Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 12th man vs. Seattles 12th Man

turner46992

Perched like a meringue pie in the middle of downtown Indianapolis, the RCA Dome is one of the loudest stadiums in the N.F.L. After the Steelers lost, 26-7, to the Colts here on Nov. 28, one Steelers official complained to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the Colts had amplified the fans' roar. The N.F.L. found no evidence to support that, although Commissioner Paul Tagliabue recently issued a memo saying teams could lose draft picks if they enhance stadium noise.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/sports/football/15colts.html?_r=0

The National Football League cleared the Colts on Monday of complaints made by the Patriots — and first reported by Yahoo Sports — that the Colts had pumped artificial crowd noise into the RCA Dome during Sunday’s game.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/06/sports/football/06patriots.html

The RCA Dome in Indianapolis was so loud that the Colts were accused of pumping in fake noise.  No one is accusing the Colts of doing that at the new Lucas Oil Stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/11/lucas-oil-stadium/

The dome of the RCA dome may come off this weekend. No, the Colts haven't decided to make this game an outdoor game. I'm saying this because the RCA dome is going to be the loudest it has ever been this Sunday and is probably going to be the loudest thing ever recorded on this earth.

http://www.aolnews.com/2007/01/20/the-dome-of-the-rca-dome-may-come-off-this-weekend/

When you see cameras going through the crowd at Lucas Oil, you can literally see tons of people just sitting there like they have know idea whats going, whos on the team, what a 1st down is, who anyone is outside of Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne and maybe Antoine Bethea is, we are no where near the level of loud and rauckus as several fan bases in the league if were being honest....Kinda sad really, I'd be all kinds of loud if I could afford to go to the games

That's just silly no stadium has people standing and cheering all game long. There is tons of down time like when there are commercials, time outs, in between scoring and there's no cheering on offense at all until after a play is made, but more importantly from my experience LOS gets plenty loud when it counts. It's cool of Matt to say the fans should cheer even when Seattle is in the huddle, and maybe some fan bases would, but I don't see it really happening, but don't make it sound so bad. These are still die hard Colts fans out there, they're going to cheer their team on with vigor. Some teams don't even fill every seat remember.

read my last sentence, I find it funny you would come off as arrogant as you do on a large amount of your posts

i understand not being able to afford tickets. I don't understand dogging the fans because you see them sitting on their hands coming off of a commercial break. I have been to several games and while LOS isn't as loud as the dome was, it gets plenty loud in there

When you see cameras going through the crowd at Lucas Oil, you can literally see tons of people just sitting there like they have know idea whats going, whos on the team, what a 1st down is, who anyone is outside of Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne and maybe Antoine Bethea is, we are no where near the level of loud and rauckus as several fan bases in the league if were being honest....Kinda sad really, I'd be all kinds of loud if I could afford to go to the games

i agree

our fanbase is pretty bad about getting up and getting loud.  it is pathetic