Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Team is Really Moulding Together

Andy

Last year, the Colts had a very good team, but there was just a sense that the team had too many new faces and weren't complete. 

This year, it feels like they've been doing it together for years and everyone just feels comfortable in the system. Mathis looks very comfortable and is currently leading the NFL in sacks. The D-line is picking it up. Everyone is playing their part and it's a reason why the Colts have one of the best scoring defenses in the NFL.

I won't give out any stats yet because there's still a quarter left, but this is a better team. It may not show up on the record at the end of the year, or on paper, but still this is a better team than last year.

The coaches are doing a nice job, and these players are developing in the system.

The transition isn't officially over from the old era, but it's going very smoothly if you ask me.

What do you guys think?

Last year, the Colts had a very good team, but there was just a sense that the team had too many new faces and weren't complete. 

This year, it feels like they've been doing it together for years and everyone just feels comfortable in the system. Mathis looks very comfortable and is currently leading the NFL in sacks. The D-line is picking it up. Everyone is playing their part and it's a reason why the Colts have one of the best scoring defenses in the NFL.

I won't give out any stats yet because there's still a quarter left, but this is a better team. It may not show up on the record at the end of the year, or on paper, but still this is a better team than last year.

The coaches are doing a nice job, and these players are developing in the system.

The transition isn't officially over from the old era, but it's going very smoothly if you ask me.

What do you guys think?

I could not agree with you more. they are playing as a team, and they are doing it very well. this is what i think separates them from the rest of the NFL. still question Walden though, keeps getting beat on the edge. but overall the team is playing very good. they keep playing like this i think we can beat Seattle, Denver and Houston especially at home. speaking of Houston and Seattle (not trying to go off topic) but seattle just made a tremendous come back on Houston. possible we could be a lone at the top of the division after this weekend. 

Keep diggin' bustin and grinding!

The defense has been the most impressive.

I think if we can get another big WR and improve the OL more we could be a SB contender.

Hakeem Nicks anyone?

I think i would rather take Britt from houston before Nicks. that being said, we dont need anymore offensive weapons, we just need another interior lineman and we could compete. this team is already a couple years ahead of schedule 

I think i would rather take Britt from houston before Nicks. that being said, we dont need anymore offensive weapons, we just need another interior lineman and we could compete. this team is already a couple years ahead of schedule

I don't see us resigning Bradshaw and DHB..

Reggie is entering the last year of his contract.

We just gave up our first rounder for Trent..

We need another WR..

I don't buy the "Only 2nd game" stuff for Trich.

He's not bad, not by any means. He's really good in short yardage.

But there is nothing special about him. He's so incredibly average. Things that 6th and 6th round picks can do.

Again, he fits well with the rotation, especially with Bradshaw. But he's just nothing special

I don't buy the "Only 2nd game" stuff for Trich.

He's not bad, not by any means. He's really good in short yardage.

But there is nothing special about him. He's so incredibly average. Things that 6th and 6th round picks can do.

Again, he fits well with the rotation, especially with Bradshaw. But he's just nothing special

They keep wanting to run him in power formations and the one time they spread the defense out he runs for a 12 yard gain. Our offensive line still isn't consistent at taking on 8 man boxes. Get the safety out of the box with all these dumb power formations and let Trent get to the second level.

What do you guys think?

Agree mostly, all 3 phases seem to be clicking better but we still have streaks of inconsistent play. Some fans too will be down on Luck for not putting up the numbers like he was last year without seeing the bigger picture, which is to have a balanced attack without relying on a "gimmick" offense.

The most satisfying one for me is far is the D, in every game I they've showed massive improvement on last year, especially the secondary.

Still plenty of a way to go but it's exciting watching the plans start or come together. Not so much build the monster now but feed it up to make it big and strong :)

every tough/meaningful game I notice you pick against the Colts

That's not true at all.

I predicted a close loss to the 49ers last week, and in my pickem league, almost 95% of the people there predicted the 49ers would win too.

Nevertheless I still hope and pray that the Colts win every game.

I actually pick them to win more often than not, so you're wrong there.

That's not true at all.

I predicted a close loss to the 49ers last week, and in my pickem league, almost 95% of the people there predicted the 49ers would win too.

49ers over the Colts 35-20 is close?

