Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get Rid of AV

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads about cutting players when something doesn't go right is a quality reflection of any fan's inability to be strong during a time of challenge. However, I am just giving my opinion about posts on the internet, not about the fans themselves.

Two weeks in a row he's going to cost us th game..

He's making way too much money and he's missing clutch field goals to help us win.

This is what happens when you post in anger before the game is over the Colts do something like destroy the 49ers even with the missed field goal and make your anger statement about costing us the game look silly and like a complete over reaction which it was.

As for Adam he has now missed four of his last five from beyond 50.  He has the leg but not the accuracy from the long.  I don't think we dump him but I do think we need to rethink what we do when we are looking at a kick from beyond 50 either go for it or let Pat kick from there out there. 

That miss could have really cost us.

Luckily the D bailed Adam out.

So that makes the score what 1 to like 30 for all the time Adam has bailed out his defense after they gave up score that tied a game and he hits a game winning kick?

It's a team effort it all balances out in the end. 

I said earlier this thread that I am a little concerned with Adam from beyond 50 for the first time but let's not try to make this a bigger deal than it was.  Yes the miss could have hurt us but so could have not getting the first down there that set up them having to kick the field goal in the first place.  It didn't because of how the rest of the game went.  So let's not try to make it worse than it was.  I do think we need to think about what we do when it's from beyond 50 yards on a kick but I also think saying it could have really cost us would have depended on something else going wrong too.  

I do think this will be AV's last year with the Colts. 

So that makes the score what 1 to like 30 for all the time Adam has bailed out his defense after they gave up score that tied a game and he hits a game winning kick?

It's a team effort it all balances out in the end.

I said earlier this thread that I am a little concerned with Adam from beyond 50 for the first time but let's not try to make this a bigger deal than it was. Yes the miss could have hurt us but so could have not getting the first down there that set up them having to kick the field goal in the first place. It didn't because of how the rest of the game went. So let's not try to make it worse than it was. I do think we need to think about what we do when it's from beyond 50 yards on a kick but I also think saying it could have really cost us would have depended on something else going wrong too.

I do think this will be AV's last year with the Colts.

I'm not sure why you quoted me......

I wasn't going on a diatribe about Vinny, just stating in the context of the game and momentum that was a bad time to have a miss.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Eagles were a very rare situation. It's certainly not a model to build after. Look at them post 2017. IMO, that was a lot of luck. Look at Foles' entire history. He simply wasn't that good. Very inconsistent career.   You don't have to count on Wentz to be a savior, for him to be very good. He's played at top 10ish levels in QBR 3 out of his 4 years. I for one, don't believe we need to use him as a game manager. I think think we need to simply be balanced. A vet backup QB in our system might get us to the playoffs, but they aren't taking us deep. And keep in mind Philly had a top 5 D that year.    I'd be fine though with a "cheap" vet backup on a short term deal. I think there are sometimes great bargains to be had, like Winston last year with NO. But I'm more than fine with rolling with Eason. If Wentz goes down, I'll enjoy the rest of the season, but my expectations will be far lower, and I'd rather have a high draft pick, than a 8-8 team, or early out in the playoffs.
    • They might still, but lets be honest, its a backup role   I think they want to see what they have first   Give Speed a chance, he MIGHT be just what's needed   There will be some decent, not great backup LBs come available during the last cuts   If we need one we will go get them   I hope that our current bench shows well, and we stand pat.    
    • IDK. Walker was playing mostly early downs vs the run. Their (Walker and Oke) passing grades (passer rating allowed, etc) were very similar. Oke's grades overall took a huge step back in year 2 (sub 50 PFF too). With Walker playing mostly run downs (and good at defending the run), and Oke playing mostly passing downs (and his grades weren't good), I just don't see that as an "answer". And Oke will be playing run downs now, which is one of the digs on him to begin with. Exit Walker yes, but enter big gamble. And keep in mind, when Leonard went down, it was Walker who they moved to WILL, not Oke, which says something.   RYS is a 4.51 guy. Not elite speed, but more than enough. We saw him play very very well the 2H of 2019. He had injuries last year, early, middle, and late season. So speed is not really a reason I'd rule him out on. I do wonder though if he'd be more of a natural fit in a man scheme.   I do think he'd make a good S, but not ready to abandon his potential at CB just yet.
    • So, do you think we’re a serious contender?   Agree with you if Peyton or Rodgers is your QB.  But if you’re a run heavy team with a great Oline and a good D, a veteran backup can take you pretty far.  We’re all saying we’re not counting on Wentz to be the savior.  Just be decent and use the weapons.  Call it luck, but the Eagles did prove that out.     All that being said, I agree with your last point.     
    • That Walker was so bad in coverage they had to get him off the roster.  The question is why are we so bad in coverage? Exit Walker.  And, Ya-Sin will never have the speed so i believe he is not in great shape to be on the roster past this season. My crystal ball. Could he become a safety?  
  • Members

• legend300

legend300 64

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 4,179

• C_Lew

C_Lew 9

Rookie
    • EastStreet

EastStreet 10,830

• PRnum1

PRnum1 390