Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

7th ranked team defense

BronxColtNYC

Hey defense played great but we got a huge assist from the fact the 49ers receivers are awful right now because of all the injuries they have had and for some reason the 49ers kept trying to force the pass in a one score game despite the fact that they had an extremely successful drive early in the game where they just ran the ball right down our throats.  To the point it's being reported tonight that Gore had words with Harbaugh towards the end of the game. 

Hey defense played great but we got a huge assist from the fact the 49ers receivers are awful right now because of all the injuries they have had and for some reason the 49ers kept trying to force the pass in a one score game despite the fact that they had an extremely successful drive early in the game where they just ran the ball right down our throats.  To the point it's being reported tonight that Gore had words with Harbaugh towards the end of the game. 

interesting

Yeah and we play Seattle in two weeks can't wait for that one

We get it at home and the Seahawks aren't the same team away from home.  They are kinda like the our old Colts team they play a lot off the emotion their home crowd gives them and they wont have that in our house.  Honestly if we beat the Jags next week we go to 3-1 and October doesn't look as scary as it once did.

We get it at home and the Seahawks aren't the same team away from home.  They are kinda like the our old Colts team they play a lot off the emotion their home crowd gives them and they wont have that in our house.  Honestly if we beat the Jags next week we go to 3-1 and October doesn't look as scary as it once did.

I go by quarters and being 3 and 1 in the first quarter is pretty good. But we aren't there yet one more to go. 

I go by quarters and being 3 and 1 in the first quarter is pretty good. But we aren't there yet one more to go. 

Yep and since Luck's been here this team does tend to play to the level of it's competition.  We lost to the Jags last year at home we could easily lose to them again if we don't play well. 

I'm wondering when Pagano will cut these guys loose and get exotic, especially on pass plays.  Zone blitzes, overloading one side, guys standing up and moving around prior to the rush, 7 guys on the line and letting the oline guess where they're coming from (I think we did that one today).  You know, the way they played D in Baltimore under him.

Anyway, I'm glad how they played today, but I'd still like us to get more pressure on the QB a bit more consistently.  And before anyone says it, I'm THRILLED they won.   :thmup:

ummm don't get me wrong we did GREAT and all but i'm not use to being 26th in the league in passing yards...that needs to go waaay up to at least 18th or something... luck needs to throw more

3 games into the season those stats mean next to nothing

ummm don't get me wrong we did GREAT and all but i'm not use to being 26th in the league in passing yards...that needs to go waaay up to at least 18th or something... luck needs to throw more

when the run game works as well as it did yesterday, you don't need to throw the football that much.. just look at the time of possession, colts dominated with the run..

although i think i never saw colts play this kind of game, and will take some time getting used to it, i have no problem at all with luck finishing games with 200 yards (no interceptions), if we win the game..

and i don't care where our passing game ranks yardage-wise, as long as luck makes the crucial 1st downs..

would have never imagined it.  Bob Lamey was all over em when san fran scored right out ot the gate.

I love the fact that Bob Lamey pretty much tells it like it is.  Listening to Bob's call of a game you can almost "see" the game unfold right in front of you.  He's one of the best play-by-play guys I've ever heard. I just wish that the delay in the streaming audio from the Colt's stations was not so far off of the Sunday Ticket or network TV broadcasts.  I would really love to be able to turn off the TV sound and listen to game call on the radio. I still listen to the pre- and post-game radio broadcasts because they're sooooo much better than what you can get from the talking heads on TV.

We are 7th in points allowed too. Out of the teams that have not played a rookie QB or the Jags, the Saints and the Colts are probably the highest ranked D in that top 7, IMO.

Patriots, Panthers, Seahawks, Chiefs have all either played the Jags or rookie QBs.

Great job Colts D!!!

We are 7th in points allowed too. Out of the teams that have not played a rookie QB or the Jags, the Saints and the Colts are probably the highest ranked D in that top 7, IMO.

Patriots, Panthers, Seahawks, Chiefs have all either played the Jags or rookie QBs.

Great job Colts D!!!

Sorry, forgot that we played Pryor!!! :)

I still think this can become a top 10 D. The Seahawks and Broncos games will be a great test because our pass D and run D will both be stretched, BIG TIME!!!

I can't get over how great our defense played today, big props to Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, and Darius Butler. Their receivers could not get open on us

Uh,they only had one receiver, Bolden. And he can`t be effective without others stretching the field.

Which allowed us to adjust and begin stopping the running game.

This was a weak challenge under the circumstances. Luck of the Luck?

Hmm! The dreaded power running game. Our D ONLY played 23 minutes. 

It is Conceiveable that affected our opponents stats more than the caliber of our D`s play.

Satele=adding by subraction ;)