Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Seahawks Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm glad you mentioned across all sports. Not sure what it's like in NY, but here in Indiana parents are over the top when watching their kids play. It's as if the child's performance is a direct reflection on them as a person. Go to any high school basketball game and you'll see it. Parents red in the face screaming at the court, trying to bark directions... Saying nasty things to opposing players...    This past weekend I went in to my classroom to get some extra work finished. I'm just down the hall from our gym for scene setting. There was a youth basketball game going on, and I could hear the parents yelling so loud it almost sounded like they were hemorrhaging or something.    Newsflash to parents: Most players can't hear you. When they're in the zone and focused as a player, they don't notice what is being screamed about. The only one I could hear during a game was the coach. 
    • I think the word "felt guilty" came up.   Some people are suited to "serving the public".  They thrive on it.  From police officers to military people to politicians to civic and world leaders.   They don't necessarily do it for the limelight or fame or power, they sincerely like the idea of feeling important, of a bunch of people counting on them to do well.   And NFL QB has a lot of people wanting or even NEEDING him to do well.  60,000 people every Sunday at the stadium, and hundreds of thousands more all over the world.   Its a huge responsibility that some thrive on, and others don't want any part of.   Not that one person is better than the other, but either person is not suited for doing the other thing.   If you notice, Luck spends his time doing individual sports and not team sports.  Skiing, Cycling, Fishing.  He's not even doing individual sports competitively.   Nothing very social about the man, and that kind of personality must have found it stressful and borderline torture to have so many teammates counting on him and so many fans watching him every Sunday.   Yeah, that leg injury stuff had nothing to do with it.  His personality is just not suited to playing teams sports,  That's okay.  
    • I'd take Herbert. He is very good. A few bad games or even a bad season does not make him a bad QB.   I liked Baker. I'm not sure what happened to him. Why was he released? (While I was on the plane returning home, I saw the report.) Is Darnold or the formerly 3rd string guy going to start?   This same head coach released Sam Bradford around this time in the season when he coached the Cardinals for one year. It may just be a coincidence but perhaps he does not have patience with QBs. 
    • Yes our line was lacking.  He quit because of all the injuries and he had more money than he could spend in 10 lifetimes.   Lucky held onto the ball to much getting killed for it, and he ran a lot and got destroyed several times doing that.  Harbaugh Sold him as being able to make all the throws. Nope, he stank with touch and accuracy throwing short his first 3 years.  But Frank had him throwing well with quick passes, with a much improved o-line taking away a great deal of the injury risk.  What a shame, he quit anyway! 
    • Starting to sour on this draft class. At least one of them will end up being a gem, while the rest could be fools gold. I think the biggest issue is development. We are going to need a next level type of coach with NFL experience to get our rookie QB up to speed. If the organization expects instant gratification in this "one QB away from contention" mentality, we may just end up screwing up the whole process. 
  • Members

• B~Town

B~Town 309

• Blueblood23

Blueblood23 676

• strt182

strt182 846

• #12.

#12. 2,199

• CoachLite

CoachLite 908

• nmesc25