Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now you know how important Richardson was

Colt-in-Jax

As much as I like Bradshaw, he can't stay healthy. He has a good game, misses 3. Had a few pro bowl caliber games, misses the last 6. Richardson can run, catch and block, 2 factors that we need. Add to that he stays on the field. Brown will be a very good #2 for us until Bradshaw can heal up again..

I wouldn't say Richardson is "important". If our offensive line could learn how to block every game like they did in the 49ers game wouldn't matter who's running the ball. People put too much into RB's. They're only as good as their offensive line. Unless their name is Barry Sanders

But to call the Richardson trade important is a bit far fetched

I wouldn't say Richardson is "important". If our offensive line could learn how to block every game like they did in the 49ers game wouldn't matter who's running the ball. People put too much into RB's. They're only as good as their offensive line. Unless their name is Barry Sanders

I wouldn't say important, but maybe along the lines of a necessity.

I get what you're saying about the O-line, but that would've left us with DB (who so many people want to run out of town with torches and pitchforks) and K-Willy (a completely unproven NFL back) as our only options.  Something tells me that doesn't leave too many defenses quaking in their cleats.

I wouldn't say important, but maybe along the lines of a necessity.

I get what you're saying about the O-line, but that would've left us with DB (who so many people want to run out of town with torches and pitchforks) and K-Willy (a completely unproven NFL back) as our only options. Something tells me that doesn't leave too many defenses quaking in their cleats.

Donald Brown is perfectly fine. And K Willy would've been fine. Yeah he's unproven but could've proved himself had given the opportunity. He ran well behind our 1st team offensive line in the preseason. But hey, Trent Richardson is here now so I just hope he's got the playbook down. Big role for him tomorrow hope he's ready for it

Donald Brown is perfectly fine. And K Willy would've been fine. Yeah he's unproven but could've proved himself had given the opportunity. He ran well behind our 1st team offensive line in the preseason. But hey, Trent Richardson is here now so I just hope he's got the playbook down. Big role for him tomorrow hope he's ready for it

I think the any rb can run behind a good line is hogwash. And Donald brown is far from fine. He dances around in the back field to much. He goes down like two hand touch. And he whiffs on blocks. More so last year and before. He has looked better this year. But I think a better rb will produce more behind that same good line.

Oh yeah, and give me Bo Jackson anyday!

Bulging disk in neck?  Ugh!!!!!  Bradshaw could be a real big problem here.  Without TRich, we are down to Donald Lowtier Brown. Let's hope he stays healthy until at least the Seattle game.  I don't look for Bradshaw to come back for a long, long time.  Just sounds like a nasty injury, similar to Peyton Manning's injury.

i agree and disagree with you. I think richardson is an important addition to the team. look at teams like Seattle, do you honestly think Russell WIlson would be as good as he is if he did not have a very good RB in Marshawn Lynch? I highly doubt it, because right now teams are stacking the box  to stop lynch and it opens up the play action game for Wilson. that is just one example...

my second example being, with the threat of richardson in the backfield takes the pressure off of luck. which helps a lot. it will keep luck from throwing the ball awhole lot, which decreases his chances of INT's. but also makes luck a threat in the play action game and allow him to throw the ball deeper down the field. a less pressured Luck = a better and healthier luck in the long run. and come next year we will have prob one of the best 1,2,3 punch RB group in the league when ballard comes back. or it leaves one of our RB's open for trade during the off season, and if bradshaw keeps playing like he did the last game, his trade stock could rise with him only being 27 yrs old. 

I think the any rb can run behind a good line is hogwash. And Donald brown is far from fine. He dances around in the back field to much. He goes down like two hand touch. And he whiffs on blocks. More so last year and before. He has looked better this year. But I think a better rb will produce more behind that same good line.

Oh yeah, and give me Bo Jackson anyday!

I Agree, there is more to being a good or great RB then having a good offensive line. gotta have explosiveness, good instincts, the smarts to know when a hole is going to close and need to change direction. saying a RB needs a good line to be good is like saying a QB needs a line to be good. we all saw how good Andrew Luck could be with out a great line. yes his INT's were high but he still had 23 TD's and 4,000+ yards in the yard. 

Common misconception. Bradshaw has a history of being on the injury report, but not missing games

He's never started a full season in his entire career.  He's only had more then 200 carries twice.  Where's the misconception?  

