Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recent Trend Of Pac 10 Qb Anti-Luck Thread

Have you taken a look at the teams that Stanford play? Duke? San Jose State? USC (It pains me to say bieng a fan)

The only team they play that is a challenge is Oragen and UCLA on a good day.

Luck is a great QB. Look at his stats...They are amazing. But that still proves nothing...ESPECIALLY IN THE PAC -10/12 AS OF RIGHT NOW, THEY HAVE ONLY 1 RANKED TEAM ON THIER SCHEDULE.

YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE POINT....STOP ACTING LIKE SOMEHOW THESE TALK SHOW HOST...WHO ARE NO MORE KNOWLEGABLE THAN ANYBODY ELSE WHO WATCHES ESPN ALL DAY AND NIGHT...HAVE THE FINAL WORD ON THE LEGACY OF LUCK.

THATS ALL I'M SAYING.

I mean, even our hero Peyton Manning basically co-signed the guy. I'm going with Peyton.

Do you realize how GARBAGE this team is without Peyton? It is gonna take a long time to fill those holes. Let's face it, we are gonna face some tough years in the future so getting high draft picks will not be a problem. Why not draft our "next" Peyton Manning and do what we can with the next picks to build for the future and help Peyton. We have 6 other high picks that will be able to contribute.

If we were serious about giving Peyton Manning a SB, we would have been drafting and signing players to FIX PROBLEMS rather than continue with the same ol same ol. Colts fans, including myself, don't want to admit it but the with this team's level of talent, Peyton's health and age, and the fact almost all the teams around us are getting better, it is going to be hard to hold the window of opportunity open. People do not realize the recent bad drafts and our lack of activity in FA has put us in a tight situation. Don't get me wrong, I bleed blue & white just like any other Colts fan, and I am from Baltimore so that just adds to my loyalty, but I look at things the way they are. I don't even think Peyton can win with this with all the injuries.

Thats what im saying. I just don't think people are taking into account that it is very possible that Manning will never finish out his contract. He will be 37 next season and coming off a serious injury to the NECK and that can not be stressed enough. This is not a knee or a shoulder, but his NECK with the hope of nerve regeneration. If this had just been another yr. that Manning was healthy and we were still sucking enough to get the 1st pick, then I would probably agree that we could wait another yr. or even 2 before we gave serious consideration to getting whatever QB we could, but with this injury and his age it just does not make any sense to pass on what could be the best QB to come out in the last 14 yrs.. People can not (or should not) just automatically assume Manning will play another 4 yrs. and finish his contract. History tells us differently, Marino, Montana, Elway all retired at 38 yrs. old. Very few QB's ever make it till age 40 and even when they do, they have usally lost much of their ability.

Edited by Balzer40

I am thinking these Luck vs. No Luck arguments have gone on far enough. Its starting to take an unhealthy turn in some of these threads. Suffice to say, some of us Believe you take the Franchise QB, some of us believe you rebuild the core with mulitple picks. Lets just leave it at that, or at least I will.