Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

this is why we need joseph addai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coltsuser21

His biggest pros are his pass blocking and ability to catch.

From a strictly rushing standpoint, he's ok. He can't make something out of nothing which is what our blockers give 99% of the time. Addai is a decent back, but not very good or much less great and not a necessity to the team. What we need is BLOCKING.

If we had even a mediocre OL to open some holes our backs could have a field day. Teams always play the pass due to you know who. Even so, any back not named Walter Payton/Barry Sanders/Jim Brown is going to have trouble behind this line. Hopefully it's better this season, but it hasn't been adequate/good since Edge's days here.

by the way in the recieving game he averages 7.7 yards per catch in is career average and this year he boosted his rushing average atempt to 4.3 with the crappy o-line we got

And again, he's a decent back. I just don't consider him very good/special/great or a necessity to the team. Plus, he does have durability issues.

Pending how much he's asking for, sure, why not resign him? If he asks for more than he's worth rather than giving it to him I'd rather see that $$$ go to an OL that can open some holes.

One of the best, if not the best blocking RB and catching out of the backfield.

He's OK when it comes to running, he has shown signs of greatness at times when healthy, and hopefully with an improved OL next year Addai can make some things happen.

I hope we're able to re-sign Addai.

His biggest pros are his pass blocking and ability to catch.

From a strictly rushing standpoint, he's ok. He can't make something out of nothing which is what our blockers give 99% of the time. Addai is a decent back, but not very good or much less great and not a necessity to the team. What we need is BLOCKING.

If we had even a mediocre OL to open some holes our backs could have a field day. Teams always play the pass due to you know who. Even so, any back not named Walter Payton/Barry Sanders/Jim Brown is going to have trouble behind this line. Hopefully it's better this season, but it hasn't been adequate/good since Edge's days here.

Jim Brown would have that much trouble as u think , i watched him, he was so strong he would knock out the tacklers

Everybody's talking bout blocking blocking, dont nobody care about that man, its not gonna get you yards running the ball and thats what a back does. Sanders had a horrible line yet he's still in the Hall, my point is the lines been bad but not atrocious there have been holes yet none of the backs produced. As hard as it is for me to say but the colts dont have a standout back as much as i like Donald he isnt it. Let Addai go to another team and he starts a few games but after that he becomes a backup.

i do think addai is important to the team, but the reason i think the colts will resign him is because of lack of options. brown had his shot to show what he can do and he sucked not to mention he might get peyton killed one day with his horrible blocking skills.

Everybody's talking bout blocking blocking, dont nobody care about that man, its not gonna get you yards running the ball and thats what a back does. Sanders had a horrible line yet he's still in the Hall, my point is the lines been bad but not atrocious there have been holes yet none of the backs produced. As hard as it is for me to say but the colts dont have a standout back as much as i like Donald he isnt it. Let Addai go to another team and he starts a few games but after that he becomes a backup.

That's right, blocking doesn't matter. We just need to bring Barry Sanders out of retirement and we'll be fine.

Yikes.

This is 100% bogus. What your saying is to sign second rate linemen, and in turn sign Barry Sanders. Barry was Barry, and those types of backs come around once every 10+ years. But like this thread has already mentioned, a good offensive line does so much for you. They give your qb longer to throw, they give your backs holes and less defenders to break tackles from. A "stand out back" is not the true ailment of this colts offense.

We should be able to keep Addai for a bargain price. Brown was horrible last year. Addai brings experience to the RB's, and has good Pass Blocking and catching skills. I wouldn't over pay for him though. Maybe like 4-5 million a year. If we are gonna spend more money than that on an RB i would look elsewhere. Steve Slanton would be a good pick for a budget RB, Tomlinson or Thomas Jones would be worth the risk cause we could get them cheap. Why don't we try a bruiser back a Ryan Torian/Brandon Jacobs type back? We could put fear back into the running game. That would be nasty!!!!

We should be able to keep Addai for a bargain price. Brown was horrible last year. Addai brings experience to the RB's, and has good Pass Blocking and catching skills. I wouldn't over pay for him though. Maybe like 4-5 million a year. If we are gonna spend more money than that on an RB i would look elsewhere. Steve Slanton would be a good pick for a budget RB, Tomlinson or Thomas Jones would be worth the risk cause we could get them cheap. Why don't we try a bruiser back a Ryan Torian/Brandon Jacobs type back? We could put fear back into the running game. That would be nasty!!!!

I don't get what the NFL does with Thomas Jones. Everywhere he goes, he is successful, but teams always release him at the end of his contract. He played well in Chicago, played well in NY and played well in KC.

As for the bruiser running back, we have Carter for that. I don't think we will spend big money to go after a FA

I guess the real question is, if Manning ask/tells them he wants Addai signed, will they do it just on that fact alone? I know he tried to get to keep James, but he wanted a lot of money. Addai isn't going to break the bank to keep him and most likely won't see a lot of offers from teams outside the Colts.

Hidden

Actually his post was pretty spot on. You mad bro?

yeah actually i was mad @ the world last nite n took it out on a poster..just seemed painfully obvious what he was saying..its not right..im better than that..and im better 2day

i do agree with what yall are talking about 2day w a bruising rb..i think jerome harrison would be cheap cheap cheap..n not as many miles on the tires like jacobs n such..plus he has big game ability as we saw not only w clev but some flashes in philly (4.8 career avg i believe)..there are plenty of good backs out there that r on the cheap this year..who else have you guys seen that may fit in nicely besides addai..suggestions? btw we wont get bradshaw..i wish but it aint happenin..2 much moolah

Nah bros, we're good. Carter will be great for short yardage, and Addai, when healthy and behind a good o-line, is a very consistent solid back. I don't see much room for Donald. I'd like to see Addai, Carter, and a very fast home run hitting back as our lineup. Our main focus should be the o-line though, cause good backs can look horrible behind a bad o-line. CJ is one smaller back that I've seen be a beast while his o-line was playing like crap. One time the o-line let like 3 guys through so he changed directions completely, went around the entire o-line and ran for like 25 yards. Just insane how that guy makes something out of nothing. His motor never stops, kinda like MJD, just faster and larger.

Adai is another stutter stepper. We need a staight on runner. Going sideways nets nothing. I know...the off. line but while you are going sideways the def. is headed straight toward you. We drafted off line help so sign Marion Barber now for third and fourth downs. We were 29th in rushing lasy year!!! Time to shed dead weight

Adai is another stutter stepper. We need a staight on runner. Going sideways nets nothing. I know...the off. line but while you are going sideways the def. is headed straight toward you. We drafted off line help so sign Marion Barber now for third and fourth downs. We were 29th in rushing lasy year!!! Time to shed dead weight

My understanding is this is why we drafted Carter. He is a north/south runner and just what we needed.

When Brown finds a hole, he's dangerous...he is MUCH faster than Addai...downhill runner! (See how quickly 3 Skins caught up to Addai in that video when he got in the clear.) If we had a good O-line, pass blocking and receiving from Addai wouldn't be needed like it is now. Who would you rather have running down an open hole, Addai or Brown? I personally like Brown in that situation...he's quick. But for now, until the new O-line proves itself, I think Addai is the best fit...his blocking/rec skills are needed at this time.

What is with the love affair for Marion Barber? He's not good. Carter should easily be better than Barber on 3rd and 4th downs.

It doesn't matter, there's no chance the Colts will sign Barber.