Bradshaw is talented and he's a warrior, but his reputation for injuries is well earned.

The thing I liked about Richardson is that he is a really good pass blocker too. Brown makes me nervous when he's in there on passing downs. I do like the fact that he came in and gave us a couple of nice runs last week. He is a different type of runner than Bradshaw and Richardson. He is not an every down back who can carry the load for you but he can come in for 10 or 12 plays and be effective I think.

Really?  U do realize Williams and Donald Brown are behind Bradshaw right?  Williams has little experience and didn't look good at all in the preseason Brown obviously hasn't amounted to much in his 4 or 5 years with the Colts.

By missing the Jax game Bradshaw is showing why the trade was extremely important.

If u are cool with Donald Brown being the starter u haven't been paying attention the last few years.

Really?  U do realize Williams and Donald Brown are behind Bradshaw right?  Williams has little experience and didn't look good at all in the preseason Brown obviously hasn't amounted to much in his 4 or 5 years with the Colts.

By missing the Jax game Bradshaw is showing why the trade was extremely important.

If u are cool with Donald Brown being the starter u haven't been paying attention the last few years.

Ya, I don't think it can be argued that after Vick Ballard went down that something had to be done. Brown is a OK RB but as I stated he can't be your #1 guy. I'm hoping that over the next few weeks Richardson settles in and gets comfortable and has a great year. He didn't look too good last week but I think we ran 80% of the time he came into the game and it telegraphed to the defense it was going to be a run. With him getting more touches this week(I assume that anyway)hopefully he's more effective.

The Richardson trade is very important, IMO,  because it told the team that the owner/GM/head coach all believe in them and believe that this is a playoff caliber team.

The Colts played with great energy against the 49ers.   They played like a team on a mission, and with purpose.    I attribute that directly to the Richardson trade.

It's always important who the running back is,  not only when it's Barry Sanders.    Not all backs are created equal....

He's never started a full season in his entire career.  He's only had more then 200 carries twice.  Where's the misconception?  

Bradshaw is talented and he's a warrior, but his reputation for injuries is well earned.

Sundays game will be the 9th game he has missed since he started playing in 2007. Your comment about him never starting a full season is wrong. He started every game in 2010. 

He's never had a backfield to himself. Yea hes never played a full season, but hes never missed a lot of time

The thing I liked about Richardson is that he is a really good pass blocker too. Brown makes me nervous when he's in there on passing downs. I do like the fact that he came in and gave us a couple of nice runs last week. He is a different type of runner than Bradshaw and Richardson. He is not an every down back who can carry the load for you but he can come in for 10 or 12 plays and be effective I think.

All very true but some reason Brown gets put in on passing downs, worrying.

Puff, puff, pass.

I'm, not sure we watched the same game. Bradshaw was a beast against the 9ers. He was making people miss, cutting hard towards holes and hitting them with authority. he knew where the first down marker was. I don't think any old back would get that done. Give him some credit

Sundays game will be the 9th game he has missed since he started playing in 2007. Your comment about him never starting a full season is wrong. He started every game in 2010. 

He has never started a full season.  What I said is 100% true.  11 starts and 276 carries (most in his career) in 2010, you don't even need to look it up.  He played in 16 games, but they limited his starts and his carries in a few games because of...  

what for it...

injuries.

He runs with reckless abandon.  He gets hurt.  Big deal, he's a great player when he gets the ball.

i agree and disagree with you. I think richardson is an important addition to the team. look at teams like Seattle, do you honestly think Russell WIlson would be as good as he is if he did not have a very good RB in Marshawn Lynch? I highly doubt it, because right now teams are stacking the box  to stop lynch and it opens up the play action game for Wilson. that is just one example...

my second example being, with the threat of richardson in the backfield takes the pressure off of luck. which helps a lot. it will keep luck from throwing the ball awhole lot, which decreases his chances of INT's. but also makes luck a threat in the play action game and allow him to throw the ball deeper down the field. a less pressured Luck = a better and healthier luck in the long run. and come next year we will have prob one of the best 1,2,3 punch RB group in the league when ballard comes back. or it leaves one of our RB's open for trade during the off season, and if bradshaw keeps playing like he did the last game, his trade stock could rise with him only being 27 yrs old. 

