Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eh.

3 games in and I have not seen that first thing to make me any less puzzled by our fascination with him. I've seen him get spanked a few times, I've seen him have a few good plays. He mostly just seems to get lost in the shuffle. You're sure he's out there, but there isn't much proof to support it. I definitely think we could be better (and could have possibly done better in FA) at the position.

I think his job is just to not allow any room to the outside so that way the rb is forced inside and right into our LBers

This is his job exactly but too many times today gore broke runs on the outside for big chunks of yardage. He is clearly not setting the edge which is what pagano and grigs said he excelled at
Guest TeamLoloJones

Ill wait to comment until I rewatch the game

I saw him get completely destroyed on that Td drive by San Fran, and a few lapses in pass rushing as the game went on.  But after the first quarter I don't recall yelling at my TV because of Walden the rest of the game.  Not sure how high of praise that is but there ya go...

I saw him get completely destroyed on that Td drive by San Fran, and a few lapses in pass rushing as the game went on.  But after the first quarter I don't recall yelling at my TV because of Walden the rest of the game.  Not sure how high of praise that is but there ya go...

To be fair I don't know if we stopped the 49ers running or if the 49ers stopped the 49ers running.  They never went back to running like they did on that early drive and I didn't understand why.  They ran a couple of times after that but it seemed more like token try to keep the Colts honest running the ball than a true commitment to it and I didn't under stand it.  Oh well I am not going to complain though. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

To be fair I don't know if we stopped the 49ers running or if the 49ers stopped the 49ers running.  They never went back to running like they did on that early drive and I didn't understand why.  They ran a couple of times after that but it seemed more like token try to keep the Colts honest running the ball than a true commitment to it and I didn't under stand it.  Oh well I am not going to complain though. 

Yeah...not to take anything away from the Colts D, but they seemed to give up running and when they did it was just up the middle.  The strength of our d is def right in the middle...wow I can't believe I can say that with a straight face...

Guess what?  He's not going to get the better of each play, every time.  People will gain yards on him.

Newsflash:  other teams have talented, professional football players on them who will get the better of our players, numerous times.  It doesn't mean our players suck.

Guess what?  He's not going to get the better of each play, every time.  People will gain yards on him.

Newsflash:  other teams have talented, professional football players on them who will get the better of our players, numerous times.  It doesn't mean our players suck.

But Walden does suck, especially considering the money he was paid.

two seperate issues there

you cant combine them

I absolutely can and I did. If he was any good the price we payed wouldn't be an issue, conversely, if we didn't pay him that much him sucking wouldn't be as big of a problem or surprise.

But Walden does suck, especially considering the money he was paid.

This kinda reminds me of certain mattress customers. They buy a matt for $2000 but end up hating it because its too firm even when they explicitly wanted a firm mattress. There is nothing wrong with the mattress.

What they thought they wanted wasn't really what they wanted.

You want another pass rusher opposite of Mathis.

This kinda reminds me of certain mattress customers. They buy a matt for $2000 but end up hating it because its too firm even when they explicitly wanted a firm mattress. There is nothing wrong with the mattress.

What they thought they wanted wasn't really what they wanted.

You want another pass rusher opposite of Mathis.

Walden is a used mattress that was dumped out the back of a van behind a Micky-dee's and slept on by bums for months that was than picked up by a mattress salesmen, cleaned up and sold for $2000.

He's a bad mattress.

Walden is a used mattress that was dumped out the back of a van behind a Micky-dee's and slept on by bums for months that was than picked up by a mattress salesmen, cleaned up and sold for $2000.

He's a bad mattress.

Those customers would swear there's something wrong with the mattress. We would offer a exchange to a softer mattress. They love the new mattress( same quality as last ) both are Tempurpedic.

You want a pass rusher.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He's a bad mattress.

He outplayed the 49ers backers today...just sayin

Those customers would swear there's something wrong with the mattress. We would offer a exchange to a softer mattress. They love the new mattress( same quality as last ) both are Tempurpedic.

You want a pass rusher.

Enough with the mattress analogy.

I do want a pass rusher, yes, problem is Walden ain't a run stopper either. That TD drive Walden was run at constantly and looked totally lost.

Enough with the mattress analogy.

I do want a pass rusher, yes, problem is Walden ain't a run stopper either. That TD drive Walden was run at constantly and looked totally lost.

You don't want to buy a mattress today???

Players adjust, every player has bad drives. Give him a break, I don't think you completely understand what his role is and how his role often depends on others to finish plays.

You don't want to buy a mattress today???

Players adjust, every player has bad drives. Give him a break, I don't think you completely understand what his role is and how his role often depends on others to finish plays.

I'll only give him a break because you asked nicely and we won such an amazing game today.

I absolutely can and I did. If he was any good the price we payed wouldn't be an issue, conversely, if we didn't pay him that much him sucking wouldn't be as big of a problem or surprise.

the truth is

he plays a role for this team.  you are upset about how much he gets paid because you never watched him play before but heard that he was overpaid so he will always suck to you

i doubt you have actually watched what he does on 10 snaps his whole career

the truth is

he plays a role for this team.  you are upset about how much he gets paid because you never watched him play before but heard that he was overpaid so he will always suck to you

i doubt you have actually watched what he does on 10 snaps his whole career

I've seen every snap of his subexcellent play with the Colts. I really want him to show me something but I haven't seen the strong run stopper we were promised. I'm sure if you guys keep telling me how wrong I am I will start to see it your way though.

I've seen every snap of his subexcellent play with the Colts. I really want him to show me something but I haven't seen the strong run stopper we were promised. I'm sure if you guys keep telling me how wrong I am I will start to see it your way though.

i am not saying he is great

just that i am skeptical of your football analysis skills

I think his job is just to not allow any room to the outside so that way the rb is forced inside and right into our LBers

And he did exactly that a couple of times on runs to his side. Unfortunately the Inside LB's didn't get off their blocks and make the tackle and they went for big gains.