Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt fans can cough up their food says stampede blue because

bayone

Speaking of the Rams, they are active in trying to sign Melvin Bullitt as well, per JMV at 1070 The Fan. Bullitt, who has been the starting safety for the Colts the last three years, also has interest from the Arizona Cardinals. This is interesting because the Rams, like the Colts, were supposedly pressed against the cap with huge money invested in Sam Bradford, Chris Long, and Jason Smith. Yet, they still found a way to get Mikell, and are trying to team him with Bullitt.

So, yeah. It's starting to look like 2011 is another Aaron Francisco year, which means this team has absolutely no shot at winning a Super Bowl. Don't know what Chris Polian is doing over at West 56th Street, but as of right now he is most certainly not building a championship caliber roster.

But, hey, at least we're still keeping Kelvin Hayden (begins vomiting). Oh, and Weddle is now teamed with Bob Sanders in San Diego (vomits more).

My link

I feel ya Bayone, this is ridiculous! At this point I'm questioning whether my loyalty lies more with Manning or the Colts. I started as a Colt fan back in 86', but at this point, I think I'm rooting more for Manning than the Colts. I'm just about at the point where I'd like to see Manning leave and find another team where he can win some * super bowls! I think I'd honestly be more enthusiastic about the Colts right now if they just went ahead and started the rebuilding process. Just trade off everybody with any value and load up on young talent and future draft picks. At least then there'd be reason for optimism... It sucks to watch all of these quality free agents that could help us get over the top getting picked up by everybody else while we sit around and do nothing. No Manning deal, none of our free agents signed, no outside free agents signed, just a bunch of undrafted nobodys that'll only help maintain the status quo of mediocrity. Here's to another season of the Colts scrapping by to make the playoffs (if we're lucky) and then getting our * kicked in the playoffs, and watching Manning exit the field with that look on his face like he just got lectured by his dad for not doing his chores.

I feel ya Bayone, this is ridiculous! At this point I'm questioning whether my loyalty lies more with Manning or the Colts. I started as a Colt fan back in 86', but at this point, I think I'm rooting more for Manning than the Colts. I'm just about at the point where I'd like to see Manning leave and find another team where he can win some * super bowls! I think I'd honestly be more enthusiastic about the Colts right now if they just went ahead and started the rebuilding process. Just trade off everybody with any value and load up on young talent and future draft picks. At least then there'd be reason for optimism... It sucks to watch all of these quality free agents that could help us get over the top getting picked up by everybody else while we sit around and do nothing. No Manning deal, none of our free agents signed, no outside free agents signed, just a bunch of undrafted nobodys that'll only help maintain the status quo of mediocrity. Here's to another season of the Colts scrapping by to make the playoffs (if we're lucky) and then getting our * kicked in the playoffs, and watching Manning exit the field with that look on his face like he just got lectured by his dad for not doing his chores.

You do realize it takes two to tango, right? Obviously Polian wants to get a deal done now, but if Manning is not ready to sign then there is nothing Polian can do. Polian was ready to work on a deal last season, but Manning took the road of I will not discuss contracts during the season and was applauded. Also, with the lockout Polian and Manning could not discuss contracts so they are probably now just getting a chance to talk numbers.

Our front office's hands are tied a bit with Manning being franchised. They need to get a contract done with him before they can do much. You do not want to go out and re-sign Bullitt, Session, JA, CJ and Mookie and then find out you cannot afford the first year cap hit of Manning's contract.

Manning's new contract will dictate what we do the rest of free agency.

You do realize it takes two to tango, right? Obviously Polian wants to get a deal done now, but if Manning is not ready to sign then there is nothing Polian can do. Polian was ready to work on a deal last season, but Manning took the road of I will not discuss contracts during the season and was applauded. Also, with the lockout Polian and Manning could not discuss contracts so they are probably now just getting a chance to talk numbers.

Our front office's hands are tied a bit with Manning being franchised. They need to get a contract done with him before they can do much. You do not want to go out and re-sign Bullitt, Session, JA, CJ and Mookie and then find out you cannot afford the first year cap hit of Manning's contract.

Yeah but the does not do use any good. Manning is taking his sweet time while the rest of the team is being surrounded by hungry Wolves ready to take the best FA players from our team.