I don't buy the "Only 2nd game" stuff for Trich.He's not bad, not by any means. He's really good in short yardage.But there is nothing special about him. He's so incredibly average. Things that 6th and 6th round picks can do.Again, he fits well with the rotation, especially with Bradshaw. But he's just nothing special

I have a feeling you'll be feeling regretting this statement later on in the year.

31-21 is pretty close...

And again, most of the forum thought the 49ers would win. I feel like you're questioning my fanhood too.

35, 31 whichever..when you comment and boast that "you" could have run in a TD as Trent Richardson did against the 49ers on his very 1st carry, no credit to the guy at all? I question your arrogance not fan hood.

35, 31 whichever..when you comment and boast that "you" could have run in a TD as Trent Richardson did against the 49ers on his very 1st carry, no credit to the guy at all? I question your arrogance not fan hood.

OMG, I hope people reading this see how freagin silly you look.

It was a 1 yard run, where the blocking was perfect and he was untouched. Saying I could do it was an expression, it means that it was a very easy carry. My God, it doesn't take a genius to know for God's sake.

Call me arrogant, whatever, when you start arguing that point, you just look dumb. I almost never get upset over the internet (actually I never do), but I have to admit, this clicked a button.

I think with RBs you have to consider what they are working with.  I didn't see a lot of holes today running on then the gaping hole that Brown got.  Last week, the Colts were making some nice holes for Bradshaw.  Unless you are Adrian Peterson, you are tied closely to your blocking.   I do think he is indecisive right now.  But I would guess that is because he is not sure of himself yet with the playbook.  I hope he hits the holes much quicker.

It was a 1 yard run, where the blocking was perfect and he was untouched. Saying I could do it was an expression, it means that it was a very easy carry. My God, it doesn't take a genius to know for God's sake.

Call me arrogant, whatever, when you start arguing that point, you just look dumb. I almost never get upset over the internet (actually I never do), but I have to admit, this clicked a button.

I wish I had your patients or whatever you want to call it. I seriously want to harm people with bodily injury every time I get on the forum, lol

I think with RBs you have to consider what they are working with. I didn't see a lot of holes today running on then the gaping hole that Brown got. Last week, the Colts were making some nice holes for Bradshaw. Unless you are Adrian Peterson, you are tied closely to your blocking. I do think he is indecisive right now. But I would guess that is because he is not sure of himself yet with the playbook. I hope he hits the holes much quicker.

Agree completely. I saw him miss a couple holes today. I think that will come. What I did see was a lot of power and if he breaks free he will be a load to take down.

I`ll take silly over arrogant. Calling it an argument is a little far fetched. Even in your comments here your arrogance kind of shines through. Anyways, the Colts are built to win any style of football now. They are no longer one dimensional as in years past and don't have to play defense with a lead. So yes, they are moulding together into a very good team which as the year wears on should strengthen them even more IF they make the playoffs which is very attainable. Jim Irsays "monster vision" is really coming into focus 

I`ll take silly over arrogant. Calling it an argument is a little far fetched. Even in your comments here your arrogance kind of shines through. Anyways, the Colts are built to win any style of football now. They are no longer one dimensional as in years past and don't have to play defense with a lead. So yes, they are moulding together into a very good team which as the year wears on should strengthen them even more IF they make the playoffs which is very attainable. Jim Irsays "monster vision" is really coming into focus 

Good, are we done here, or are you going to continue to search for any old comments of mine?

What do you guys think?

Then stop picking against them :scratch:

Huh?

every tough/meaningful game I notice you pick against the Colts

That's not true at all.

49ers over the Colts 35-20 is close?

31-21 is pretty close...

And again, most of the forum thought the 49ers would win. I feel like you're questioning my fanhood too.

3opoqy.jpg

Good, are we done here, or are you going to continue to search for any old comments of mine?

Just another example.. That's really hard to answer. Your arrogance and condescending attitude really gets under my skin and clicks my buttons likewise. But will do my best to refrain from comments to your future posts. No guarantees

Just another example.. That's really hard to answer. Your arrogance and condescending attitude really gets under my skin and clicks my buttons likewise. But will do my best to refrain from comments to your future posts. No guarantees

Well I don't like to be accused of something I didn't say/do. I'm done with this on the forum, if you want to continue this, PM me, don't keep going on the forum.

Guest TeamLoloJones

So, that's unfair. It will be his 3rd game against the Seahawks.

People are putting way to much emphasis on TRich's stats and YPC.  He's still doing his two main jobs very well.  Wearing down the defense and pass protecting.