Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers Game Day Thread

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uggh, haters. The guy has had a few days to get ready for this game... and will get better after a little more time. I think he has looked mighty good out there considering.

Yeah I think he's looked good overall, he probably doesn't even really know the playbook and he's made some outstanding blocks. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Contreras gets his payback!!! And I find it odd that Woodruff got so upset when he was thrown at(not hit) as he is the one who has plunked Contreras the most the past several times they’ve played the Pirates. Anyway...  
    • Bold prediction: CW announces retirement at next to last home pre season game.
    • I don't understand your point. Basically every owner agrees to basically every significant roster move. Are you arguing that no GM or head coach has ever been fired? Or that Irsay would fire himself instead of Ballard and/or Reich?
    • I thought this was an interesting watch:     There are really only a handful of Superstar Free Agent signings that you can point to and say "that's why they won a SB":  Tom Brady to Tampa.  Reggie White to Green Bay.  Deion Sanders to Dallas/SF.  Brees to New Orleans.  Peyton to Denver.  And every one of those guys is in the conversation of being the best to play their position... like ever.  But the key is that the teams they went to had already been built through the draft, which is what Ballard is doing.  If you build it, they will come.  (We can kind of already see this with Rivers choosing the Colts last year and Wentz preferring the Colts this year)   I don't think anyone that was a free agent this year is in the conversation of being the GOAT at their respective position, so it really didn't make sense to break the bank for any of the "superstar" free agents this year.  I know @DEFENSE doesn't like Ballards "dollar general method", but it's pretty smart considering the big splash free agent signings rarely correlate to SBs, because those elite HoF-type Superstar Free Agents only come around once in a blue moon.   And Ballard has spent quite a bit the last two offseasons on arguably the two most important positions:  QB to make the offense run, and 3T to make the defense run.  He just didn't spent it on superstar free agents, he traded for proven guys still in their prime.  Ballard is being aggressive with trades and big contracts, but he isn't being stupid wasting big money on a FA when there isn't a guy worth that kind of money.
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 8,456

Moderators
    • Kirie89

Kirie89 6

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 271

• jimmy g

jimmy g 357

• bravo4460

bravo4460 556