Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis...remember him?

cmgww

Remember all the talk on this board about Mathis being a non factor without Freeney? Lots of it through the preseason and early games. Well, 2 sacks today, NFL leader in sacks, and still terrorizing QBs. Just a reminder, Mathis hasn't gone anywhere.

Remember all the talk on this board about Mathis being a non factor without Freeney? Lots of it through the preseason and early games. Well, 2 sacks today, NFL leader in sacks, and still terrorizing QBs. Just a reminder, Mathis hasn't gone anywhere.

I hear you and I was one of those people.. I am amazed he keeps doing what he does at his size

he was the epitome of our LAST GM...... the smaller, faster player..

All I'm left wondering is, "What would Mathis have been had we switched to a 3-4 in his athletic prime?". This dude was a great player despite playing waaayy out of position as a full-time 4-3 DE, but he always projected to be a monster as a 3-4 OLB/occasional rush end. To me, Robert Mathis is a Hall of Fame talent that may not get in solely because he didn't get as many years at this position as he did when he was cast as a 4-3 end.

It's practically, if not literally, unheard of to find another small man playing DE with his hand down in the modern NFL with the success Mathis did. I'm just glad now we get to see what he could've been had we switched defensive philosophies earlier in his career.

does anyone have a nice link to the highlights from today's game? if it could include butlers diving swat that'd be great. On  the subject, i really hope Mathis keeps this up. He is mos def our "guy" and i am so proud of him

Please..somebody...do this..

I'd like to see extebnded highlights

Up in NW Indians..we were forced to watch the Bears lose again..

many of us didnt see the better game..

Big props to Mathis and everyone else. Great pressure today, but I have to say, that Seattle line is the worse pass blocking line I've seen in quite sometime. I know they have injuries, but if it wasn't Wilson back there, the Colts would have had 10 sacks today.

Mathis looked EXACTLY like DFREE in the first Q.   Rushing up field BLINDLY...

But this staff got it under control...  were as .....   ah never mind..

Ecactly. Being in chicago land is a drag

There are sites that stream the games online for free.  They are kind of illegal though ;)

Mathis looked EXACTLY like DFREE in the first Q.   Rushing up field BLINDLY...

But this staff got it under control...  were as .....   ah never mind..

Im glad you noticed as well John ,the difference between someone who knows football rather than just accolades for sacks.I Will be the bad guy,and say if the coaches wouldn't have got it Mathis cost us big time.Good eye for the game ! And cudos to the Coaching Staff =  making adjustments is coaching :thmup: I do appreciate his pass rush but has to learn to stay home as well and I know he has the talent to do both.

So glad we kept 'Noelle's' husband!  And Shay-Shay's as well!  Still the best Indiapolis has to offer, and along with A. Luck, the best thing about our 2-14 season!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_i4DszTD3w

Im glad you noticed as well John ,the difference between someone who knows football rather than just accolades for sacks.I Will be the bad guy,and say if the coaches wouldn't have got it Mathis cost us big time.Good eye for the game ! And cudos to the Coaching Staff =  making adjustments is coaching :thmup: I do appreciate his pass rush but has to learn to stay home as well and I know he has the talent to do both.

I missed the first 10 points of the game but from the time I started watching it, it wasn't Mathis blindly going after the QB it was the DT (I was watching online andoften the feed a was a little fuzzy to tell numbers) on his side getting pushed too far which forced Mathis outside a little further.  The adjustments made had to do with having the DT's first move more to the inside which then allowed Mathis to maintain his line better.

I feel your pain.  My internet and cable was out yesterday because of the storm.  I had to listen to the game sitting in my truck in the driveway.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013100603/2013/REG5/seahawks@colts#menu=highlights&tab=recap

I missed the first 10 points of the game but from the time I started watching it, it wasn't Mathis blindly going after the QB it was the DT (I was watching online andoften the feed a was a little fuzzy to tell numbers) on his side getting pushed too far which forced Mathis outside a little further.  The adjustments made had to do with having the DT's first move more to the inside which then allowed Mathis to maintain his line better.

Lol you missed the first 10 you missed the point ,go back and watch,Mathis beline to QB handoff under him outside unsealed run all over his side,but adjustment was made and worked better .

Lol you missed the first 10 you missed the point ,go back and watch,Mathis beline to QB handoff under him outside unsealed run all over his side,but adjustment was made and worked better .

You do LOL a lot.  But the point was about Mathis in the 1st quarter, there was still 6 minutes left in the quarter.  I guess to some, if it happens once then it applies to an entire quarter but not to most.

You do LOL a lot.  But the point was about Mathis in the 1st quarter, there was still 6 minutes left in the quarter.  I guess to some, if it happens once then it applies to an entire quarter but not to most.

It happened more than once lol you were watching a different game once again,Watched this game 3 times now and somehow it remains the same everytime I do ? Go Figure 

It happened more than once lol you were watching a different game once again,Watched this game 3 times now and somehow it remains the same everytime I do ? Go Figure 

You know, if I could change the game....it would have been 50-0 :)  

Guess what, I would not change anything....one of the most fun games to watch in a very long time....

My hat is still off for Lawrence Guy with the blocked kick....still unsure why Mathews made the team before he did....he goes after it!!!   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

You know, if I could change the game....it would have been 50-0 :)

Guess what, I would not change anything....one of the most fun games to watch in a very long time....

My hat is still off for Lawrence Guy with the blocked kick....still unsure why Mathews made the team before he did....he goes after it!!!   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Yes he did ,played the game right,those things are fundamental and using the ole noggin :thmup: Was a great game