Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saw This On a SEA Forum... - Reggie Wayne

NCost12

I actually had fun talking with some of you, but probably time to bow out when I am getting flack for giving you a different view from the losing team POV.  It wasn't my picture that was posted, but you might re-read my post where I said we discounted it and thought it to be a thread.   

What 'different view'? You literally only said your board was trying to figure out what the team did and didn't do, and that it's "most likely a thread", following up with "rather it is or isn't stickum", as though the question remains. You keep acting like there is even a question.

Asked Walter Thurman. Reggie had his hands on him plenty. Ask Brandon Browner. The NFL is a contact game, it's not like it'd be easy to hide. Pretending it may or may not be is innane and insulting.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last impression before I sign off...

respect your coach,

respect the heck out of Luck and the talent on the field, it was a hard fought game

Still respect Hasselbeck and intend to see him hoisted in our ring of honor

enjoyed the hospitality of almost all of the fans I talked to on the board

disappointed how a few treat a respectful fan after you won the game

Hawk fans are a good bunch, we all have a few bad apples that are not representing the majority.  It's easy to talk smack to a losing team on the way out of your door, but definitely not "classy" and tarnishes what is probably a good bunch in here too.

Otherwise I actually do hope to meet you guys again in the Super Bowl

Last impression before I sign off...

respect your coach,

respect the heck out of Luck and the talent on the field, it was a hard fought game

Still respect Hasselbeck and intend to see him hoisted in our ring of honor

enjoyed the hospitality of almost all of the fans I talked to on the board

disappointed how a few treat a respectful fan after you won the game

Hawk fans are a good bunch, we all have a few bad apples that are not representing the majority.  It's easy to talk smack to a losing team on the way out of your door, but definitely not "classy" and tarnishes what is probably a good bunch in here too.

Otherwise I actually do hope to meet you guys again in the Super Bowl

Yeah was a great game, I'm very surprised it turned out the way it did after that horrendous first quarter.  Colts are the kings of comebacks though so it wasn't quite a shock.  Hope to see Seattle in the SB as you stated, great game and cheers fellow Seahawks fans. 

OHHHh and Tony SCHOBLOW threw a critical INT not suprised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I hate things like this. It allows people the ability to passively aggressively suggest a team or person MIGHT cheat, they won't clearly state they didn't, but don't worry, they don't think that's WHY the lost. So Reggie Wayne MIGHT be a cheater, but that's not why Seattle lost.

If you want to be reasonable and talk about being classy, call out absurdity where it exist. The idea that the NFL, where people call for flags for just about anything, would possess a single person who would not notify the refs when Mr. Stickum got stuck on him while blocking is so insane as to be laughable. But when one gives credence to even the possibility that that is the case, I will challenge the assertion that anyone is being 'decent' at all.

You don't even need stickum with the gloves the have these days. They are fricken sweet! I can catch one handed passes with them. Maybe not out of a jug machine but the gloves are awesome!

I concur...I have a pair, a brand called Cutters that I wear for flag football....they are so tacky/sticky they actually have a label on each glove showing they are NOCSAE certified.That is some equipment standards organization, but anyways, they are have a TON more grip than the old Neumanns I had in HS. If I had these new gloves back then, we would have gone to State! J/K, but the new gloves are no joke. Stickum really wouldn't be that much of an advantage, unless you're talking the really old school stuff where guys couldn't give the ball back to the ref b/c it was basically glued to their hands.

can anyone sit here and honestly say that half if not most of the good WR's in the league do not use stickum??? 

second: i think the refs would feel some kind of substance on the ball at some point in the game after reggie catches the ball whether it is just  a little  bit or a lot. 

innocent until proven guilty

can anyone sit here and honestly say that half if not most of the good WR's in the league do not use stickum???

second: i think the refs would feel some kind of substance on the ball at some point in the game after reggie catches the ball whether it is just a little bit or a lot.

innocent until proven guilty

Who's used stickum since the 70's?

...a heavily underrated Colts team.

meh...maybe underrated by other fans, but anyone with half a brain knows what Indy brings to the table. If memory serves, 3 out of the 5 guys on the pregame show picked the colts. I figured it would be about a coin flip being in Indianapolis.

meh...maybe underrated by other fans, but anyone with half a brain knows what Indy brings to the table. If memory serves, 3 out of the 5 guys on the pregame show picked the colts. I figured it would be about a coin flip being in Indianapolis.

