Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Bring Back Dan Muir

Steagles

Not only that...with Eric Foster out they had to get SOMEONE to do the pregame dance!! I mean, I had to do it alone in the stands on Sunday (it wasn't pretty...) :jump:

Seriously, we need a little bit of "emotional fire" back on the team, and on the D in particular. Muir always brought that, just as Foster did. Hopefully his energy will be something fresh and something the other players can feed off of.

idk about that, he's better than anderson or brayton at DT and it definitely gives some other players breathers.

Yup yup. Another man in the rotation while he is no stud he is better than a tired DE trying to play DT

Didn't realize that he got cut by the Rams. Glad to have him back, should be a nice fit while Foster is gone and Nevis is healing. Should be gone by the end of the year.

Yeah a motor guy like Foster. Just a stop gap I think, unless he shows us something.

Backwards instead of forwards.

Caldwell and Polian STRIKE AGAIN!

Absolute garbage. I know that Polian & Caldwell are easy to bash right now and some of it is deserved but this ain't one of those times. Five games in and the defense resembles a MASH unit. They currently have DE's playing DT. What would you have them do? Who is out there that can fill the need? Should they have signed Suh instead?

Muir knows the system (although I think the system needs to be changed) and when healthy, he had his moments of being reasonably solid. The Colts are depleted at DT and bringing back Muir, although not a long term answer at DT, it seems like a prudent move to me to help stabilize the interior DL rotation.

Absolute garbage. I know that Polian & Caldwell are easy to bash right now and some of it is deserved but this ain't one of those times. Five games in and the defense resembles a MASH unit. They currently have DE's playing DT. What would you have them do? Who is out there that can fill the need? Should they have signed Suh instead?

Agreed...some people have such blind hate for Caldwell and/or Polian it's almost laughable. How can someone really criticize bringing back a guy like Muir who has played in our system and can play immediately, which is exactly what we need with the rash of injuries to our interior DL.

Wow. What a terrible signing. Muir is awful.

I'd much rather have John Gill

I concur. Muir gets manhandled entirely too easily for his size. Gill showed a solid upside and can actually anchor. My opinion is that they should spend some of this year trying out a few of the younger guys instead of retreads like Muir.

I concur. Muir gets manhandled entirely too easily for his size. Gill showed a solid upside and can actually anchor. My opinion is that they should spend some of this year trying out a few of the younger guys instead of retreads like Muir.

I don't think Muir is going to be taking away any playing time from guys like Moala, Nevis (when he returns), AJ or even Mathews....I don't think they're trying to "fix" anything by bringing in Muir more than they're simply trying to add some depth to give the current guys a breather once in a while and keep them fresh. If Muir gets playing time from anyone it will be Anderson and Brayton because we'll no longer need them to play out of position at DT.