired haha

lol! Coaching staff too.. The thing with rivers is his un- orthodox (plain ugly) side arm release is so quick from what I saw we would have really get to him before he dumps it off to rial or gates

I would rather face those mobile guys than Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc...

We have the 6th rank passing defense in the league and we are also top 10 in sacks as a team. Facing a pocket passer would help a little more. It would allow Freeman to drop on coverage instead of being a QB spy.

We have the 6th rank passing defense in the league and we are also top 10 in sacks as a team. Facing a pocket passer would help a little more. It would allow Freeman to drop on coverage instead of being a QB spy.

That ranking has something to do with the accuracy of the quarterbacks the Colts have faced....and their youth.