Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Who Dat" Saints Are Back!

King Colt

SF loses to the Colts and Texas keeps the lid on Seattle until the Texans implode so are the Saints the NFC favorite to go to the SB? I say YES.

Hard to argue that in my eyes, they have played good football. Still very early, but playing in the DOME is tough for any road team. If they do happen to get home field it won't shock me to see them playing in the Snow Bowl

Saints seem to be the real deal, may definitely be tops in NFC...

It may come down to the match up of Saints D versus Lynch/Seahawks running game & Sherman/Seahawks secondary versus Brees...

Hope they meet up in the playoffs...

Very good chance, having HC Payton back great for call playing on offense, Ryan as DC turned that d all around

In my opinion, DC Rob Ryan isn't getting enough credit for how quickly he turned that Saints defense around & to swarm the ball. I will concede that HC Sean Peyton hired Rob Ryan & he deserves credit for that. Personally, the NFC South is gonna be won by Ryan's defense. Rob never got enough credit in Cleveland or Dallas. I'd love to see the Saints crush Dallas in the Playoffs. I have always respected Rob as a brilliant defensive mind. 

He's just as aggressive as Rex without the clown antics or crazy press conferences with the media. 

Yup, that Pacific NW Secondary is an unstoppable beast. I agree 100% I felt JJ Watt's pain on Sunday. The Texans defense was ballin' & Matt Schaub threw the game away literally. Grr! 

Yeah, but this can be a learning experience. Now we take the number one defense to San Francisco and an angry offense that is ready to prove that they have what it takes to beat the big dogs. Can't Wait!!! haha

No. Also I hate the Saints.

That's fine Nobody. You can despise the Saints just like I detest Dallas to my core. It kills me to admit that this D is good enough to make the Playoffs, but they are. I can't lie. We all have a team we love to hate. 

I was glad to see Drew Brees slice up Miami, especially QB Ryan Tannehill, whose not a franchise field general to me at all. Overrated in college & should never have been taken so high in the draft. 

Yeah, but this can be a learning experience. Now we take the number one defense to San Francisco and an angry offense that is ready to prove that they have what it takes to beat the big dogs. Can't Wait!!! haha

Good point QuizBoy. Better to lay an egg after week 4 than week 8. Still plenty of time to fix it. SW1 would have loved to heard what JJ said to Matt in the locker room. I'll bet lots of colorful metaphors were flying. :funny: 

In all seriousness my friend, blowups like this are a good thing. Throw all the cards on the table. Air out disagreements. Clear the air & move forward. A lot of football is left.  

That's fine Nobody. You can despise the Saints just like I detest Dallas to my core. It kills me to admit that this D is good enough to make the Playoffs, but they are. I can't lie. We all have a team we love to hate. 

I was glad to see Drew Brees slice up Miami, especially QB Ryan Tannehill, whose not a franchise field general to me at all. Overrated in college & should never have been taken so high in the draft. 

I'm somebody, that hates the ain'ts also.............PPlus I dislike the city itself also..I better quit I feel something coming on.

If the Saints get home field they will probably go to the Super Bowl assuming they don't screwed by the refs a year after bounty gate.

Saints have a tougher road playing at Seahawks and at Patriots. We will see what they are made off when they play at Foxboro in a couple of weeks. Plus, they play on a short week at Atlanta later in the year (when possibly Roddy White and 3 key defenders would probably be back), remember when Brees' TD streak came to an end in Atlanta last year in a Thursday night game? I hate TNF games, to be honest.

Saints have a tougher road playing at Seahawks and at Patriots. We will see what they are made off when they play at Foxboro in a couple of weeks. Plus, they play on a short week at Atlanta later in the year (when possibly Roddy White and 3 key defenders would probably be back), remember when Brees' TD streak came to an end in Atlanta last year in a Thursday night game? I hate TNF games, to be honest.

