Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 12th man vs. Seattles 12th Man

turner46992

As Many of you have probably seen. Matt Hassleback made a video requesting us attending the game tomorrow to be as loud as we possibly can be. We are a pretty loud crowd usually but Matt went on to say we need to start getting loud while the team is in the huddle, not when they break to go to the line. Which at the dolphins game there was several times the crowd wasnt as loud until they lined up on the line. Chuck also requested we be as loud as we possible can be. Im sure the stadium will be rocking tomorrow come 1pm, I just want us to be as loud as we can to show seattle, their crowd doesnt have anything on us. Lets be Loud, Be Rowdy, and Enjoy this game tomorrow. This honestly didnt need to be a thread of its own, but I couldnt find a forum to just plug in my 2 sense 

We're nowhere near Seattle's 12th man. LOS can get loud, but not that loud

A huge part of their 12th man is the stadium itself and those fans know it was designed to be loud,which gives them more motivation to be louder.

I see Redding all the time trying to get fans on their feet and screaming.  It's almost like we've been "conditioned" for years of having an awful defense that we don't know how to properly support a good one.  I will be that guy in section 124 giving it my all, I hope the rest of you in attendance will do the same.

When you see cameras going through the crowd at Lucas Oil, you can literally see tons of people just sitting there like they have know idea whats going, whos on the team, what a 1st down is, who anyone is outside of Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne and maybe Antoine Bethea is, we are no where near the level of loud and rauckus as several fan bases in the league if were being honest....Kinda sad really, I'd be all kinds of loud if I could afford to go to the games

When you see cameras going through the crowd at Lucas Oil, you can literally see tons of people just sitting there like they have know idea whats going, whos on the team, what a 1st down is, who anyone is outside of Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne and maybe Antoine Bethea is, we are no where near the level of loud and rauckus as several fan bases in the league if were being honest....Kinda sad really, I'd be all kinds of loud if I could afford to go to the games

That's what I'm saying. I see what you're talking about. Some people just go to say they went. I'm only 19 but I'm DYING to get to Indianapolis one day in my lifetime.

Well they have no choice. The stadium has no drainage, and isn't weatherproofed...so if there's even a remote chance of rain they close the roof. Fine by me, it saved a lot of money on the cost of the place. I love open air, but this is the best of both worlds (when it's nice)

Isn't our stadium turf? Turf is dangerous when wet. Don't need Andrew Luck slipping on the hike transaction & tearing his acl

Plenty of outdoor stadiums have FieldTurf...it's much more like natural grass than the old AstroTurf. I don't think it getting wet puts the players in any more danger.

Nor do I think the lack of a crown in the field causes more injuries. That downhill slope is so slight it doesn't have much effect, IMO, on the players. I've seen some crazy high crowns on old HS football fields, and those may make a difference. I swear a place we played (Westfield?) in HS, you felt faster running towards the sidelines!

Plenty of outdoor stadiums have FieldTurf...it's much more like natural grass than the old AstroTurf. I don't think it getting wet puts the players in any more danger.

Nor do I think the lack of a crown in the field causes more injuries. That downhill slope is so slight it doesn't have much effect, IMO, on the players. I've seen some crazy high crowns on old HS football fields, and those may make a difference. I swear a place we played (Westfield?) in HS, you felt faster running towards the sidelines!

I mean I'm asking cause ive never been to LOS. But in my high school we had a turf field and anytime it rained we practiced inside or if it rained on gameday the game got delayed or cancelled

I hate all that closing the roof cause of rain crap, they are big boys, let um get dirty and nasty

You realize they close it because the stadium isn't water proof, and there is no irrigation right lol?

Not because they aren't big boys.

Seattle is really proud of that and they should helps there home team dominate.

Sure hope the colt fans that get to go the the game can be louder than seattle has ever heard when they have the ball. 

i predict 3 false starts on the hawks do to the crowd

Every section should have one person that stands up and screams it like it is "If you guys put it all out there, the Colts have a better chance to win". I'm not sure why that isn't stressed in all stadiums.

They call security on that guy.

Why is that though? The fans or stadium dimensions?

As Joker pointed out, the stadium is built for loudness. But at the same time you gotta realize the Seahawks fabs haven't had much to cheer for since Hasselbeck lead them to the super bowl (think that was him). And after that the Marshawn Lynch run that rocked the earth. They're just happy they can cheer for a team that's actually a threat in the NFL now

As Joker pointed out, the stadium is built for loudness. But at the same time you gotta realize the Seahawks fabs haven't had much to cheer for since Hasselbeck lead them to the super bowl (think that was him). And after that the Marshawn Lynch run that rocked the earth. They're just happy they can cheer for a team that's actually a threat in the NFL now

Colts fans are fat and happy. Figuratively speaking lol.

