Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Players Would You Trade For Draft Picks?

theking213

It seems like everyone wants the Colts to draft someone different in the first and second round.

Andrew Luck

Alshon Jeffery

Vontaze Burfict

Dre Kirkpatrick

Morris Claiborne

Matt Kahil

Michael Brewster

Michael Floyd

I agree that there are some good looking prospects that are projected in the first and second rounds but we only have one pick in each round right now.

Which current Colts players do you think would be worth a first or second round pick to other teams?

It seems like everyone wants the Colts to draft someone different in the first and second round.

Andrew Luck

Alshon Jeffery

Vontaze Burfict

Dre Kirkpatrick

Morris Claiborne

Matt Kahil

Michael Brewster

Michael Floyd

I agree that there are some good looking prospects that are projected in the first and second rounds but we only have one pick in each round right now.

Which current Colts players do you think would be worth a first or second round pick to other teams?

anyone not named mathis, manning or freeney

anyone not named mathis, manning or freeney

Lol but being serious I think Pierre Garçon could be some good trade bait for a team picking in the mid 1st round.

Especially with the year he's having right now. Seems like Colts fans don't trust him though with all his drops and wouldn't miss him much.

Edited by theking213

Contrary to what people seem to think, we can't trade people who are disappointing us and hope to get much.

Dallas Clark is cold right now. He wouldn't bait a big tag. People will now question his age, his wrist, etc.

Melvin Bullitt is on IR, and wasn't playing that well anyway. He wouldn't fetch us anything worthwhile.

Anthony Gonzalez wouldn't net us anything significant.

Reggie Wayne is playing well, but he's on his last legs, is having a down year (because of the absence of his QB), and will want a retirement-style contract. He wouldn't gain us anything.

Gary Brackett has a small body that has betrayed him for a few years now. He wouldn't get us anything.

In other words, the types of trades people want to make just aren't there for us.

Our best bet would be to trade down - assuming we finish poorly enough to have a top 5 pick.

Contrary to what people seem to think, we can't trade people who are disappointing us and hope to get much.

Dallas Clark is cold right now. He wouldn't bait a big tag. People will now question his age, his wrist, etc.

Melvin Bullitt is on IR, and wasn't playing that well anyway. He wouldn't fetch us anything worthwhile.

Anthony Gonzalez wouldn't net us anything significant.

Reggie Wayne is playing well, but he's on his last legs, is having a down year (because of the absence of his QB), and will want a retirement-style contract. He wouldn't gain us anything.

Gary Brackett has a small body that has betrayed him for a few years now. He wouldn't get us anything.

In other words, the types of trades people want to make just aren't there for us.

Our best bet would be to trade down - assuming we finish poorly enough to have a top 5 pick.

correct!

fans always think their teams players are worth much more than they really are.

Mathis, Freeney, Manning, and perhaps Bethea, are the only players who would garner significant return. And I'm not willing to part with any of them, unless we get a huge bank of picks and/or players for Mathis. The others? Absolutely not.

Edited by doogansquest

If we packaged Wayne and Mathis in a trade to a team in superbowl contention, we could possibly get a 1st and maybe another low round pick in return. They are both set to be free agents at the end of the season, so it could be a wise move... I think Mathis is going to get some seriously high offers from other teams and there's a really good chance we won't be able to match them. With Wayne, there's a very realistic possibility that he'll want significantly more than we are willing to offer. Might as well get something good in return for them while we can, instead of potentially losing them and getting nothing in return...

Edited by jackbutton96

Mathis, Freeney, Manning, and perhaps Bethea, are the only players who would garner significant return. And I'm not willing to part with any of them, unless we get a huge bank of picks and/or players for Mathis. The others? Absolutely not.

manning will never be traded!

mathis is a free agent, so there won't be a trad there.

freeney is going to make 14.5 million in salary and cost the colts 5 million in cap money if they trade him (19.5 million cap number next year). it's VERY tough to trade older players with that kind of salary.

you would never get a 1st for bathea, so there's nothing to gain.

Jacob Tamme can get us a 3rd rounder. Gary Brackett could snag a 4th, Donald Brown could get a 5th. No real value, unless the Colts wanna trade a big name. They can get a first round pick for Reggie, but they should never trade him.

Jacob Tamme can get us a 3rd rounder. Gary Brackett could snag a 4th, Donald Brown could get a 5th. No real value, unless the Colts wanna trade a big name. They can get a first round pick for Reggie, but they should never trade him.

3rd for a backup te that hasn't played this year? never going to happen.

4th for a over payed small mlb coming of a injury? not going to happen.

5th for a 3rd string rb that has hardly played? not going to happen.

1st for a older wr on the decline who is probably going to want a big contract? not going to happen.

3rd for a backup te that hasn't played this year? never going to happen.

4th for a over payed small mlb coming of a injury? not going to happen.

5th for a 3rd string rb that has hardly played? not going to happen.

1st for a older wr on the decline who is probably going to want a big contract? not going to happen.

lol...you beat me to it...was pretty much going to say the exact same things. :D You'd have gotten a +1 from me but I've reached my quota of positives for the day. lol

Edited by Jason

What about Pierre Garcon?

I'm actually asking what his contract situation is because I don't know and no one is mentioning him in this thread so there's probably a reason why.

this is the last year of his contract. i believe he would be a restricted free agent.

If we packaged Wayne and Mathis in a trade to a team in superbowl contention, we could possibly get a 1st and maybe another low round pick in return. They are both set to be free agents at the end of the season, so it could be a wise move... I think Mathis is going to get some seriously high offers from other teams and there's a really good chance we won't be able to match them. With Wayne, there's a very realistic possibility that he'll want significantly more than we are willing to offer. Might as well get something good in return for them while we can, instead of potentially losing them and getting nothing in return...

I agree with you. I feel a healthy Manning is the only indespensable. Other than Peyton, only Freeney and Mathis are worth a high pick. I don't think Reggie and Dallas have much left in the tank. If the Colts want Luck, I think it's either Luck or Peyton. If Luck is drafted by the Colts, PM will go. With his contract and high salary is he legitimate trade bait and which teams would he agree to go to.

that actually could have been a possibility with Houston having just lost Andre Johnson and Mario Williams. Not sure they'd still be looking for another WR since they just traded for Derrick Mason but who knows.