Both the CBS guys and I'm pretty sure all the Fox Guys chose the Seahawks. The Colts are underrated by many. Many saw this as a tough matchup but saw Seattle walking out of here with the win.

Both the CBS guys and I'm pretty sure all the Fox Guys chose the Seahawks. The Colts are underrated by many. Many saw this as a tough matchup but saw Seattle walking out of here with the win.

I was pretty certain 3 of the 5 picked Indy (and I was mixed up...it was fox I was watching. Jimmie Johnson, Strahan, etc). I remember for sure Johnson picked Indy. Either way, as an outsider, I see the colts get their share of recognition compared to anyone else.

Yawn...

They are just mad they lost.  No way Reggie would just start doing this if he was doing it and no way no one would have noticed before now. 

Reggie did admit he pushed off on the two point play though but hey Ron Winter owes us a few not just from today but from his career. 

BTW.  How many would have dreamed the Colts would have handled San Fran and Seattle?  Don't lie, now.  LOL

I figured we would be 4-1 right now and figured we would get the Seahawks game because it was at home and the Seahawks aren't the same team on the road.  I did think we would lose to the 49ers though. 

actually we are being pretty decent...  some crazy pic comes to our attention and we try to be objective.  Loss is a loss though and we can't go hunting for excuses, as it doesn't serve anything.  Our board is just in the mode of re-hashing what we think we did or didnt do right today and someone brought it up, can't fault us for that.  Like I said, most likely a non-issue but this is for someone else at a higher pay grade than me to sort out.

you are a classy fan BC.  Some  of us are not being very charitable.  Winning is supposed to bring out the best in us.  It was a great game and Seattle will win most of their games.  I was proud of our team because they kept their heads up when things went into the dumpster early. 

I agree u guys played very well and deserved to win. U guys got 7's and we got 3's, that was the difference. That said the officiating was poor, but I'm not going to make excuses. I could go on and on about the PI's and the 12 men in the huddle when there was 11 but I'm not going to get into it.

Andrew Luck is a stud, u guys are lucky (no pun intended) to have him

I agree u guys played very well and deserved to win. U guys got 7's and we got 3's, that was the difference. That said the officiating was poor, but I'm not going to make excuses. I could go on and on about the PI's and the 12 men in the huddle when there was 11 but I'm not going to get into it.

Andrew Luck is a stud, u guys are lucky (no pun intended) to have him

It was bad both ways (there was at least one play where Reggie got shoved by a Seahawks defender and no flag came out but Reggie got it back by pushing off on the two point play and some horrific spots for the Colts and a couple of nice ones for the Seahawks) which you can expect with Ron Winter.  Trust me we've been where you are right now with Ron Winter but if you look at his games he makes bad calls both ways and just calls strange stuff you never see any other official call and then ignores something that every official in the league calls.  There is a reason why the man almost always ranks as one of the worst officials when someone ranks officials.  IMO there are three refs that should lose their jobs Ron Winter, Walt Coleman, and Pete Morelli. 

While I think Luck is the best of last years class Wilson is pretty darn good in his own right.  He is extremely decisive in what he does and is going to be a good QB in this league for a long time.  They could use a big tightend for him in the redzone or taller WR for him but those guys don't grow on trees. 

Stupid question but post catch surely the ball goes to the ref and you'd think the Zebra would notice when he couldn't let go of the ball :P

You are correct. Back when the receivers was using stickum the refs carried a towel and was cleaning the ball all of the time. I can't think of stickum and not think of Fred Biletnikoff. Dude would have it everywhere on him. 

Jimmy Johnson picked the Colts..but then later said on a neutral field he would take the Seahawks..then, on the recap show, he said, if I ever pick against the Seahawks again to "I'm not sure he said "hit him", but it was something to that effect. He then stated the Seahawks are the best and most complete team and he will never bet against them again against anyone anywhere.

Jimmy Johnson picked the Colts..but then later said on a neutral field he would take the Seahawks..then, on the recap show, he said, if I ever pick against the Seahawks again to "I'm not sure he said "hit him", but it was something to that effect. He then stated the Seahawks are the best and most complete team and he will never bet against them again against anyone anywhere.

