Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 10/03 "30 Years Thursday"

sb41champs

This question has no other answer but Peyton freaking Manning. Without Peyton who knows if the Colts are even still in Indy. I still shudder at the thought of what this franchise would be like had we drafted Leaf instead of Manning.

Well, of course, my answer is Peyton. ;)

irsay

The Sheriff, #18, Mr. MVP Peyton Manning

No question Peyton

Jim Irsay. He had a vision about the team/organization and he made his vision come true. Plus he hired the best 2 young QB prospects of past 3 decades.

:sigh: you're all wrong. The best person of the past decade is obviously the guy who manages the football's. Without him, Peyton would be nothing. Football's are the most important thing in the game of football. Come on people, this should've been a no brainer question ;)

:funny:

This question has no other answer but Peyton freaking Manning. Without Peyton who knows if the Colts are even still in Indy.  I still shudder at the thought of what this franchise would be like had we drafted Leaf instead of Manning.

whaddya know...??  We Agree.  ;)

P.S.  Thanks for the other post, that dragged me back into posting again.  haha

:blueshoe:   I "deferred" my answer to my own question to today:

Actually - I feel that the past decade in Indianapolis has a 3-way TIE - 1 person - 1 player - and - 1 event !!

A.  PERSON: Owner Jim Irsay - The man clearly had a vision for this franchise and the product he placed on the football field for fans.  He brought in GM Bill Polian and together they built a Super Bowl champion from the ground up - literally.  He also POUNCED when the Tampa Bay Bucaneers ownership showed their incompetence by releasing Coach Tony Dungy.  The results speak for themselves.  Additionally - he took "the responsibility" for closing out one dynamic chapter of the Indianapolis Colts history - and - was willing to begin writing a second.

B.  PLAYER:  QB Peyton Manning - our first true "franchise QB".  His four NFL MVP Awards - plus - a Super Bowl XLI MVP Award speak volumes of his singular importance to our team.  I could write all day today - and - tomorrow about his civic and philanthropic endeavors for central Indiana - but - I'll "defer".

C.  EVENT:  Clearly the Super Bowl XLI championship was the "crowning achievement" for the Indianapolis Colts franchise.  The championship was a tribute to Jim Irsays vision - Peyton Manning's on-field prowess - and - Tony Dungy's leadership !!

The Super Bowl was icing on the cake but the win over the Pats after being down 21-3 is what stands out to me. That game was more exciting than the Super Bowl to me.

If you read Phil B.'s book his chapter about that game is called "our Super Bowl" and I think it's fitting!  Honestly if you listen to most players and coaches when asked about that game you can tell it means more to them than the Super Bowl game it's self in terms of a game.  I mean yes the Super Bowl is the goal and had we lost it the AFCCG would not have meant as much but I think the AFCCG is what sticks out the most when you think about that season and would probably be up there with the Monday Night Miracle, the 95 AFCCG, and the rest the starters game in terms of most memorable game of all time for the Indianapolis Colts.