Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get Rid of AV

Dark Superman

There's moments in life where I wish I could reach through my monitor and my hand go out through a posters monitor and slap them with a wet sea bass. This ladies and gentlemen is one of glorious those moments...

:trout:   something like this..??  :trout:    I'll join you  ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why you quoted me......

I wasn't going on a diatribe about Vinny, just stating in the context of the game and momentum that was a bad time to have a miss.

because your line about the defense bailing out Adam made me think of all the times Adam has bailed out his defense and that score is way more in Adam's favor than the defense.  I did expand my point from there though to things that didn't only involve what you said which happens from time-to-time when you respond to a poster.

I wanted to fire Adam after the six picks San Diego game where he missed...but I have since forgiven him. However, I personally would let patty mac kick them outside of 45 and Adam inside of 45.

But what if it's right on the 45 then what do we do? Oh this is too complicated now, it's going to add 632 more pages to the playbook with all these what if scenarios

Two weeks in a row he's going to cost us th game..

He's making way too much money and he's missing clutch field goals to help us win.

Do you realize it was a 52 yard FG with moderate amount of cross winds? Firing AV at this point would be bizarre.

I wanted to fire Adam after the six picks San Diego game where he missed...but I have since forgiven him. However, I personally would let patty mac kick them outside of 45 and Adam inside of 45.

But what if it's right on the 45 then what do we do? Oh this is too complicated now, it's going to add 632 more pages to the playbook with all these what if scenarios

I think 50 yards would be my cut off point.  He's been pretty good from inside of 50.

:facepalm:

Another one of these? Seriously?

jesus-facepalm-meme-generator-oh-me-not-

no

space_ghost_facepalm.jpg

:trout:   something like this..??  :trout:    I'll join you  ;)

There's moments in life where I wish I could reach through my monitor and my hand go out through a posters monitor and slap them with a wet sea bass. This ladies and gentlemen is one of glorious those moments...

because your line about the defense bailing out Adam made me think of all the times Adam has bailed out his defense and that score is way more in Adam's favor than the defense. I did expand my point from there though to things that didn't only involve what you said which happens from time-to-time when you respond to a poster.

They did bail him out today though.

I never said Vinny never bailed out the D in the past.

I'm talking about this game, today, and the situation in which he missed.

Vinny has won us SEVERAL games since coming to Indy. Besides, the dude kicked a 51 one yarder INTO THE WIND that had more than enough distance, but went right. IT WAS INTO THE WIND. If it was in Lucas Oil with the roof closed, then I could understand people being irritated. All kickers miss easy ones, and all kickers miss difficult kicks. It's part of the damn game. What about Peyton? I've seen him miss wide open throws and guys like Wayne and Harrison drop easily catch able balls. Ya know why? It just happens. When Vinny starts shanking multiple a game, then it can be discussed. Until then, people should just shut their mouths and be happy we have someone like him that CAN and 99% of the time hits game winning kicks.

This will probably be his last year anyway, so just get off it and find a freaking positive from the game today.

They did bail him out today though.

I never said Vinny never bailed out the D in the past.

I'm talking about this game, today, and the situation in which he missed.

I am saying even if they did bail him out don't worry Adam has bailed his defense out way more often than they have bailed him out. 

As for today, I don't think they bailed him out because there was tones of game left.  If there was like three minutes left and Adam misses there and the defense has to come up with a stop to keep the 49ers from winning the game then I might agree with you but there was enough game left that the Colts scored 14 more points and both the Colts and 49ers got three more chances with the ball.  To me that's not a bail out.  That's just a missed kick. 

If the defense bailed Adam out today then they bailed the offense out too for not picking up a first down there and having to kick the field goal from that far out in the first place.  You could also say Adam bailed the offense out twice before that on drives that stalled and he had to kick field goals based on how you are judging this as a bail out. 

I am saying even if they did bail him out don't worry Adam has bailed his defense out way more often than they have bailed him out.

As for today, I don't think they bailed him out because there was tones of game left. If there was like three minutes left and Adam misses there and the defense has to come up with a stop to keep the 49ers from winning the game then I might agree with you but there was enough game left that the Colts scored 14 more points and both the Colts and 49ers got three more chances with the ball. To me that's not a bail out. That's just a missed kick.

If the defense bailed Adam out today then they bailed the offense out too for not picking up a first down there and having to kick the field goal from that far out in the first place. You could also say Adam bailed the offense out twice before that on drives that stalled and he had to kick field goals based on how you are judging this as a bail out.

You are extrapolating far too much out of my post.

Clearly my tone, intention, or context has not landed for you, but I assure you, it was nothing to write multiple paragraphs about.

It's not on Adam.

If Pep calls a short yardage play for a 3 to 5 yard gain Adam probably makes it...it was close.

Instead Pep calls a long pass down to the goalline...sigh!

Yeah, Pep should have never called a play in that situation with only one receiver going out on a route.

Tired of seeing ROOKIE kickers make an easy 50 yrder & our very own "clutch" kicker miss time & time again in crucial moments!!! I am so glad someone had the kahunas to start this thread I am ALL for a replacement!!! It cost us the Miami game folks

I am pretty sure only scoring 3 points in the second half had a hand in that as well...

On one of the sports shows they were discussing the AV's miss from 51 yds ... one of them or someone who they talked to (not for sure which as I was in and out of car) who was at the game said the kick was on track to split the uprights and at last second a gust of wind that apparently Candlestick is "notorious for" pushed it wide.

Tired of seeing ROOKIE kickers make an easy 50 yrder & our very own "clutch" kicker miss time & time again in crucial moments!!! I am so glad someone had the kahunas to start this thread I am ALL for a replacement!!! It cost us the Miami game folks

"Clutch" is about handling pressure, not power. Is job of the offense to put the ball on a good spot for the FG, so missing +50 FG isn't all in AV.

With no time on the clock inside de 50's i'll take AV over your rookie kickers.

On one of the sports shows they were discussing the AV's miss from 51 yds ... one of them or someone who they talked to (not for sure which as I was in and out of car) who was at the game said the kick was on track to split the uprights and at last second a gust of wind that apparently Candlestick is "notorious for" pushed it wide.

Fair point and I also know Nantz and Simms said this was the first time Adam has played there believe it or not. 

Get real?

Do you know how much AV makes for a kicker!?

Clutch? He missed two weeks Ina row.. He was clutch but not anymore..

He's over paid..

Look, there are plenty of kicker who miss 2 weeks in a row. Especially from 50 plus. Big deal, he missed against SF. Didn't mean a damn thing. I don't recall the distance of the miss vs Miami but Adam is still one of the  top kickers in the league. Remember Vander choke? Now there was a guy who could kick regular season all you wanted but when it counted he sucked. I don't recall the last time Adam missed when it REALLY counted. If he did, then so what, he's made far more clutch kicks than ANY kicker in history. Get a clue and complain about something that is really a problem

Kickers are supposed to make the field goals

Vinatieri was never good with us like he was for NE.

Now he cant kick off, and he cant be counted on from 45 or longer. He gets paid like 4 million dollars.

And year after year, all the Vinatieri apologists come on this board and ridicule anyone who questions why the team continues to keep him on the roster.

It's not on Adam.

If Pep calls a short yardage play for a 3 to 5 yard gain Adam probably makes it...it was close.

Instead Pep calls a long pass down to the goalline...sigh!

This was my biggest beef in yesterday's game.  A FG at that point was huge, and a 51 yarder in swirling winds at Candlestick was no gimme.  They overcame it anyway, but it reminded me of the playcalling to end the Dolphins game.