The Seahawks'  stadium, CenturyLink Park, is an open stadium so you can make a lost of noise even if the roof is open. I was at the game where they set a noise record, 136 db, in their win over the 49ers. They kept posting on the scoreboard how many false starts the other team had. There were a lot!! So it really helps to make noise.  Go Colts!!              alaskarich

it was hasselbeck but it was more because of shaun alexander.

Honestly our 12th man is not that great. I have been to several other stadiums and the fans don't even sit down..at all. We have to beg people in our section to get up on 3rd down when we are on defense. We have no cheers..well two..."Good for a Colts First Down" "Reggie" People all around my section would rather put their tickets on stubhub then sell them to people in their section that will bring home fans. I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. I wish the crowd would do more. During the Colts vs. Jets playoff game a couple years back there were 18 Jets fans around us. It was bad. 

Honestly our 12th man is not that great. I have been to several other stadiums and the fans don't even sit down..at all. We have to beg people in our section to get up on 3rd down when we are on defense. We have no cheers..well two..."Good for a Colts First Down" "Reggie" People all around my section would rather put their tickets on stubhub then sell them to people in their section that will bring home fans. I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. I wish the crowd would do more. During the Colts vs. Jets playoff game a couple years back there were 18 Jets fans around us. It was bad. 

They should just stress on the big screens to be loud. More than they already do. 

And yeah, that sucks. It should just be Colts fans with about 50 other fans scattered throughout. 

Fastest way to get dirty looks, unfortunately, is to be loud and encourage others to be loud in certain sections at LOS.

Fastest way to get dirty looks, unfortunately, is to be loud and encourage others to be loud in certain sections at LOS.

So asking/encouraging people to cheer for what's supposedly their "favorite" team is a bad thing?

What kind of fans is the security team letting in there?!

:Gaah:

So asking/encouraging people to cheer for what's supposedly their "favorite" team is a bad thing?

What kind of fans is the security team letting in there?!

:Gaah:

Trust me I was the "most annoying fan" in my section the Miami game because I stood up and cheer.

And furiously booed the refs lol.

i find it funny that you would criticize fans at the games when you have never been to either venue.

Our crowd can be kinda passive and quiet, actually. Lotta older folks sitting down, tinkering with their phones. I've actually been quite embarrassed by our crowd of late. 

I've had season tickets since 2005, and the Raiders game this year was pretty dang loud. Probably one of the loudest at LOS (not counting RCA Dome as RCA Dome was almost ALWAYS loud). Miami game wasn't that great this year though..

Hopefully this game is like the Raiders game in terms of loudness, and even more so!

Gotta say I agree with this. Every game I see it. The camera cuts to the crowd-shot during a big moment and the whole screen is filled with passive fans, sitting much the same as they would at home. Tinkering with their phones and/or just observing. 

One could say a lot of good things about Indy fans. But loud and crazy ain't one of 'em. 

If I'm not mistaken the stadium lacks proper drainage to be open while it is raining. Plus the less shadow the better... trust me.

Not sure about the drainage problem, that could be the case.  your definitly right about the shadow problem. It was miserable watching that during the preseason home games on some spots on the field

I see Redding all the time trying to get fans on their feet and screaming. It's almost like we've been "conditioned" for years of having an awful defense that we don't know how to properly support a good one. I will be that guy in section 124 giving it my all, I hope the rest of you in attendance will do the same.

The RCA dome was pretty wild

You must be sitting in some of the cheaper areas. It is like that in every stadium I have been to in the cheaper seats. People will take their younger children for the first time, and maybe they don't know much about football either so they are learning with their children. 

That said; you get in the season ticket holder areas (the majority of areas), where people show up every game, and people know what time it is. 

Please don't bash our fanbase; I remember there was a time early in Indianapolis Colts history when the away team took over the Dome, because they outnumbered Colts fans, especially Miami games. There was a time when I was the only Colts fan in Evansville, Indiana that I knew. I was certainly the only person in my high school who wore Colts gear. Evansville is roughly 3 hours from Indianapolis and when I69 is complete, it will be less than 2 hours. Now I see Colts gear, everywhere I go in Evansville. Our fan base has come a long way and we now have that second generation Indianapolis Colts fanbase, who we are currently teaching. This is not Chicago where we have multi-generations of fans. The interesting aspect of the AFC South is that we are all in a similar boat, as far as longevity goes.