Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too all the peeps complaining about Grigson and the Richardson move

Nesjan3

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that many seem to identify personally with Grigson and Pagano so they have more than the usual stake into the team but I'm still not on board with this move. It's not going to help win now. Running backs were not the reason the Colts lost the last game despite the rhetoric around here. Still going to lose to SF. Play calling is still going to be crap. For long stretches they seem to not be able to get into the right plays. Can't depend on Luck to be lucky winning so many close games. Just like last week, the law of averages is bound to show up. The defense can't get off the field.

I don't believe in Grigson, I think he's a good ole boy hire that's going to fall on his face. FYI, mediocre to me is being an average team with no shot to win the Superbowl. That's like most of the teams in the league. Luck is going to take a few years before he becomes elite, if he becomes elite. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm not seeing it. Luck better throw to Reggie Wayne. He needs to be well fed. In the end, the results are going to be seen on the field. 

Well buddy you are entitled to your own opinon, but you just sound like a hater if you ask me, you have no real facts to back up anything you have said. I suppose you believed in Polian and have not gotten over the fact that he is gone or maybe you just hate trades. What ever your own personally reason is for not liking Grigson is I'm happy to say we have a GM that is willing to do anything to improve this team. Its so hilarious when people or fans would rather set their hopes and expectations low to simply prevent a let down because thats what it sounds like to me. Further more you as well as many others have no real understanding of the true value of a strong QB, RB, WR combination and what that can do for an offense. You just don't get it and for the life of me, I can't understand how it can elude you but hey some only see what they choose to see. You say the law of averages is bound to show up like this is some long drawn out math problem so lets look at how pairing a back like Richardson with Luck is a good thing. 

1.Better pass protection.

2.3rd and 4th downs situations.

3.Defenses will have to play man or put 8 in the box.

4.Goal line situations.

5.Play action

I mean I can do this all day long lets not forget Richardson had like 51 pass receptions last year as a rookie and besides Bradshaw who at this time can't carried the load on his own, who else before this trade do you trust to carry the ball, plus its not fair to Luck or his development not to give him the pieces needed to succeed. Miami did a good job of taking Reggie away last week, but a player like Richardson will force man to man coverage on the outside which will make TY and Reggie's job much easier. My final thought from your post is for you to please go back to the Miami game and watch the final play, you can blame it on play calling if you choose but the bottom line is Brown missed his block thus Luck is sacked game over. The one and only thing we agree on is the results are going to be seen on the field maybe not so much this week, but having a guy in the backfield like Richardson will have a big effect come December. I'll just stop there cause I was about to get into your comment on Luck being elite but I think I've covered enough for now.. Simply CUM ON MAN!!! Just say your a Bronco fan..

I love youth and change. Its exciting. BP was in my opinion, complacent and Grigs comes across as a guy that thinks of the shoe 24/7. I'm enjoying the ride AND I really hope it works for the best.

Now get your tickets, get in line and let's see how this ride turns out!

Nos-man;

Dont tell anybody but the 'we' deal was just to get you to respond......

I didn't like giving up a No.1 for TRich and I wanted folks to defend the gamble...

Its a debating trick. When you tell someone what they said...or what you claim they said

..and lump them in with the majority (which did indeed say you never draft a RB No.1) which DID say that..

....folks almost have no choice but to engage you and then

.....you get a chance to really debate the deal....a chance you don't get if you don't call 'em out

To me, the whole idea of being on this board is to root for the Colts and to debate issues..

You can root 24-7 but to debate points, you have to get people to seriously engage..which requires you to tell them THEY are wrong

"I KNOW I'm right" and I want to hear why you "KNOW you're right"...you know what I mean..?

If you notice. I never talk about the person I'm talking to....I dont know 'em...and we're all Colts fans (except for a few of the Houston freaks)

. I only counter the argument...again and again....as many times as they will..

And if you don't say anything you don't truly believe, you always have a counter

That's debating.....and the more folks engage..the more I like it

That's why I love this board and post a lot...folks aren't unwilling to debate hard...(with a little prompting)

I don't mind getting a hard time for my opinion because. I like to argue. We all do.

definitely, I feel you... and people will feel the need like they HAVE to respond to what's being said, to defend themselves... and that's not the case with you.  I respect it.

thanks coach!

Your Welcome???

So you kicked the Tires today how is the new ride??

Is it everything you thought it would be???

Someone on here told me yesterday he would put up 1500 I wonder if the guy would like to revive that just a tiny bit??

No really isn't TR great????LOL

Upbeat

Your Welcome???

So you kicked the Tires today how is the new ride??

Is it everything you thought it would be???

Someone on here told me yesterday he would put up 1500 I wonder if the guy would like to revive that just a tiny bit??

No really isn't TR great????LOL

Upbeat

His first play for us was a Touchdown and made several key runs today for us.  I liked what I saw what I saw in the fourth quarter when the 49ers D was gassed form the Colts ramming Richardson and Bradshaw at them all day.  I am sure I'll like it even more when he has more than three days to prepare and learn the offense. 

His first play for us was a Touchdown and made several key runs today for us.  I liked what I saw what I saw in the fourth quarter when the 49ers D was gassed form the Colts ramming Richardson and Bradshaw at them all day.  I am sure I'll like it even more when he has more than three days to prepare and learn the offense. 

Well I'm happy for ya I have been watching him for more then a year now and I can tell you what you saw today is TR.....

He is one tuff player but that will land him on the IR, and shorten his career.

But honestly and I mean this not to come off as being smart but what you saw today is what you will see pretty much all year, He runs real nice at the start but by the time the 3rd series comes around he is M-I-A

Watched him closely for a year remember that.....

Upbeat out

Edited by Coltssouth
language

I think, TR needs a few days off to reflect back on all that he has gone through this week. His head has to be spinning with all this sudden change. I think, it will take a month before we see him really start to play good ball. Big change for him, he feels dejected  after Cleveland traded him. I heard someone say today that he asked one of the "talking heads" what he did wrong to get traded. This must have hit him harder than we think. Just hope he comes to terms with it in the next couple weeks, and shows Cleveland, that they are really just the mistake by the lake.