Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When did an NFL team last score 50 points back to back?

oldunclemark

Good question.

Good Lord.

They might score 50 with the brakes on next week.

If the game was in Jacksonville the team could offer free drinks for every ten points scored by the opposing team, but then everyone would get alcohol poisoning.

Seahawks week 14-15 of last season.

58-0 over Cardinals.

50-17 over the Bills.

There's never been a team to score 50+ points 3 games in a row. As a matter of fact, the record for 50+ point plus games in a season is only 3.

you da man again, Dustin..

I should have know that.....its not like its ancient history

I'd predict that Denver pulls Manning before the Broncos score 50 against Jax...

Of course...if they kickoff and punt to Holiday......bad things might happen anyway

If the game was in Jacksonville the team could offer free drinks for every ten points scored by the opposing team, but then everyone would get alcohol poisoning.

:lol:

I suspect that they've built up quite a tolerance by this point.

I think the spread opened at 28 points for that game. My gut is saying that the Broncos might throttle down, ppg might start coming back down to earth. I'd be half tempted to take the Jags and the points. But...I could also see this being a 40 point slaughter too.

34-10 maybe? So hard to predict these types of games...could be pulling starters...could just have a relatively off night (34 points being "off")...lot can happen in 4 quarters.

No matter what...you put $20 on the bet against the broncos because the risk/reward has got to be high for that payoff.

Heck...go bet your life savings on the broncos even...still that's a safe bet!

No, Hap...

Take a chance....getting 28.....A lot of Denver defender (Champ, Von..maybe Wesley Woodyard) wont play.

Its only money!

No way Broncos are going to score more than 50 pts this coming week. They don't need to beat Jags by more than 40 pts. When they lead by 35-6 in the 3rd qtr Manning will be pulled and the backups will clean it up. Final score may be sth. like 38-6.

Has anyone ever done it three times in 3 weeks

Sorry, Jacksonville

it is going to be tough to score 50 against Jax . . . it depends on how the game goes . . . if Jax can score points and stay in the game and/or keep the score within 21 points or less in the 4th, Denver is not going to keep its starters in the game . . . if they are up mid 30s-0 early in the 4th they are going to have to rest their starters and at that point it is going to be tough to score 14 points or so . . . but if they are leading 35-21, then they have shot . . . it really depends on well the Jaxs play . . .  

it is going to be tough to score 50 against Jax . . . it depends on how the game goes . . . if Jax can score points and stay in the game and/or keep the score within 21 points or less in the 4th, Denver is not going to keep its starters in the game . . . if they are up mid 30s-0 early in the 4th they are going to have to rest their starters and at that point it is going to be tough to score 14 points or so . . . but if they are leading 35-21, then they have shot . . . it really depends on well the Jaxs play . . .  

This, exactly.

Good question.

Good Lord.

They might score 50 with the brakes on next week.

you da man again, Dustin..

I should have know that.....its not like its ancient history

I'd predict that Denver pulls Manning before the Broncos score 50 against Jax...

Of course...if they kickoff and punt to Holiday......bad things might happen anyway

No way Broncos are going to score more than 50 pts this coming week. They don't need to beat Jags by more than 40 pts. When they lead by 35-6 in the 3rd qtr Manning will be pulled and the backups will clean it up. Final score may be sth. like 38-6.

EXACTLY

Denver will pull Peyton if up alot

ayaers, Hillman , woodward & Harris all hurt, all awiting test results says Fox , Harris a concusion, -- all posted somewhere by some site, probably denver Web 

Bailey may get a try , supposedly could of played but as hurt on turf denver said didnt want him back on turf in Dallas ,   Colts have turf so aparently turf and sliding on it is a problem for bailey ( good for us Colts )

Some if not all These will probably rest  Vs Jax  

as following week face Colts & BTW  who can win if play smart & balanced and also at times spread WR out like Cowboys did , Denver secondary not great & Luck with TY, Wayne etc can make some great p[lays, , and Miller may be back but has to be rusty