Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walden

John Waylon

oh golly ...    ALL ONE of them....

Shheeeshh    some of you must live really miserable lives.   To come on a message board and poo poo "your fav team" after a HUGE win.

Oh well, I hope it gets better for you...  because it is obvious a Colt win won't do it.

Enough with the mattress analogy.

I do want a pass rusher, yes, problem is Walden ain't a run stopper either. That TD drive Walden was run at constantly and looked totally lost.

If it turns out he is that bad we can cut him after next season and it will cost us next to nothing.

Yeah, at this pace he won't be here next year. Hopefully, he can just be solid.

oh golly ...    ALL ONE of them....

Shheeeshh    some of you must live really miserable lives.   To come on a message board and poo poo "your fav team" after a HUGE win.

Oh well, I hope it gets better for you...  because it is obvious a Colt win won't do it.

I'm sorry, were you talking to me? I can't tell with your backward quoting.

Edited by Coltssouth

This is his job exactly but too many times today gore broke runs on the outside for big chunks of yardage. He is clearly not setting the edge which is what pagano and grigs said he excelled at

It was 1 series were gore had 3 runs.  Yes they were large runs, buts its not like gore got a td off of them.  it was hunter with the ONLY 9ers td today.

My gosh people it wasn't a perfect game, but some people are never satisfied.  I know I saw him(Walden) set the edge several times.  I even yelled at him for it.  Does anyone realize what the colts did today?  They truly played SMASH MOUTH football against a very very good team.  Some people are never happy I guess.

The defense completely dominated kap and co.  I remember after week 1, this board was so scared about playing against Kap.  Look what we did to him today.  We shut him down.

It was 1 series were gore had 3 runs. Yes they were large runs, buts its not like gore got a td off of them. it was hunter with the ONLY 9ers td today.

My gosh people it wasn't a perfect game, but some people are never satisfied. I know I saw him(Walden) set the edge several times. I even yelled at him for it. Does anyone realize what the colts did today? They truly played SMASH MOUTH football against a very very good team. Some people are never happy I guess.

The defense completely dominated kap and co. I remember after week 1, this board was so scared about playing against Kap. Look what we did to him today. We shut him down.

Thank you.

Open your eyes when you watch him play, that should do it.

Do your own work.  You're the one who opened your mouth and said he "sucks".  So, prove it.

I have no clue who you are and i'm certainly not taking your word as gospel.  So, show me exactly how he "sucks".

If you can't back up what you say, then don't talk.

Only in first half. Adjustments were made.

SF only ran the ball 4 times in the 2nd half, 3 by Gore(for 12 yards) on the first drive on the 3rd quarter.  And quite frankly the Colts were lucky the 49ers abandoned the run game so eary because the Colts did not really show the ability to stop it, even with the Colts keeping Kapernik's running in check the 49ers still average 5.3 ypc.

Eh.

3 games in and I have not seen that first thing to make me any less puzzled by our fascination with him. I've seen him get spanked a few times, I've seen him have a few good plays. He mostly just seems to get lost in the shuffle. You're sure he's out there, but there isn't much proof to support it. I definitely think we could be better (and could have possibly done better in FA) at the position.

I think you nailed it with this post... he looks good on a few plays he looks really bad on a few plays and then doesn't seem to do anything good or bad most of the game.

SF only ran the ball 4 times in the 2nd half, 3 by Gore(for 12 yards) on the first drive on the 3rd quarter.  And quite frankly the Colts were lucky the 49ers abandoned the run game so eary because the Colts did not really show the ability to stop it, even with the Colts keeping Kapernik's running in check the 49ers still average 5.3 ypc.

Frank Gore was livid with Jim Harbaugh regarding the same. It made no sense to abandon the run with Gore after they were doing so well in half 1. It was still a one score game till about 5 minutes to go in the game. It was like the Colts did in game 2 vs the Dolphins, go away from the run that was working in the second half.

Frank Gore was livid with Jim Harbaugh regarding the same. It made no sense to abandon the run with Gore after they were doing so well in half 1. It was still a one score game till about 5 minutes to go in the game. It was like the Colts did in game 2 vs the Dolphins, go away from the run that was working in the second half.

My wife and I were talking about it during the game.  She asked why they didn't run the ball more when it was obvious their receivers were not able to get open.  I told her I don't know but I am glad they (SF) didn't start asking the same question.

But Walden does suck, especially considering the money he was paid.

He's part of a defensive unit that allowed just 1.87 YPC for the rest of the game after their only TD drive.  You can criticize it all you like, but other than that drive, he was solid.   28 yards rushing on 15 attempts for 3 quarters of football means that everyone on defense, including Walden, was at least above average, if not exceptional.

SF only ran the ball 4 times in the 2nd half, 3 by Gore(for 12 yards) on the first drive on the 3rd quarter. And quite frankly the Colts were lucky the 49ers abandoned the run game so eary because the Colts did not really show the ability to stop it, even with the Colts keeping Kapernik's running in check the 49ers still average 5.3 ypc.

Teams don't typically run when they are losing.

I call them our Albatross (O line play, notably pass pro) and Achilles heel (Run defense).  They were both in evidence today. Fortunately they abandoned the run while we embraced it, minimizing the effects. ;)

This is his job exactly but too many times today gore broke runs on the outside for big chunks of yardage. He is clearly not setting the edge which is what pagano and grigs said he excelled at

Where was Sheppard on those plays? Walden did ok IMO, while Shepp was nowhere to be found because he either got sucked in or couldn`t get off a block. He actually made me miss Angerer.