Dungy picked the Colts too and kept saying they were his upset special this week then again it's only really news when Dungy doesn't pick the Colts.

It was bad both ways (there was at least one play where Reggie got shoved by a Seahawks defender and no flag came out but Reggie got it back by pushing off on the two point play and some horrific spots for the Colts and a couple of nice ones for the Seahawks) which you can expect with Ron Winter.  Trust me we've been where you are right now with Ron Winter but if you look at his games he makes bad calls both ways and just calls strange stuff you never see any other official call and then ignores something that every official in the league calls.  There is a reason why the man almost always ranks as one of the worst officials when someone ranks officials.  IMO there are three refs that should lose their jobs Ron Winter, Walt Coleman, and Pete Morelli. 

While I think Luck is the best of last years class Wilson is pretty darn good in his own right.  He is extremely decisive in what he does and is going to be a good QB in this league for a long time.  They could use a big tightend for him in the redzone or taller WR for him but those guys don't grow on trees. 

The Seahawks do have big receivers.. Rice is 6'4 and Williams is 6'5..and their TE's are all over 6'5. Plus Tate doesn't play like he's 5'10..Did you notice a couple of times Toler was covering guys that looked like they were playing against pee-wee league defenders (Toler)..Toler did a great job, considering the size difference..

Wilson did impress me greatly, and now I can see why he's been getting all the accolades.

Everyone talks about RG3 and Kaep..but look how they've done this year...They've regressed totally compared to Luck and Wilson...and to an extent Tannehill...

LUck and Wilson are heads above the others...they might not have the greatest stats, but their intangibles are through the roof!

Here's a list of their WR's and TE's..

87 Davis, Kellen TE 6-7 265 27 6 Michigan State 86 Miller, Zach TE 6-5 255 27 7 Arizona State 82 Willson, Luke TE 6-5 251 23 R Rice 89 Baldwin, Doug WR 5-10 189 25 3 Stanford 15 Kearse, Jermaine WR 6-1 209 23 2 Washington 18 Rice, Sidney WR 6-4 202 27 7 South Carolina 81 Tate, Golden WR 5-10 202 25 4 Notre Dame 83 Williams, Stephen WR 6-5 208 27 3 Toledo

The Seahawks do have big receivers.. Rice is 6'4 and Williams is 6'5..and their TE's are all over 6'5. Plus Tate doesn't play like he's 5'10..Did you notice a couple of times Toler was covering guys that looked like they were playing against pee-wee league defenders (Toler)..Toler did a great job, considering the size difference..

Wilson did impress me greatly, and now I can see why he's been getting all the accolades.

Everyone talks about RG3 and Kaep..but look how they've done this year...They've regressed totally compared to Luck and Wilson...and to an extent Tannehill...

LUck and Wilson are heads above the others...they might not have the greatest stats, but their intangibles are through the roof!

Here's a list of their WR's and TE's..

87 Davis, Kellen TE 6-7 265 27 6 Michigan State 86 Miller, Zach TE 6-5 255 27 7 Arizona State 82 Willson, Luke TE 6-5 251 23 R Rice 89 Baldwin, Doug WR 5-10 189 25 3 Stanford 15 Kearse, Jermaine WR 6-1 209 23 2 Washington 18 Rice, Sidney WR 6-4 202 27 7 South Carolina 81 Tate, Golden WR 5-10 202 25 4 Notre Dame 83 Williams, Stephen WR 6-5 208 27 3 Toledo

I guess when I say big I mean big and talented enough to be a true number one WR like an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson but again those guys don't grow on trees.  Tate might not play like he's 5'10 but he's still 5'10. 

I don't really view any of the Seahawks TEs as a major play maker.  Again if they could get their hands on one I think that would make Wilson even better than he is.  They struggle scoring Touchdowns in the redzone and I think that's where having mostly frontline WRs who are smaller and no real play making TE's come backs to bight them a little bit because then teams can really stack the box against Lynch. 

I think Luck and Tannehill have the best two young teams in the AFC and I think Wilson has the best young team in the NFC.  Those three QBs are probably going to see a lot of each other in some "Super" games over the course of their careers.