Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Win Or To Not Win

GatorColts

I was just wanting people's honest opinions on what they want in our team, to win a game like to today or lose in hopes of getting a higher draft pick? Just asking because where I was watching the game today, there was a mixture of what people thought and I heard people wanting to win and I heard people wanting to lose in hopes of getting a better draft pick.

If you're going to suck -- and not make the playoffs -- which is what's going to happen this season, you really might as well suck all the way.

The worst that can happen is to go 7-9 and get the 18th pick or something.

If you're going to miss the playoffs you might as well go 1-15. You get a #1 pick (most likely) that you can use or trade for a nice return and you get to play an easier schedule in 2012.

I am rooting for the win always. The fact that the team is awful will take care of them getting a high draft pick without me having to root for it to happen. When your team legitimately sucks then the silver lining in any loss is improved draft position for next year. That's the way I see it.

If you're going to suck -- and not make the playoffs -- which is what's going to happen this season, you really might as well suck all the way.

If you're going to miss the playoffs you might as well go 1-15. You get a #1 pick (most likely) that you can use or trade for a nice return and you get to play an easier schedule in 2012.

i completely agree!

this is the perfect year for manning to be hurt and to be terrible. there is a franchise qb coming out that the colts will draft and rebuild if manning can't return or trade for several good picks to help the team if manning can return. top picks, manning back, and a last place schedule, how could it get any better!

I was just wanting people's honest opinions on what they want in our team, to win a game like to today or lose in hopes of getting a higher draft pick? Just asking because where I was watching the game today, there was a mixture of what people thought and I heard people wanting to win and I heard people wanting to lose in hopes of getting a better draft pick.

did we already trade away our #1 pick in 2012 to get uhgo?

you play to win the game. tanking is not an option... coach will make sure we get a great pick the right way!

No we sent an 07 4 and an 08 1

What a poor move by the FO, not only is Ugoh gone but it cost us a pick in the 08 draft. . .jesus christ. . .and all the other 1st round flops, Brown, Hughes (maybe), Gonzalez. . . .Jackson is gone even other picks like Hayden are gone who we paid way too much and I dont know why

Edited by ssarow

WIN WIN WIN!!!!! A true colts fan would never choose to lose. You think Peyton Manning is standing on the sidelines going man I hope we go 0-16? This team has pride losing is never an option. We are bad enough as is and I'm sure every player on the team is depressed enough as is they don't need the so called fans saying we should just tank the season theres 31 other teams dogging us bad enough they should atleast be getting support from indy fans. A #1 draft pick is not worth the ridicule of being the worst team in the league. I say keep fighting and playing with heart and let the cards fall where they lie.

I'm going to back this team whether they go 1-15 or 0-16(would prefer them not to). This team needs the support of the fans more now then anytime before. If we just stop showing up to games and quit supporting them, what will they think of that? I just feel if we can get that one win, we can win at least another one or two. It won't be 12-4 year like we're use too, but we still need that win to help give this team more confidence for later on in the year. Either way, the draft position should still be good this year!

You want us to be the best suckers we can be? LOL!

The way I see it, the more we lose this season the better season next season will be. This is because I think we will have the biggest turn around season in NFL history. Having said that, that will pretty much solidify Peyton getting another MVP (assuming he plays like he always has), and better draft picks. It will also give us an easier schedule next year. Sure I want to win, but I really don't think that's gonna happen much if at all this season. I'm just trying to find the silver lining in all of this.

There's no value in the No. 1 or No. 2 pick (compared to the 8th or 9th pick) for us because what we need most (defensive secondary and offensive line help) we can get with a middle pick just like we did last year....

..No matter how much ESPN plays him up, we arent going to draft a QB when we have other glaring needs....

i completely agree!

this is the perfect year for manning to be hurt and to be terrible. there is a franchise qb coming out that the colts will draft and rebuild if manning can't return or trade for several good picks to help the team if manning can return. top picks, manning back, and a last place schedule, how could it get any better!

ohhhhhh, i didnt think about that!

Losing is easy for us fans watching at home thinking for the future but for the players, their mind set is one game at a time. I can't help but only imagine what they are going through. These guys have been competing all their lives and for the most part are all talented athletes. For them losing now is never easy, no matter what promises the future seems to bring, it is never 100% promised.

...that being said, Suck For Luck!

Losing is easy for us fans watching at home thinking for the future but for the players, their mind set is one game at a time. I can't help but only imagine what they are going through. These guys have been competing all their lives and for the most part are all talented athletes. For them losing now is never easy, no matter what promises the future seems to bring, it is never 100% promised.

...that being said, Suck For Luck!

You had me going until the "Suck for Luck!" As much as I'd appreciate the sweet irony of Andrew Luck having a horseshoe on his helmet, I'd much rather that, if we do happen to have the first pick, that we trade it away for a bunch of other picks that we can put to great use.