Same...I absolutely loathe TNF games. Yeah at Seattle/NE will be good games for NO. I never really looked at their schedule. Still early though, has to be a few (non NFC East cough teams) who can jump in later and make it interesting. I am about done with the NFC East. You realize if the Giants win Sunday they are probably in the division race at 1-4?

Same...I absolutely loathe TNF games. Yeah at Seattle/NE will be good games for NO. I never really looked at their schedule. Still early though, has to be a few (non NFC East cough teams) who can jump in later and make it interesting. I am about done with the NFC East. You realize if the Giants win Sunday they are probably in the division race at 1-4?

The NFC East will be the division winner that gets a home playoff game with a 7-9 record this year. It's painful. As for the rest of the NFC?

The north has Detroit as a dark horse up and comer, and Chicago when Cutler feels like showing up. Green Bay won't be on the ropes for long either. 

The south of course has New Orleans, but may Atlanta can get that ship turned around, but if you sleep on Carolina, you're insane. That offense is good.

The West is a 2 man race between San Francisco and Seattle. Seattle has the early lead, but not sure if they are legit on the road yet.

NFC Playoffs will probably look like this:

1. New Orleans

2. Seattle

3. Chicago

4. Dallas

Wildcards: San Francisco and Green Bay/Detroit

If you want a dark horse to make things interesting in the NFC, Detroit is probably your best answer.

In my opinion, DC Rob Ryan isn't getting enough credit for how quickly he turned that Saints defense around & to swarm the ball. I will concede that HC Sean Peyton hired Rob Ryan & he deserves credit for that. Personally, the NFC South is gonna be won by Ryan's defense. Rob never got enough credit in Cleveland or Dallas. I'd love to see the Saints crush Dallas in the Playoffs. I have always respected Rob as a brilliant defensive mind. 

He's just as aggressive as Rex without the clown antics or crazy press conferences with the media. 

already out of likes, , must of done many yesterday late combined with ssome early today , sorry

true & amazing, I have no more likes sorry

The NFC East will be the division winner that gets a home playoff game with a 7-9 record this year. It's painful. As for the rest of the NFC?

The north has Detroit as a dark horse up and comer, and Chicago when Cutler feels like showing up. Green Bay won't be on the ropes for long either. 

The south of course has New Orleans, but may Atlanta can get that ship turned around, but if you sleep on Carolina, you're insane. That offense is good.

The West is a 2 man race between San Francisco and Seattle. Seattle has the early lead, but not sure if they are legit on the road yet.

NFC Playoffs will probably look like this:

1. New Orleans

2. Seattle

3. Chicago

4. Dallas

Wildcards: San Francisco and Green Bay/Detroit

If you want a dark horse to make things interesting in the NFC, Detroit is probably your best answer.

If you compare Seattle and New Orleans on the road, Saints got by a woeful Tampa Bay Bucs team 16-14 needing a last minute FG to win. Seattle however beat a much better Texans team coming from behind 3-20 to win on the road. You be the judge. Seattle is the better team, IMO, all around.

Guest TeamLoloJones

SF loses to the Colts and Texas keeps the lid on Seattle until the Texans implode so are the Saints the NFC favorite to go to the SB? I say YES.

If the Saints get home field, I'd take them to the SB...if the Seahawks get home field, then I would take them.

l suppose Saints fans will all be rooting for the Colts big time this weekend to get that first loss. :)

Also, I won't count out SF either. They have had a rockier start but could beat Seattle in SF and end up going on some streak we can't predict. A lot of football left ahead of us.

Atlanta I am much iffier on. I don't think this might be their year at the moment......if Carolina stops blowing more games I actually think they could become more interesting then Atlanta to watch.

NFC North is tougher. I am not sold on Chicago yet nor am I sure they have longevity. Packers may still get it together for a strong playoff run but Detroit is very interesting too. Don't forget if the pattern since 2002 holds true again this season then a team will go from last to first in their own division again. Detroit fits that bill right now if they can hold it together all season and not become the stupid old Lions again.

