Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Seahawks Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Here is a blurb about the pressure from an article.   "With few positives to take from the performance, I wanted to discuss the offensive line and how they, along with quarterback Matt Ryan, failed to capitalize on an abysmal, league-worst Pittsburgh pass defense where the Colts were dominated at the line of scrimmage. It’s unfortunate to admit if you’re a Colts fan, but after Monday night’s showing, it’s fair to say that this offensive line is just bad. Steelers edge rusher T.J. Watt was the one that all pundits and analysts said the Colts must account for. However, he was mostly silenced. The true pressure came from the unaccounted linebackers and secondary. Ryan was hit a whopping 8 times during his 34 pass attempts, or once every 4 attempts. The Colts also surrendered 3 sacks from cornerback Arthur Maulet, safety Terrell Edmunds, and linebacker Alex Highsmith, each with 1.0. The Colts’ offensive protection was getting attacked from all levels of the Steelers defense, allowing Pittsburgh to pressure Ryan into some puzzling throws. For example, in the first quarter after taking initial possession, Ryan tossed a pressure-led interception to cornerback James Pierre. This would ultimately lead to a punt by the Steelers, but the fact that it happened with almost no possession time is alarming."   So there is about 20 percent pressure getting hit.  I found another article that said the pressure rate was under 20 which doesn't seem to make sense with the number of hits.  Pressures have a bit of subjectivity when counting them, but if he got hit 8 times, it's probably safe to assume there was pressure a number of times when he didn't get hit.    I couldn't find that 44 number but I thought I remember hearing it on the broadcast or somewhere. 
    • Yeah, for the most part if anybody standing behind a podium gets chippy with reporters, it's because the reporters deserve it.   My only agreement with Chloe was that I thought those particular responses about paying a G and WR vs oline were topics where fans would be interested to hear his reasoning.  Passing them off like he did seemed a little flippant towards the fan base...not that he necessary follows what we want to know, 
    • Cubs get Tallion,   Cards get Willson Contreras (5yr 87.5M)     AARON JUDGE returns to Yankees for 9yrs 360M, had the same offer from Giants but chose Yankees.
    • I think I heard 44% pressure rate on dropbacks or something like that.   Yeah Watt was largely contained really effectively by Smith that game.  Probably a combo of Smith's good play and Watt's injury recovery.
    • huh?   What makes you think I want to be GM Tfunk?
  • Members

• Shive

Shive 4,339

Moderators
    • HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan 694

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 15,494

• Shadow_Creek

Shadow_Creek 1,045

• jal8908

jal8908 0