Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get Rid of AV

Dark Superman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my biggest beef in yesterday's game.  A FG at that point was huge, and a 51 yarder in swirling winds at Candlestick was no gimme.  They overcame it anyway, but it reminded me of the playcalling to end the Dolphins game. 

Exactly!

That Dolphins game still burns me...we could have won it with smart playcalling at the end. 

At the end of the Dolphins game, the Pep Dummy called 2 downfield passing plays on 2nd and 6 with 1.45 to go...just exercising his playbook mindlessly.  Geez, just move the chains twice and chew up the clock and we might even run it in.

Get real. It was from 51. Theres like a 20% chance of making those anyway. AV is the man. He's still clutch and I wouldn't want anyone else doing our kicking

Not quite that low, everything you wanted to know about kicking and more :P

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/Going%20for%20Three%20Predicting%20the%20Likelihood%20of%20Field%20Goal%20Success%20with%20Logistic%20Regression.pdf

Exactly!

That Dolphins game still burns me...we could have won it with smart playcalling at the end.

At the end of the Dolphins game, the Pep Dummy called 2 downfield passing plays on 2nd and 6 with 1.45 to go...just exercising his playbook mindlessly. Geez, just move the chains twice and chew up the clock and we might even run it in.

Pep just calls the plays. He doesn't tell luck which receiver to throw to. You're really upset at luck but you just can't accept it so you pass the blame to pep.

Most teams kickers make 51 yarders no problem.

20% ?  What games are you watching?

No problem? I just read the NFL average is 60% from 50 and beyond. So ya it isn't 20% but it isn't "no problem either". I didn't get to see the Miami game but I believe we lost by 4. Last time I checked a FG was worth 3. So saying he lost the game isn't accurate either.

I was actually at the game yesterday and it was very windy at times.  That's San Francisco weather for you.  It was exceptionally close, from long distance, with swirling winds.  I don't think it's time to fire somebody because they missed a kick like that by a foot or two.  Not very many people make that kick.

I don't think these types of threads should be allowed during the season.

that was what? a 50+ yard FG? and it was very windy in San Fran. it was excusable 

Guys...he missed it by a foot....i even celebrated because i thought he made it. He is one of the most clutch kickers ever. How many times did he hit big field goals for us last year? Missing two 50+ yarders is not the end of the world. I can't think of a kicker I would rather have out there, the guy has ice in his veins. I feel assured that if he misses a kick its not because he choked, its just because he simply missed it. All kickers miss....I don't think some of you realize what we have in AV, even towards the end of his career....

He's fine. But i would like to see kickalicious in a colt uniform after vinatieri retires.

the dude got cut....i doubt Grigson would ever bring in a kicker that probably filmed 43 shots before pulling off any of his "trick" shots. For all you know the dude gets on a field on Sunday and pisses down his leg....I bet almost every kicker in the league can do what "kickalicious" does in those videos. I'm just glad Grigson doesn't draft based on Youtube....

the dude got cut....i doubt Grigson would ever bring in a kicker that probably filmed 43 shots before pulling off any of his "trick" shots. For all you know the dude gets on a field on Sunday and tickes down his leg....I bet almost every kicker in the league can do what "kickalicious" does in those videos. I'm just glad Grigson doesn't draft based on Youtube....

Yeah thats true, but his leg looked strong enough and accurate enough to be on the roster of an nfl team. Would at least like to see a try out from him or some other young talent after this season.

Plus if you go by the "he got cut so he must be bad" idea what do you think to Jeff Saturday/Jerrell Freeman?

Yeah thats true, but his leg looked strong enough and accurate enough to be on the roster of an nfl team. Would at least like to see a try out from him or some other young talent after this season.

Plus if you go by the "he got cut so he must be bad" idea what do you think to Jeff Saturday/Jerrell Freeman?

I'm not saying he's bad because he got cut....i'm saying he got cut because despite his youtube exploits, he probably isn't as good as most starting caliber NFL kickers....

I'm not saying he's bad because he got cut....i'm saying he got cut because despite his youtube exploits, he probably isn't as good as most starting caliber NFL kickers....

Yeah i can see that being true. I'd still probably take a chance on him or another rookie kicker, because a fair few young kickers have been doing well the past few years.

I more so blame the coaches for putting him out there. They should've punted.

I had no issue kicking there.  Adam has shown he still has that range in the pre-season.  While I am starting to become more concerned about Adam from that distance I do think people (and I am not saying you are one of these) who wait around for Adam to miss any kick regardless of circumstances to start a cut Adam thread are more interested in being right about their opinion of Adam being done than they are in objectively looking at the situation. 

Adam is going to be our kicker till the end of the season baring an injury.  After the season is another story.  I wouldn't be shocked then if the Colts go in a different direction. 

• 3 weeks later...

When he missed a couple at the start of the season this was a stupid thread. It is cosmically dumb today.

Ya think? When he has all of the team's points, and the offense can't sustain a drive? Two 50+ yarders, on the road.

We have a good kicker, everybody.

I'm glad you resurrected this thread, Sup.

I'm always appalled when others want to get rid of Adam, especially when there have been games  we've won when he's the only one to score....   I agree with you,  He is a Good Kicker...