Its amazing that is the same offense as last year. Sean Payton is really an offensive genius. The mirror reflection of Belichek in the NFC. I always look forward to Saints/NE. There are only a few coaches out there I believe that really influence games...and he is ONE of them. The defense looks better I will admit...but to me defenses that live off turnovers are destined to fall flat. Sure every once in a blue moon you will get on a streak and run the playoffs but what happens when those turnovers don't happen....good teams that take care of the ball usually beat them. Its my problem with Chicago....the GB, NE, NO, SF, SEA, DEN of the world typically aren't going to give up turnovers or pick sixes lol...and usually good teams will show the Chicago/NO defenses for what they are....opportunistic....with no opportunities...they are just avg defenses. 

Don't say it too soon, we still have a long ways to go. It is nice to see my boys getting some respect on here, especially when so many Colts fans have to hate us for Tracy Porter a few years ago.

I just want to win the division and make the playoffs. Super Bowl can come after that happens. I don't want to think ahead, but so far I have been very impressed. The run game is something they desperately need to work on. Last year they tried to run it early on without Payton and I am just assuming with him back, they wanted to start pass heavy, and work on it later.

Defense has been a major improvement. Most of it has to do with Harper, Robinson, and Vilma being injured and out. When you take them out, the defense plays 100% better. They are learning how to really tackle now. It feels like a miracle that they now no longer just throw their bodies at a receiver and pray it makes them fall down.

You might be right but being angry has zero to do with the game. We Colts heard all about the angry 49ers and we seen how that worked out. Stats don't tell the whole story as we Colt fans witnessed from last season. The Texans are 3rd from the last in the AFC in giving up points and are minus 15 in point totals. I bring that up in only pointing out the stats and a team being so called angry has little to do with winning or losing. You are a Texan fan so I don't have to tell you that one play can turn the game on it's head. Good luck in Candlestick. 

You might be right but being angry has zero to do with the game. We Colts heard all about the angry 49ers and we seen how that worked out. Stats don't tell the whole story as we Colt fans witnessed from last season. The Texans are 3rd from the last in the AFC in giving up points and are minus 15 in point totals. I bring that up in only pointing out the stats and a team being so called angry has little to do with winning or losing. You are a Texan fan so I don't have to tell you that one play can turn the game on it's head. Good luck in Candlestick.

I wasn't being literal. But naturally when guys, especially highly talented guys, get embarassed they want to prove themselves. Sure stats don't always tell the whole story but we do have the #1 defense....and I expect us to frustrate Kaepernick like we did Wilson, minus any collapses. It's a statement game that I think we have to win.

I wasn't being literal. But naturally when guys, especially highly talented guys, get embarassed they want to prove themselves. Sure stats don't always tell the whole story but we do have the #1 defense....and I expect us to frustrate Kaepernick like we did Wilson, minus any collapses. It's a statement game that I think we have to win.

If you look at only yards. If you look at the defense as a whole, KC is actually #1.

Houston is still #2, but J/S

If you look at only yards. If you look at the defense as a whole, KC is actually #1.

Houston is still #2, but J/S

All of us can look at stats at point out or omit any one we want to to make our own point. The only stat that matters in the end is in the wins and losses. Bottom line is the only time stats do make a difference is seeding for the playoffs when ti comes that time. It all makes for good debate or points of views but Ws and Ls override any. 

All of us can look at stats at point out or omit any one we want to to make our own point. The only stat that matters in the end is in the wins and losses. Bottom line is the only time stats do make a difference is seeding for the playoffs when ti comes that time. It all makes for good debate or points of views but Ws and Ls override any. 

That mindset does nothing in figuring out where teams stand when they haven't played each other. It also ignores the ability to effectively gauge matchups and avoid the traps of homerism in picking games.

Plus its boring >: