Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts on HBO Hard Knocks down the road?

House

Guest TeamLoloJones

if the NFL made the patriots do this BB would make sure it was the most boring show in television history

so dumb... like the NFL really needs more exposure.

They should just make the team that won the last Superbowl do it, they have plenty of distractions anyway.

Bengals and Ravens off the top of my head.

I'm pretty sure the Ravens didn't make the playoffs that year, but I could be wrong.   (EDIT:  They did make the playoffs)

I think it's extremely well done.  HBO does a great job and the players say they eventually don't even notice the cameras.  Well, maybe not James Harrison.

If Colts fans think that other teams will learn some secret strategy from watching, they're mistaken.  I don't know why anyone would be opposed to having the Colts do it.

Greed. Real cool NFL. Has any Hard Knocks team EVER even made the playoffs?

Forcing distractions on teams = $$$PROFIT$$$

3 of the 8 teams(TBD Bengals this year will make 4 of 8 teams)

Ravens did it fresh off a Super Bowl and lost in the second round

Bengals in 2009

And Jets in 2010

If Bengals make it this year it would make half the teams that appeared on the show make the playoffs

I haven't watched hard knocks, but doesn't it sorta key in on fringe players trying to make the 53 man roster anyways????

Seems like this past off season would have been a good season for the Colts if that is the format for the show, seemed like Ceasar Rayford would have been a key guy the show could have keyed in on... Guess trading him would've villainized the coaching staff...

Either way, I would definitely try & watch the show if the Colts were on, but I guess I'd just assume other teams get the extra distraction...

Be exposed to the inner workings of the Colts in training camp and get to see first hand the different personalities and how they interact?

What Colts fan wouldn't want that?

Some people here just say things because they believe it is the right thing to say.

Can you envision the following, Polian is still our GM, Hard Knocks walks up to his office door and bangs on it, "Mr. Polian get out here for an interview or let us in !!! We are going to get the key from Irsay if you don't let us in, and were calling Roger Goodell if Irsay won't give us the key!!!!"  Polian yells back loudly: "Hard Knocks is prologue, I don't talk with media sewer rats and according to my owner you are also full of Barn Poop!!!! "

Certainly torn on this one.  As a fan, I would love to see the inner workings of the organization and get more up close with the players.  However, I also don't think it helps the team at all.  Just another potential distraction.  I would say no.

if the NFL made the patriots do this BB would make sure it was the most boring show in television history

I don't know about that...When Bill lays into a guy or breaks down film, he is intriguing to watch. Gronk is pretty darn funny. I'd watch Vince Wilfork go through rehab too. 

Don't you remember Bill complaining about not knowing how to set his car's clock for daylight saving time? It was funny. Plus, I like quiet guys when you can see the wheels turning without saying a word. Bill is actually hilarious when he lets his guard down. 

Generally, forcing an organization to do something against their will is never a good idea. What's next? Live root canals on TV? C-sections & induced labor? Live IRS audits? 

There is something to be said for NFL anonymity & avoiding distractions completely. I have no desire to see the Colts organization inside, outside, upside down. 

I like Jim Irsay, but his tweets annoy me. I never read them. It doesn't mean that I wanna watch him type them in his office. I'm just saying...

Would suck, but also, would you not love to see Griggs do his thing? Trading, scouting etc? I mean, over the last two seasons 16 trades...

I don't get that, why would it suck?  Are you afraid other teams would learn secrets?  That doesn't happen.

The only downside is that it can be a distraction - if you let it. 

From what I understand, the NFL can't force a team to do it if they've been in the playoffs in the previous two years.  So we won't be selected unless we want to do it.

What I don't understand is why aren't the Jags pounding on HBO's and the NFL's door begging to do it?  They need all the exposure they can get.  Half the country don't even know there's a team in Jacksonville.  And the other half are starting to doubt it.

If a team has made the playoffs two years in a row or has a new HC they can't decline....per PFT

According to the link it's actually even easier, if you've made the playoffs in one of the last 2 seasons you can't be forced on.

I want the Colts to stay as far away from Hard Knocks as possible.  

Im not sure how many of you watched this season of Hard Knocks, but it was not as full of drama as prior seasons. It made me almost feel ok about the Colts doing it one year.

Selfishly, I would love any chance to see our team behind the scenes and see how they develop over a preseason. I would be extremely excited to watch that.

Im not sure how many of you watched this season of Hard Knocks, but it was not as full of drama as prior seasons. It made me almost feel ok about the Colts doing it one year.

Selfishly, I would love any chance to see our team behind the scenes and see how they develop over a preseason. I would be extremely excited to watch that.

I agree, HBO handled it really well.  The drama was with certain players getting cut or injured.  They didn't focus on PacMan much.

It's still my favorite reality show and I'd love to see the Colts on it.

But like I said earlier, since the Colts made the playoffs last season, they have the right to refuse next year.