Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle Corners Getting Away with Assult on Every Play

LAColt

I have never seen such willful, deliberate, constant pass interference.  Yeah the referees call it sometimes, but those Rain City corners are committing pass interference and/or holding on virtually every play from scrimmage. 

Then, what is ironic about the whole thing, is that Grey Sky's offense is begging to get a P.I. call on their last drive, when they are in a do-or-die situation.

I was willing to watch this game and give Pasty Vegitarian Town's team the benefit of the doubt, with the entire football world already punching them a ticket to the Superbowl. 

Whether the Colts won or lost, my opinion of the Suicide Capital's team after this game is this......I have never seen two cornerbacks commit more blatant penalties over and over and over, it was plain ridiculous.

So its not that their corners are so good, its that they are willing to foul on every play, and are ok if it is called a couple of times. 

It is pathetic and bad for the NFL to allow corners to molest receivers like this.  Maybe they think the receivers have some coffee grounds in their pockets. 

Its ok, at least they still have those wonderful Green and Blue uniforms, I mean, you just can't beat that color combination.  And to think Pete left sunny Southern California, for a pathetic dreadful city like that.

Yea, San Fran tried it too.

Didn't work for either of them.

BTW,  anyone notice the crybaby Seahawks begging for flags?

Especially Sidney Rice.

On the bright side maybe, for once, that horse-mouthed Sherman will finally keep his big yapper shut.  Nah, I doubt he's that smart.

I posted about that during the 49ers game- any more unpunished muggings and they could've been sponsored by the city of Gary.

It was really hilarious seeing their receivers whine every time they didn't get the call and to hear their fans complain about it nonstop. Even reminding them they got 2 free shot to the head non-calls didn't seem to make them feel better lol. 

And, I gotta say, I'm glad we gave it right back to them instead of being the team that complains about non-calls while at the same time not adjusting our own level of physicality in the secondary. If you know the refs are going to let it get rough, at least play rough back so you're not playing with a handicap. 

This is why Seattle is known as a physical team. They are known for what they do, but it definitely isn't dirty. They know when they can get away with a few grabs here and there...pretty sure most DBs in the league do.

This isn't a complaint, and it has nothing to do with if the Colts won or lost.  The Seattle corners held arms, tugged on jerseys, punched to the shoulder, impeded forward motion, twisted shoulders all after the first 5 yards, and did this on virtually every passing play the Colts had from scrimmage  That can not be allowed. 

Play physical, but play within the rules.  It is not Seattle's fault that they are getting away with murder, it is the fault of the league.  They need to throw flags on every play until they stop.  If you look at the replays you can not come to any other conclusion other than the Seattle corners foul on virtually every pass play.

This is a problem for the NFL, not an issue relating to the Colt's winning or losing this game.  You can't molest receivers, and not have a flag thrown.....it changes the outcome of games.  Why do you think Seattle was undefeated going into this game. For whatever reason, their corners are allowed to molest on virtually every pass play the opponent tries.  That is not good for the game.

This is why Seattle is known as a physical team. They are known for what they do, but it definitely isn't dirty. They know when they can get away with a few grabs here and there...pretty sure most DBs in the league do.

I don't think it is necessarily dirty, but they definitely push it to the point where they put the refs in a position where its almost like they have to avoid calling a lot stuff their DBs do to avoid bringing the game to a halt with penalties ... putting in the same realm as offensive holding almost.

At least like Hans said the refs let our DBs get physical in return.

They play physical but receivers have to play through it.  It is funny though that some on their board are saying the same thing about our DB's and that the refs gave it to them.  Every teams fans think their receivers are getting manhandled all game.

Our DBs did do it too ... but I think was like Hans said our DBs only got so much more aggressive in response to what the SEA DBs were doing (and getting away with).

True, and I guess that the fact that the Seahawk fans are complaining about the refs shows that.  There is one guy on their site claiming that Reggie has stickum on his gloves.

Its football, I was glad to see some things go uncalled on both sides

Seriously. I thought besides a couple blown calls (happens every game) the refs did a good job at not calling Seattle for PI on every play. By rule they could call them for almost any contact, but today it was just football. 

Those same fans complaining about the refs today unanimously agreed that that pass to Golden Tate vs the Packers was "shared possession" and not an INT.

I don't think it is necessarily dirty, but they definitely push it to the point where they put the refs in a position where its almost like they have to avoid calling a lot stuff their DBs do to avoid bringing the game to a halt with penalties ... putting in the same realm as offensive holding almost.

Yep, and with the results they've been getting, excluding today, it might be sheer brilliance. The way you described it anyway. A lot of secondaries could take a page from their book...as long as they don't get too excessive, anyway.

True, and I guess that the fact that the Seahawk fans are complaining about the refs shows that. There is one guy on their site claiming that Reggie has stickum on his gloves.

I guess he's gotten away with stickum for 12 years or whatever it's been. Anyone that's watched him knows he makes ridonkulous catches.

Didn't mind most of the Seahawks fans pre game.

Holy cow I thought we were babies.

Reggie and TY both used stickum today apparently.

Cry more Seattle.

They don't lose much anymore...they don't react very well whenever they do lol.

Yeah, and the Colts will be sanctioned and Pete Carroll will feel a strong sense of deja vu haha

Pags will bolt to USC and leave the Colts in disarray.

Reggie is going to have to give his Heisman back too........wait what......

This isn't a complaint, and it has nothing to do with if the Colts won or lost.  The Seattle corners held arms, tugged on jerseys, punched to the shoulder, impeded forward motion, twisted shoulders all after the first 5 yards, and did this on virtually every passing play the Colts had from scrimmage  That can not be allowed. 

Play physical, but play within the rules.  It is not Seattle's fault that they are getting away with murder, it is the fault of the league.  They need to throw flags on every play until they stop.  If you look at the replays you can not come to any other conclusion other than the Seattle corners foul on virtually every pass play.

This is a problem for the NFL, not an issue relating to the Colt's winning or losing this game.  You can't molest receivers, and not have a flag thrown.....it changes the outcome of games.  Why do you think Seattle was undefeated going into this game. For whatever reason, their corners are allowed to molest on virtually every pass play the opponent tries.  That is not good for the game.

And yet they still couldn't cover TY deep, or Reggie in the clutch...

What the Seattle corners are doing isn't "dirty" or "cheating".  What they are doing is fouling on almost every single pass play.  Aggressive is another word for pushing the envelope between playing tight/physical and committing holding and P.I.   The Seattle corners are way past a reasonable threshold.  They down right foul receivers on virtually every pass play from scrimmage.

The referees have allowed them to play this way, and occansional throw a flag, but they get away with a whole lot of play in which they foul and no flag is thrown.  That changes the outcome of games, and does so in a significant way.  The NFL needs to look at what Seattle's corners do because it is in-your-face fouls, and they let them play under the umbrella of being physical corners.  The are throwing people off their routes, punching to the shoulder way past the 5 yard zone.  It is BLATANT AND OBVIOUS.  I hope someone at the NFL office understands that this is the kind of stuff that changes the outcome of offensive drives and therefore the outcome of games.

Yes, there are other teams that push that envelope in coverage as well, but Seattle's corners are the by far the worse offenders.

hahaha i love it...

their fans always talking big and bad like they have done something.. then after today on virtually every forum/site with comments they are whining.. hahaha i hate cry babies.. no character..

How many times do you see Colts fans whining? quite often