Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aldon Smith arrested.....

lollygagger8

As of right now, Harbaugh said he expects Aldon to play on Sunday...

I can see if it was something that "allegedly" happened, but the dude was about passed out in his car after hitting a tree, with his foot on the gas pedal. His BAC was .15 and they found both weed and pills in the car. If the 9ers had any class, they'd bench him themselves and not just let him keep playing, hoping the league won't suspend him.

Please...Anyone really expecting him not to play? He's going to get "punished" but this isn't like Dante Stallworth where there's absolutely no shot of him playing the next week.

So he keeps on playing until he gets his slap on the wrist/wallet and some token penalty....after all, he DOES play for the 49ers...must not damage a contender.

So he keeps on playing until he gets his slap on the wrist/wallet and some token penalty....after all, he DOES play for the 49ers...must not damage a contender.

Pretty much. And no it's not solely because he plays for the 49ers (But that is a factor even though it's a really small one and arguably negligible). It's what he does for the the 49ers is what makes this different. If this was a 2nd stringer or worse there would be a much larger chance of there being an immediate punishment from the team, but it isn't. It's arguably your best or 2nd best player on defense and arguably the best 3-4 OLB playing right now. No matter what team it is you can't tell me with a straight face that a GM or coach would look at arguably one of the best if not the best player(s) on their team and think that if they got in trouble for something that wasn't glaringly huge (I say this isn't glaringly huge sadly, because the NFL does not take this as seriously as they should in my opinion) that they wouldn't cut that player some slack as long as what they did will not affect their team on Sunday. Is what he did stupid? Yes. Is what he did deserving of an immediate punishment? Yes. He's lucky it was only a single car accident and that nobody was hurt. Dante Stallworth's situation should be a reminder to every NFL player about what can happen when you're under the influence behind the wheel. It's not the greatest message being sent that he will most likely be playing Sunday after what happened, but for the time being he is above immediate punishment for what he brings every Sunday. If he didn't bring the production he brings every Sunday there's a much better shot of him getting immediately punished. 

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

Look through this list right here and see how many on the list you can see not really getting any punishment or if they receive one it was a small one. Number is larger than it should be.

There's been too many incidents in a short time period for it a coincidence. Getting a DUI at 7 a.m., shooting assault rifles at a party where someone got shot and getting stabbed within a year is a big red flag. Hanging out with the wrong people and definitely NOT taking care of himself. We all partied when we were younger and did stupid stuff but I'm afraid this dude might be going down the Mike Tyson road. Maybe another Dez Bryant babysitter is needed..