Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The O-Line looked much better today

Matticusp83

Cherilus is our best lineman hands down but I will give AC some props for containing aldon smith all day long. We ran heavily to the left though and I think thornton had a lot to do with it. He is a mauler when pulling to run block and did a nice job pass blocking. Hate to say it but mcglynn and link stepped up big today nice job overall

McGlynn played a game last year at center and someone made the comment that he is better at center than at guard and I think he proved that again today.  McGlynn was very good at center (I think it helps him to not have someone lined up directly over him most of the time.

AC is really starting to show he is a top LT in this league.  Thorton is going to be a stud, he made some definite rookie mistakes but really held his own.

Cherilus is proven to be a great FA pick up,  Maybe  Grigs can find lineman afterall.

You have to give the oline much credit for the job they did today.  We as fans have been extremely hard on them.  Even more so has the owner and others in the organization.  No not perfect, but we didn't need perfect.  Andrew and the backs should by supper tonight!  Ha!!

Guest TeamLoloJones

they we not perfect but i will say that the O-line showed singes of life today and stepped up there game. Thoughts?

That first sack when Aldon smith blew up AC, and a couple of wiffs in short yardage runs.  But other than that I thought they played brilliant, by far their best game of the year. And with all the injuries that's pretty amazing.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This kid Thorton is gonna be a STUD!!!

He's still pretty inconsistent in pass blocking, but my lord can this kid run block.  Him and AC are such good run blockers, if they can just get better vs. the pass they could a pretty studdly tandem on left side.

Guest TeamLoloJones

McGlynn played a game last year at center and someone made the comment that he is better at center than at guard and I think he proved that again today.  McGlynn was very good at center (I think it helps him to not have someone lined up directly over him most of the time.

AC is really starting to show he is a top LT in this league.  Thorton is going to be a stud, he made some definite rookie mistakes but really held his own.

Cherilus is proven to be a great FA pick up,  Maybe  Grigs can find lineman afterall.

Imagine if Dwayne Allen was healthy and out there, we would have rushed for 200+

Run blocking has looked very good all year and today looked better than very good.  Pass blocking still needs work but play action is going to get us some big plays before the year's over.  Also, last year Shipley plays for an injured Satele and the line looks much better.  This year Mcglynn moves to center for an injured Satele and the line looks much better.  I sense a trend here....

He's still pretty inconsistent in pass blocking, but my lord can this kid run block.  Him and AC are such good run blockers, if they can just get better vs. the pass they could a pretty studdly tandem on left side.

Remember this was his 1st game starting in the NFL!!! He was better pass blocking today than he was last week. But this kid is NASTY when he is run blocking.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Remember this was his 1st game starting in the NFL!!! He was better pass blocking today than he was last week. But this kid is NASTY when he is run blocking.

I agree...Hugh is looking like a steal for a late 3rd round pick.

they we not perfect but i will say that the O-line showed singes of life today and stepped up there game. Thoughts?

Definitely played well as a whole. I really like how Costanzo is coming along. He did a really nice job in pass protection today and really I think he's becoming one of the better run blocking left tackles in the NFL

I thought GC took Wake most of last week?  Doesn't change the fact AC was really good today but GC is living up to that contract so far.  He was excellent again today. 

On Richardson's TD run, GC completely pancaked his guy.

And I believe you are correct Wake lined up against GC most of the game last week.

I agree, he still has a lot to learn.  But that is to be expected from a rookie playing in only his 4th NFL game ever.

I thought it was a good solid performance by the O-line. I've often thought/said McGlynn is one of the worst guards in all of football yet he looks quite solid at C. I don't know if this because in comparison to Satele most people would look a world beater at the position

I thought Link played pretty well too, got a nice pancake on the series in the (3rd) Qtr when we were stacked up against our goaline that sticks in the memory.  

IMO the OL was stellar,they opened holes for the running game,the pass protection was good.Hopefully this is a sign we are gelling as a unit and a sign of things to come.I for one was impressed with the improvement but not shocked.And although ive not been on his bandwagon McGlynn,showed me some tenacity yesterday,and maybe why Grigson and Pagano like him.I think Thorton may be one of the steals of the draft if he stays healthy time will tell.

Cherilus is our best lineman hands down but I will give AC some props for containing aldon smith all day long. We ran heavily to the left though and I think thornton had a lot to do with it. He is a mauler when pulling to run block and did a nice job pass blocking. Hate to say it but mcglynn and link stepped up big today nice job overall

I paid attention to that match-up quite a bit, especially on the replays, and AC not only contained Smith, on most plays he OWNED him. 

O line looked great!!! Awesome for the most part in run blocking. The one thing that got me in the run blocking area was our innability to convert a number of 3rd and shorts on the ground. That's where our guys up front should get real mean and nasty and get a big push. They seemed to let up a little there. But that should come around. Still very impressed with what was basically a patchwork O line. Pass pro to me was solid, some pressure here and there but overall good protection. I think some people ate hoping we get to a point where Luck never gets pressured or sacked at all. That would be great, don't get me wrong but its not gonna happen. Defense wins sometimes your QB is gonna get hit and pressured at times. Plus going against Aldon Smith and Justin Smith two pretty good DEs. I think we did pretty good considering the situations.