Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aldon Smith will play

Jim Harbaugh has stated that Aldon Smith will play in the game on Sunday.  I think he is a game changer so just wondered how we counter someone like this who is going to be out to prove something due to his latest tango with drugs, DUI, & the San Jose Police Department Friday at 7:00am.  Before this, he has been pretty clean other than getting stabbed, shooting firearms at his party, alledgedly shooting a party-goer at his house doing major debilitating bodily damage and facing criminal charges, and a previous alleged DUI.  I would have gladly paid the $10.00 cover to his party and $5.00 well drinks to see fireworks like that. Thoughts?

I think if you're mad about this, it's only because they're playing against us tomorrow.  If they weren't matched up against us this week, none of us would really care what they do or don't do about Aldon Smith.

SERIOUSLY?! YES WE WOULD.  sorry my caps lock was on. lmao. yes we would. when does anyone, absolutely anyone get away with drinking and driving, wrecking a car, alone thank God, and smoking weed and going to jail,......and still get to play the game?! that's utterly ridiculous!! and it should not be allowed! these days more than ever, NFL stars are role models.

For all those saying the league needs to step in Joe Lefeged also has a pending legal issue and I don't see many Colts fans calling for the league to step in and suspend him.  I know he doesn't have the number of issues Smith has had but it's been the NFL policy in legal matters to let the court system play out for the most part before they step in and hand out punishment.

I think if you're mad about this, it's only because they're playing against us tomorrow.  If they weren't matched up against us this week, none of us would really care what they do or don't do about Aldon Smith.

Well, duh...lol

SERIOUSLY?! YES WE WOULD.  sorry my caps lock was on. lmao. yes we would. when does anyone, absolutely anyone get away with drinking and driving, wrecking a car, alone thank God, and smoking weed and going to jail,......and still get to play the game?! that's utterly ridiculous!! and it should not be allowed! these days more than ever, NFL stars are role models.

I used to get mad, but now I expect them to get away with this kind of stuff.  I agree that it sucks and it isn't fair.  It's just how celebrities and sports stars are treated.

The NFL needs to step in and suspend Smith. This is *.

They realistically can't with any effect right now. It's just as useful to not suspend him before this game as it is not to, as he has the right to appeal, which would mean he can't be suspended while his appeal was active and could play Sunday anyway. They wouldn't get through an appeal in 2 days.

The likelihood is that he'll be suspended Monday or Tuesday.

It's up to Harbaugh to send a message in the meantime, which I guess "Get wasted and slam your car into a tree, without waking yourself from your stupor, and get (allegedly) reduced playing time" at this time.

They realistically can't with any effect right now. It's just as useful to not suspend him before this game as it is not to, as he has the right to appeal, which would mean he can't be suspended while his appeal was active and could play Sunday anyway. They wouldn't get through an appeal in 2 days.

The likelihood is that he'll be suspended Monday or Tuesday.

It's up to Harbaugh to send a message in the meantime, which I guess "Get wasted and slam your car into a tree, without waking yourself from your stupor, and get (allegedly) reduced playing time" at this time.

saw on twitter form mort that under the cba the 49ers can't suspend him for this. Also being reported he might enter a rehab facility a after today's game. The most Harbaugh could do is make him a healthy scratch but I don't think he will.

saw on twitter form mort that under the cba the 49ers can't suspend him for this. Also being reported he might enter a rehab facility a after today's game. The most Harbaugh could do is make him a healthy scratch but I don't think he will.

Good to know. Thanks for the clarity.