Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wish we had Darren Sproles

AllYouNeedIsLuck

The same reason Polian never signed any other "big name" FA's...       no money.     

Manning, Harrison, Freeney..    and who ever else did not come cheap.

Indy will be right back in that boat in a few years.  

We had an opportunity to sign him and I dont think we showed any interest. Not sure why...

That was just silly letting him walk thinking Mathews was the answer.

Oh well...      Guess that's why Norv and JR are gone?  For decisions like that....      Vince Jackson anyone?

I am sure the Chargers wish they still had him too.

The same reason Polian never signed any other "big name" FA's...       no money.     

Manning, Harrison, Freeney..    and who ever else did not come cheap.

Indy will be right back in that boat in a few years.  

Not sure why you think the cap problems will become a problem again in a few years. Polian was obsessed with signing and keeping his guys and his guys only. Grigson seems much more fast and loose with trading and keeping the contracts either short or low on the cap, as per the Patriots. 

In all honesty, we'll see how it goes and there's no telling with the future, but keep in mind one of the big reasons Irsay gave the axe to Polian was his mismanagement of cap space and inability to cut the cord on high price players.

Not sure why you think the cap problems will become a problem again in a few years. Polian was obsessed with signing and keeping his guys and his guys only. Grigson seems much more fast and loose with trading and keeping the contracts either short or low on the cap, as per the Patriots.

In all honesty, we'll see how it goes and there's no telling with the future, but keep in mind one of the big reasons Irsay gave the axe to Polian was his mismanagement of cap space and inability to cut the cord on high price players.

i think it had a lot more to do with the backup qb situation

Guest TeamLoloJones

Sanders kid I'd get

Man...he's gonna get 2 goods years in David Shaw's system...he might end up being quite the interesting prospect in a few years.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I love "weapons" or "gadget" players like SProles, mccluster, Hawkins and Trindon Holliday.

De'Anthony Thomas anyone?

I don't think the cap room will be a problem as long as it is managed properly. We have quite a few guys on rookie deals that will probably be worth decent money... Luck, Hilton, Allen/Fleener, Vontae, Richardson, Freeman, Castonzo

Do I really have to explain this .... ??? 

;)

Do I really have to explain this .... ???

;)

Colts really are fine in terms of projected cap space. Luck and TY are the only ones who SHOULD demand big time deals down the line. Reggie will sadly be retired by that point. DHB may be gone after this year anyway. Bradshaw may or may not be back and T Richs contract is good for us now and down the line.

This is why I would rather part ways with Ballard, resign Bradshaw for next year, and then either resign Brown or find another speedy back.  Ballard wasn't a speed demon before injury, so he certainly won't be after.  We've got power with TRich and Bradshaw.  Put a speedy guy as a change of pace (Brown is actually really good in this role IMO) and that's pretty much the perfect combination.  Certainly would love a Sproles too but I don't see that happening.