Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You know what really grinds my gears?

bap1331

Andrew Luck  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which applies to Andrew Luck the most?

• Andrew Luck is the next Aaron Rodgers
    • -Andrew Luck is the combination of (insert Hall of Famer here) and (Insert Hall of Famer here)
    • Andrew Luck reminds me of John Elway
    • Andrew Luck is the next Peyton Manning
    • Andrew Luck is Andrew Luck!

When people say...

-Andrew Luck is the next Aaron Rodgers

-Andrew Luck is the combination of (insert Hall of Famer here) and (Insert Hall of Famer here)

-Andrew Luck reminds me of John Elway

-Andrew Luck is the next Peyton Manning

-Andrew Luck..............you get the point!

Why can't he be himself? So let's get this straight...

Andrew Luck is the next Andrew Luck.

When people say...

-Andrew Luck is the next Aaron Rodgers

-Andrew Luck is the combination of (insert Hall of Famer here) and (Insert Hall of Famer here)

-Andrew Luck reminds me of John Elway

-Andrew Luck is the next Peyton Manning

-Andrew Luck..............you get the point!

Why can't he be himself? So let's get this straight...

Andrew Luck is the next Andrew Luck.

Just because 4 = 4 doesn't mean that 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 can't equal 4.

Guest TeamLoloJones

You will hate me for saying this...but Andrew reminds me of Steve Young.  Replaced a legend.  He can run like Steve could. And is very likable off the field, just like Steve.  That's my opinion.

You will hate me for saying this...but Andrew reminds me of Steve Young.  Replaced a legend.  He can run like Steve could. And is very likable off the field, just like Steve.  That's my opinion.

well...you can atleast say hes a better version of Steve...

Guest TeamLoloJones

A better version of one of the best QBs in NFL history?  Why would I have to?  He could be as good as Young and still be one of the all time greats.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He reminds me of Jim Harbaugh only a lot better. 

Luck is magic in the 4th quarter that's for sure...instead of Captain Comeback we should call Luck "Colonel Clutch"

A better version of one of the best QBs in NFL history?  Why would I have to?  He could be as good as Young and still be one of the all time greats.

Was thinking the same thing myself honestly. There's a lot of parallels you can draw between Steve and Andrew.

As per the topic? That's just how things are. This is the NFL, and everyone who has high expectations is going to be compared to others who have already achieved great things. That's just how the human brain works, we quantify things by comparing it to what we already know. So for Andrew Luck to just be Andrew Luck and not compared to any previous NFL QB, he's going to have to accomplish things that no other NFL QB has done, and that's going to take a whole career. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Was thinking the same thing myself honestly. There's a lot of parallels you can draw between Steve and Andrew.

As per the topic? That's just how things are. This is the NFL, and everyone who has high expectations is going to be compared to others who have already achieved great things. That's just how the human brain works, we quantify things by comparing it to what we already know. So for Andrew Luck to just be Andrew Luck and not compared to any previous NFL QB, he's going to have to accomplish things that no other NFL QB has done, and that's going to take a whole career. 

Very well said...cheers.

I think the only comparison is Bobby Boucher. He has the arm(TD pass on the trick play in the Bourbon Bowl) and isn't afraid to hit people.

But in all seriousness, he shows bits and pieces of a few... I think his athleticism is under rated and comparable to Rodgers in that area.. Keeps plays alive like Big Ben use to be able to do.. And his intelligence can be compared to some of the top notch guys.. Plus he is just an all out gamer on the field

I think the only comparison is Bobby Boucher. He has the arm(TD pass on the trick play in the Bourbon Bowl) and isn't afraid to hit people.

But in all seriousness, he shows bits and pieces of a few... I think his athleticism is under rated and comparable to Rodgers in that area.. Keeps plays alive like Big Ben use to be able to do.. And his intelligence can be compared to some of the top notch guys.. Plus he is just an all out gamer on the field

Best foosball player ever.

agreed..  It remains to be seen if Luck will be able to become a better all around QB than any of the ones listed.  I do think that if a comparison has to be made, then I'd compare him most to Rodgers or Young.

Andrew Luck reminds me of a combination of athletes. He has the speed and elusiveness of RGIII. The weight, strength, and patience in the pocket of Ben Roethlisberger. Finally, the pocket presence and ability to sidestep defenders of Joe Montana, especially when stepping into the pocket.

Luck actually doesn't remind me of Peyton at all. Peyton was never quick. Rarely rolled out to the flats. Would never fight out of a sack, and sometimes even intentionally took a seat on the grass when he knew a hit was coming. Luck also doesn't run the no-huddle (yet).

Andrew Luck reminds me of a combination of athletes. He has the speed and elusiveness of RGIII. The weight, strength, and patience in the pocket of Ben Roethlisberger. Finally, the pocket presence and ability to sidestep defenders of Joe Montana, especially when stepping into the pocket.

Luck actually doesn't remind me of Peyton at all. Peyton was never quick. Rarely rolled out to the flats. Would never fight out of a sack, and sometimes even intentionally took a seat on the grass when he knew a hit was coming. Luck also doesn't run the no-huddle (yet).

Good call. He's got the intelligence to run it, once he gets another season under his belt and the system stays in place with this offense, we could see this mixed in as a more uptempo alternative to the offense when necessary. To be honest, it may be in his repertoire now, the Colts just haven't needed it all that much this season, as its been about grinding things out and bleeding the clock for the most part.

Better? A HOFer? A super bowl MVP? I think Luck is very good and might become one of the greatest but saying he is already better than one of the greatest is way too early. I know we all like Luck and most are Colts fans but please take the homer cap off. 

He has Peyton's brain, big Ben like elusive, and cerebral and athletic like Arron Rodgers

I would say a combination of Peyton's Brain, Big Ben's strength and Cam Newton's athleticism.  

I had it pointed out to me that Luck is actually significantly more athletic then Rodgers.  

He is his own man in the end.  But it's the NFL and in the NFL we constantly compare players to one another.  

He reminds me of a modern version of Elway.  He can move around and make big plays and is proving to be a master of the comeback.  If he turns out like Elway we are in great shape...

Just as long as he doesn't have to loose 3 SB's and wait until the end of his career to win 2 SB's

That would be brutal! :eek:

I said Joe Montegna

I don't think Luck is even close to those three players you named in those areas. He certainly can't read defenses or reset the team like Peyton can.

So you mean to tell me that a guy with only 21 games played isn't as good at reading defenses and making adjustments as a guy with 249 games played? That can't be!