I realize all of these points you are making, but I can just tell this isn't going to work out well for us. It might be a week or two before the Manning deal gets done, and by that time I'm assuming that several of our own free agents will be gone as well as the majority of all of the worth while outside free agents. We'll still have a decent team, we'll probably make the playoffs, but we're not going to go anywhere after that. I've had about all of that scenario that I can take, you know what I'm saying? I'm really hoping that we'll hear by the end of the day that Manning has been signed to a deal that creatively makes him highest paid yet only counts so much against the cap this season so we'll be able to start actively signing people. I want Addai, CJ, Session, Bullitt, and Adam V to be resigned. Then I want us to go out and sign DT help (I'd love Mebane but we won't have the money, I'll settle for any big body that won't get pushed around and can stuff the run), a veteran OL (preferably a good run blocking guard, Harvey Dahl would be awesome!), and I'd love to see us sign Vonte Leach, the free agent FB from Houston.

ps- your profile pic is awesome!

I realize all of these points you are making, but I can just tell this isn't going to work out well for us. It might be a week or two before the Manning deal gets done, and by that time I'm assuming that several of our own free agents will be gone as well as the majority of all of the worth while outside free agents. We'll still have a decent team, we'll probably make the playoffs, but we're not going to go anywhere after that. I've had about all of that scenario that I can take, you know what I'm saying? I'm really hoping that we'll hear by the end of the day that Manning has been signed to a deal that creatively makes him highest paid yet only counts so much against the cap this season so we'll be able to start actively signing people. I want Addai, CJ, Session, Bullitt, and Adam V to be resigned. Then I want us to go out and sign DT help (I'd love Mebane but we won't have the money, I'll settle for any big body that won't get pushed around and can stuff the run), a veteran OL (preferably a good run blocking guard, Harvey Dahl would be awesome!), and I'd love to see us sign Vonte Leach, the free agent FB from Houston.

ps- your profile pic is awesome!

Yet you not ticked off Manning is killing this team if he does not sign soon........We are not i say Again we are not going to the playoff with the crappiest defense around the league.

EXACTLY!!!!!! I love PM but I am starting to think he is interested in nothing BUT MONEY. I mean really, how much is enough? He has more money than GOD and going into his last contract he wants HIS cap strapped team to PAY HIM. Freeney is another who's salary is killing this team. He gets I think 19 million this season. He is a great player but that much? really? And players like Mathis, Bethea, Session, Bullet, and others (who are just as productive on the D end) have to fight tooth and nail to get "fair market value" from Indy.

If Peyton has to be the top paid player in the NFL then so be it. He IS worth it. But I would think at his late stage in his career he could be more interested in winning games. And if he is paid top dollar then Indy's flexibility is severely hampered.

Oh Well... really nothing new, Indy has paid it's stars handsomely for years now and made due with UDFA's and low round picks hitting it big. Lets hope it's more of the same old same old. (winning wise that is)

Yet you not ticked off Manning is killing this team if he does not sign soon........We are not i say Again we are not going to the playoff with the crappiest defense around the league.

You say he's killing the team, but the team would be nothing without him in the first place, dude! I can't possibly be ticked at Manning. He has made this franchise what it is (the good parts anyway). I have a hunch that he's not sure that he wants to be here, and I really can't blame him. He deserves to have a handfull of super bowl rings, and it's not his fault that he doesn't. He's been getting all of this critisism over the years for not being able to win the big games, but it's not his fault. He's done everything possible to make things happen, but the Colts' ownership definitely hasn't! If you put Manning on the same team that Montana played for back in the 80s and 90s, he'd have six or seven rings! If he held a press conference today and publicly said, 'to heck with the Colts', I still wouldn't be mad at the dude. I'd totally understand where he's coming from. heck, he deserves $40 million a year, the cap just doesn't make it possible. The people I'm ticked at are the Irsays and Polian! Those guys can suck it!

You say he's killing the team, but the team would be nothing without him in the first place, dude! I can't possibly be ticked at Manning. He has made this franchise what it is (the good parts anyway). I have a hunch that he's not sure that he wants to be here, and I really can't blame him. He deserves to have a handfull of super bowl rings, and it's not his fault that he doesn't. He's been getting all of this critisism over the years for not being able to win the big games, but it's not his fault. He's done everything possible to make things happen, but the Colts' ownership definitely hasn't! If you put Manning on the same team that Montana played for back in the 80s and 90s, he'd have six or seven rings! If he held a press conference today and publicly said, 'to heck with the Colts', I still wouldn't be mad at the dude. I'd totally understand where he's coming from. heck, he deserves $40 million a year, the cap just doesn't make it possible. The people I'm ticked at are the Irsays and Polian! Those guys can suck it!

dont Forget Caldwell and the medicore defense

Peyton has had some very poor playoff efforts when the D played more than well enough to win. Thus the reason PM has the reputation of being the best "regular season" QB ever.

I am honestly conflicted on whether Indy should give 25m per to a 35 year old QB with a bulging disk issue in his neck.

Glad I don't have to make the call.