Back on topic, I'll view it as a day-to-day until we get at least 1 win. Then the numbers won't matter as much to me. I just hate the number 0! :sadno:

You had me going until the "Suck for Luck!" As much as I'd appreciate the sweet irony of Andrew Luck having a horseshoe on his helmet, I'd much rather that, if we do happen to have the first pick, that we trade it away for a bunch of other picks that we can put to great use.

Back on topic, I'll view it as a day-to-day until we get at least 1 win. Then the numbers won't matter as much to me. I just hate the number 0! :sadno:

i just dont see us trading back. this guy is a once in a lifetime player

The way I see it, the more we lose this season the better season next season will be. This is because I think we will have the biggest turn around season in NFL history. Having said that, that will pretty much solidify Peyton getting another MVP (assuming he plays like he always has), and better draft picks. It will also give us an easier schedule next year. Sure I want to win, but I really don't think that's gonna happen much if at all this season. I'm just trying to find the silver lining in all of this.

ohhhhhh, i didnt think about that!

You do realize that a "last place" schedule only has an impact on two games, right? The schedule won't be any easier.

i just dont see us trading back. this guy is a once in a lifetime player

No, Manning is a once in a lifetime player. We surround him with the best talent possible to improve our chances of bringing home a few more titles before he hangs them up. Drafting Andrew Luck doesn't do that. He just costs us money to sit on the bench.

No, Manning is a once in a lifetime player. We surround him with the best talent possible to improve our chances of bringing home a few more titles before he hangs them up. Drafting Andrew Luck doesn't do that. He just costs us money to sit on the bench.

he would cost us like 5 mil. thats what we're paying collins. plus this not only gives our future qb, but a safety net if peyton gets hurt again

There's no value in the No. 1 or No. 2 pick (compared to the 8th or 9th pick) for us because what we need most (defensive secondary and offensive line help) we can get with a middle pick just like we did last year....

..No matter how much ESPN plays him up, we arent going to draft a QB when we have other glaring needs....

Agreed with a lof of what you said except for the very beginning about the #1 or #2 pick not having value for us. We take that pick and trade down and we get a crapload of picks in return so that top pick definitely has a huge value for us.

I think as the season goes on and more holes in the personnel are exposed, the more people are going to jump off the Luck bandwagon.

he would cost us like 5 mil. thats what we're paying collins. plus this not only gives our future qb, but a safety net if peyton gets hurt again

but he does nothing to help the other GLARING needs the team has. We trade down, acquire extra picks this coming year PLUS at least an extra first round pick next year. It's not the money so much as the cost of Luck's contract but rather the cost of the #1 pick.

but he does nothing to help the other GLARING needs the team has. We trade down, acquire extra picks this coming year PLUS at least an extra first round pick next year. It's not the money so much as the cost of Luck's contract but rather the cost of the #1 pick.

and once peyton is gone the bottom falls and we're right back to sucking

Not if we use the crapload of extra picks we get for the #1 and improve the defense (and replace Coyer) and continue improving the OL.

we have an ample opportunity to continue our success for another 15 years. a qb of luck's caibler only comes around oh so often.

we have an ample opportunity to continue our success for another 15 years. a qb of luck's caibler only comes around oh so often.

There are 3-5 QBs at least that have the potential to be great QB's. Luck is not the only option and as I've said before, I'm not even convinced he would be our best option. How will Luck play when he doesn't have one of the best OL in the league blocking for him, a running game that averages 200+ yards per game and 3 TE's who can't be covered no matter who you put on them? There are several QB's who are having the same amount of individual success if not more so with much less around them.

I wanna get #1 pick in the draft. A defensive player. Best DB in college.

Andrew Luck is just gonna be a bench warmer because Peyton loves the game so much I think we gonna see another Favre fiasco with him. Peyton will play another 5 years at least. Then he will retire, and then he will return to play 2 more years.

Forget Andrew Luck, he is just gonna become another Jim Sorgi, therefore he will stay in college for hos senior year if he finds out that the Colts might be picking him.

Replace Lacey with a #1 pick at DB. Someone in the style of Asante Samuel or the guy from Philly that used to play in OAK. Asumghuah blah lol

Edited by number28

It's pretty clear to me that we are in win now mode. Obviously not at this very moment, but before Peyton went down that's what the plan was. I can't imagine that will change once he gets the green light to play next season.

With a quarterback like Manning you don't have to take that one kid outta Standford (kidding). You can take someone like a Nick Foles (not in the first round) who has raw ability and teach him the fundamentals and still get a great product. Or not! Who knows what he'll turn out like. But, this organization has to believe that improving the team around Manning and winning now. In my opinion, that means improving our secondary or wide receiver corp first, and then defensive and offensive line. WIN NOW BABY