Richardson has not proven to be a threat running the ball yet in the NFL, Teams have not stacked the box against him alot, some yes, alot no. I get he ran for 950 yards his rookie year but it took him 267 carries to do it, Doug Martin ran for 1454 yards his rookie year with only 52 more carries  with Nicks(thats 500 more yards then Richardson  on only 52 carries) playing only 7 games and Joseph out all season last year, Richardson just being in the backfield wont take pressure off Luck, Martin and Lynch both have much better vision and decision making then Richardson at this point

As much as I like Bradshaw, he can't stay healthy. He has a good game, misses 3. Had a few pro bowl caliber games, misses the last 6. Richardson can run, catch and block, 2 factors that we need. Add to that he stays on the field. Brown will be a very good #2 for us until Bradshaw can heal up again..

Bradshaw usually plays hurt..

We need him more next week anyway.

As much as I agree with you T, I personally would much rather see Trent in the lineup along with DB vs DB and K Will.

I think we will see Trent's potential in full force tomorrow. Hopefully the OL will play adequate and open up some nice lanes and not get Andrew killed.

Hopefully he can take a note from Bradshaw and be a very angry runner.

As much as I agree with you T, I personally would much rather see Trent in the lineup along with DB vs DB and K Will.

I think we will see Trent's potential in full force tomorrow. Hopefully the OL will play adequate and open up some nice lanes and not get Andrew killed.

I agree with that. I was just pointing out any RB can do well behind a good oline. But Trent Richardson definitely is more of a threat than Donald Brown hands down. Not taking anything from Donald Brown cause he played well last week. Now he's gotta play well this week as he'll have a bigger role.

I agree with that. I was just pointing out any RB can do well behind a good oline. But Trent Richardson definitely is more of a threat than Donald Brown hands down. Not taking anything from Donald Brown cause he played well last week. Now he's gotta play well this week as he'll have a bigger role.

I really love it when we use DB on the outside or if he can manage to get into space. Two completely diff runners, one bruiser and one home run threat. The OL just needs to learn to be a cohesive consistant unit.

Here's hoping that Satele doesn't get pushed around haha!!!!

I really love it when we use DB on the outside or if he can manage to get into space. Two completely diff runners, one bruiser and one home run threat. The OL just needs to learn to be a cohesive consistant unit.

Here's hoping that Satele doesn't get pushed around haha!!!!

Man, Satele needs to be off the team period or on the bench. Let McGlynn start. That same lineup from Sunday should be out there tomorrow but we all know that won't happen. First AQ Shipley, now McGlynn have came in & outshined Satele

He has never started a full season.  What I said is 100% true.  11 starts and 276 carries (most in his career) in 2010, you don't even need to look it up.  He played in 16 games, but they limited his starts and his carries in a few games because of...  

what for it...

injuries.

He runs with reckless abandon.  He gets hurt.  Big deal, he's a great player when he gets the ball.

How cute of you.

Man, Satele needs to be off the team period or on the bench. Let McGlynn start. That same lineup from Sunday should be out there tomorrow but we all know that won't happen. First AQ Shipley, now McGlynn have came in & outshined Satele

Satele is too costly to sit...it is that simple. 

He is making $2.7M base plus $1.07M signing bonus this year with $2.13M dead money.

This year he is here...next year is is GONE!

what for it...

injuries.

He has played in 84 of 96 games since coming into the NFL...tomorrow will be his 13th game missed, Edgerrin James had missed 12 games by his 4th year in the league, The number of games Bradshaw has missed is overblown especially when you consider that no one complains about Edges injury history, Lets not forget Bradshaw was a backup to Brandon Jacobs to for a stretch

Satele is too costly to sit...it is that simple.

He is making $2.7M base plus $1.07M signing bonus this year with $2.13M dead money.

This year he is here...next year is is GONE!

So you're saying our front office believes that money is more important than the safety of our franchise QB & the production of the team?

I don't care how much we're paying someone. You either got it or lack it, & Satele lacks it

He has played in 84 of 96 games since coming into the NFL...tomorrow will be his 13th game missed, Edgerrin James had missed 12 games by his 4th year in the league, The number of games Bradshaw has missed is overblown especially when you consider that no one complains about Edges injury history, Lets not forget Bradshaw was a backup to Brandon Jacobs to for a stretch

Preach Gavin! :clap: