Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Is The Chance That Jim Tressell Is Our Next Coach After Caldwell And Coyer Deliver The Defeated Season?

GoGoColts

zero.

Less than zero...

.....LeBron James will join the Browns before Tressel head coaches again anywhere..

He has won multiple national championships. Pete Carol is coaching and he ran a dirtier program than anyone. If Jim Caldwell can get a head coaching job with his track record, so can Tressell.

Zero, Caldwell will be the Colts coach next year even if they go 0-16. Coyer may not be back but Tressell won't be on teh sidelines.

After 0-16 somebody has to be fired. Coyer will be the first to go, if he even makes it through the season. Caldwell would be next.

He wears a sweater vest so it makes him a good coaching candidate for the Colts :)

It's cold without his vest, he will get it back sooner or later. I am just not sure if it will be the Colts or another team. I still think there is a shot of Caldwell returning next year.

I could see him being our defensive Coordinator. We will be on the market for one after this season. Larry "No Adjustment" Coyer is outta here.

If I recall, he's been an offensive guy his entire career. I imagine that'd be the only side he'd work on, but stranger things have happened.

I don't think he continues his "game day consultant" job....he either moves up the ranks or moves on. Something mentioned above about him being a offensive guy. On that note I think that he would do just as well as a defensive guy. If you are good at offense then you should know what it takes to have a successful defense. Juan Casteo of the Eagles just did this I believe...went from O-line coach(now its Howard Mudd) and switched to the D Coordinator. A great coach can coach anywhere on the field! And if Tressell can coach anywhere...he deserves to be a HEAD COACH. JMO! Either way...who knows what transpires after this season. Lets hope we win some games!!! GO COLTS!!!

ZERO. Let's organize a parade for getting CHUCKIE on board. He will only come aboard if we somehow, someway, win the Luck Lottery, which is highly doubtful. Manning could single-handedly ruin the franchise forever by coming back and winning a few games for us. I don't think he is that stupid, he will call it a year.

I honestly think there is some deeper seeded reason that Tressel was brought here and it wasn't to review replays in the booth. As far as bringing him in as a favor to a friend as someone mentioned, that is just as crazy, what has he done for Polian to deserve a 6 figure job as a friend? He gave insight into flawed players and oft injured ones, nothing worth a payback. I just think there is someone on the team who has a headcoach mentality and ability even if it is from level below the NFL, it is still froma bigtime program and he got his teams to play at a high level unlike ole Caldwell and his college team. We shall see and I still think the problem is from the top of this org and his iron fist, inflexible old style ways to operate. Unless the head coach is free to coach the team how he sees fit, Jimmy Johnson or Lombardi couldn't be very successful winning in their prime.